Johnny Marr wins 2021 Boss Lifetime Achievement Award

Screenshot_20210130-040754~2.png

Screenshot_20210130-040420~2.png

(Video stills from Marr's IG, Jan. 30th).

Article from 10 days prior:

Johnny Marr receives Boss Lifetime Achievement Award at NAMM Believe in Music Week

The Smiths legend and CE-2 Chorus pedal devotee is honored for “inspiring a generation to pick up a guitar”

Regards,
FWD.

Actually, I’m now just wondering who the other contestants in line were to win this? Or did they pick from a hat?

:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Boss pick musicians themselves - they award it to musicians that have continually used their equipment whilst being seen to promote guitar playing/learning etc.
I forget which article, but: Andy Summers, Steve Vai, and Yngwie Malmsteen were previous winners.
Regards,
FWD.

Boss pick musicians themselves - they award it to musicians that have continually used their equipment whilst being seen to promote guitar playing/learning etc.
I forget which article, but: Andy Summers, Steve Vai, and Yngwie Malmsteen were previous winners.
Regards,
FWD.

Yeah was just looking that up, only found two videos, assume it’s a fairly new award.

So I guess Marr has achieved as much as Vai during his life ? ...

I mean I don’t really understand how Boss measures someone else’s
achievements, and chooses one over another.

In 2019....

‘Roland and BOSS Present Lifetime Achievement Award in Education to Randall Faber!’

And they give more than just one a year .....

‘Following the 2020 Roland International Press Conference, held Wednesday, January 15, 2020, in advance of The NAMM Show in Anaheim, California, Roland and BOSS presented their fifth-annual Lifetime Achievement Awards to the incredibly versatile, successful drummer, Omar Hakim (Roland), and the world-renowned Swedish guitarist, Yngwie Malmsteem (BOSS), both of whom have incredible careers spanning over 40 years.’

Last edited:
🤒

what type of an award has no contestants FFS?😠
WTF?? :blushing: similar to the FHead Ian auctions.:blushing:

I can assure you that nobody from Morrissey’s present band made the short list.

you could be right, I don’t know or think they even use Boss pedals, or have used the Boss brand continually as a part of their sound.

Last edited:
I can assure you that nobody from Morrissey’s present band made the short list.

🤒

there is no list, its a commercial.:blushing: an advert:blushing:
you dont see Moz making adverts of himself so as get bogus
unknown awards FFS:blushing:
you dont see his superior current band doing such a thing either.:handpointleft:
what does Iggy Pop have to say about this,:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: making adverts
for unknown awards, or is Iggy Pop busy walking around butt naked on the street.:blushing:

Boz did a few Roland/Boss Youtube videos a few years back. Here's one:

Boz is funny, he messes up his riff straight off - I would have gone for another take!

An interesting thing in Johnny's BOSS video, that the fellow from Steely Dan pointed out, is that Johnny is known as the master of the GT1000 multi-effects processor. This takes the place of a huge pedal board like one that Boz is using in this video. The effects are programmed in and with a tap of a foot pedal, they can be called up during a performance.

🤒

of course he uses a computer chip to play the music, like NO.:blushing:
he cant play the guitar good FFS:blushing:

Is it an award or an advert?
It’s both. There’d be no award, without the advert. That’s how they pay for the trophies Just like the Brits, Grammies, Junos and Melvis’ favourite - The legends of Polish Sausage Twisting. ...except nobody but Melvis wants a PST coil.

It’s both. There’d be no award, without the advert. That’s how they pay for the trophies Just like the Brits, Grammies, Junos and Melvis’ favourite - The legends of Polish Sausage Twisting. ...except nobody but Melvis wants a PST coil.

The awarding is the advert.

Boz is funny, he messes up his riff straight off - I would have gone for another take!

An interesting thing in Johnny's BOSS video, that the fellow from Steely Dan pointed out, is that Johnny is known as the master of the GT1000 multi-effects processor. This takes the place of a huge pedal board like one that Boz is using in this video. The effects are programmed in and with a tap of a foot pedal, they can be called up during a performance.

I’m sorry, but why would you say or think that’s interesting?

🤒

there is no list, its a commercial.:blushing: an advert:blushing:
you dont see Moz making adverts of himself so as get bogus
unknown awards FFS:blushing:
you dont see his superior current band doing such a thing either.:handpointleft:
what does Iggy Pop have to say about this,:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: making adverts
for unknown awards, or is Iggy Pop busy walking around butt naked on the street.:blushing:
A list? Are you looking for Melvis to rate on a list? Have you tried the frozen food section at the grocery store, ElevatorClassics.com or the Polish charts?

Stick to your Eurovision and Britain’s Got Talent shit, if you’re looking for a karaoke death squad, kiddo.

...and maybe have a gander at the video.

You gonna start smack-talking Skunk Baxter, in your emoji-laden, broken English now?

...because - like me - the person who posted that has a breadth and depth of musical interest and knowledge that transcends “You’re the one for me, Fatty”?

Pretty simple, really - if you’re able to pull your head from up the man-child’s arse.

If you are a music fan interested in the performance of music, it really is an advance in how a guitarist and singer performs on stage. It automates the process of the sound of the guitar by stepping on a pedal. For instance, if you want a chorus sound for a verse and then a more reverby sound for a solo, you do it by memorizing the pedal settings. For Johnny, he says it helps him maintain eye contact with the audience - something that's important to him as a performer.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom