Johnny Marr at Amoeba Records in Los Angeles

nando sends the link / video:

Johnny Marr Drops By Amoeba - brokenheartboy

Johnny Marr recently dropped by one of the amazing Amoeba record stores in California and was snagged to do a quick video of what he was purchasing. Pretty cool to hear what the genius is thinking music wise. And no, there is no talk of a Smiths reunion. Sighhhhhhhh. Have a look:​

Last edited:
Crikey!
I wonder how many copies of the bootleg Smiths LP of out takes he bought?

Has "Untitled 1" been confirmed as 'I Misses You' then?

'And no, there is no talk of Smiths reunion'..... Obviously, it won't happen i reckon the closest is maybe just a Marr and Morrissey one off or something.

I adore Johnny Marr. I need him to go shopping with me next time I'm out for music and dvd's!

'And no, there is no talk of Smiths reunion'..... Obviously, it won't happen i reckon the closest is maybe just a Marr and Morrissey one off or something.

No - no Smiths reunion, but a Morrissey and Marr reunion would be quite nice...

I think Johnny's hair is looking very nice these days...it went off the rails for awhile, but he seems to have got it together lately...I wonder if he's using that 'caffeine' shampoo..perhaps Moz should try it?

Is he still with Angie? You can see an "Angie" tattoo around 2:07 but it looks partially erased.

Is he still with Angie? You can see an "Angie" tattoo around 2:07 but it looks partially erased.

He's still with Angie, yeah. I think it's probably just faded slightly.

the lad has got taste. love morricone. also a bit of a documentary buff myself. with the state of hollywood atm, i often find myself on the lookout for new docos to watch.

One telling comment: 'I like that suprise element. The idea of sticking with the one sound for 20 odd years is...lazy you know' (4.35)

the lad has got taste. love morricone. also a bit of a documentary buff myself. with the state of hollywood atm, i often find myself on the lookout for new docos to watch.

Very enjoyable to watch. Imagine what he and Morrissey could do with their own culture show, and a few live numbers thrown in between them! :thumb:

yeah, i know what you mean. johnny's a sharp fella. his knowledge of 60s pop is second to none. his reading tastes also show he's no lightweight. i'd watch a culture show hosted by johnny in a heartbeat. his tastes match up with mine really well.

you might find this vid interesting (if you haven't already seen it). really enlightening.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19259_johnny-marr-discussing-phil-spector_music

yeah, i know what you mean. johnny's a sharp fella. his knowledge of 60s pop is second to none. his reading tastes also show he's no lightweight. i'd watch a culture show hosted by johnny in a heartbeat. his tastes match up with mine really well.

you might find this vid interesting (if you haven't already seen it). really enlightening.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19259_johnny-marr-discussing-phil-spector_music

Thanks, chris, his eloquence delivers on his powers of observation. Satisfying. :)

great musician, a music researcher, oh i know he never take an acting class, but i wonder if he got a role, in a romantic movies, where he also the music director..:)

Lovely interview but when is Marr gonna age? I gotta get me some Just For Men...getting a little white on the sides. :(

Love the appearance from Yoda.

Wire...wow I remember seeing them at the Rose Bowl as one of the opening acts for Depeche's 101 show. I liked their single Eardrum Buzz at the time and I still have The Ideal Copy on cassette!

Finally, Marr "poor"? Hardly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom