Johnny Marr in Melbourne

Pokey

Just got back from Johnny's gig at The Corner in Melbourne, first time I've seen him and holy shit he blew me away! I really enjoyed his album but this was a whole new level. He had just had so much energy, his solo stuff sounded really strong, The Smiths stuff was just awesome and really puts Moz's band to shame on so many of those tracks ... dare I say it, I probably enjoyed this gig more than Morrissey 13 months ago. Got about 3 rows from the front and my ears are still ringing and the show went for about 2 hours which was really nice. Johnny seemed to be having tonnes of fun, very talkative, and the sing-along to There is a light... to close the show just sent shivers down my spine; Johnny letting the crowd sing the outro before he joined back in with to play the outro was up there with any concert moment I've had. Just pumped after that, anyone who hasn't had a chance to see him yet, try and do so!

Just got back from Johnny's gig at The Corner in Melbourne, first time I've seen him and holy shit he blew me away! I really enjoyed his album but this was a whole new level. He had just had so much energy, his solo stuff sounded really strong, The Smiths stuff was just awesome and really puts Moz's band to shame on so many of those tracks ... dare I say it, I probably enjoyed this gig more than Morrissey 13 months ago. Got about 3 rows from the front and my ears are still ringing and the show went for about 2 hours which was really nice. Johnny seemed to be having tonnes of fun, very talkative, and the sing-along to There is a light... to close the show just sent shivers down my spine; Johnny letting the crowd sing the outro before he joined back in with to play the outro was up there with any concert moment I've had. Just pumped after that, anyone who hasn't had a chance to see him yet, try and do so!

I saw him in London in October and agree with that.

Back
Top Bottom