Joey Barton - bad boy English footballer and The Smiths

jiyycy.jpg

Thanks to Dickie for spotting this on Twitter.

This may not mean much to non-UK people, but he's well known as the bad boy of English football, and his favourite song is a bit of a surprise...

There's more in this post by Boethius here, by the way, from a couple of weeks ago, which I'm ashamed to say I missed:

Imagine my surprise when my eyes settled, whilst reading an article regarding the Newcastle United footballer Joey Barton in the June edition of Esquire, upon the following;-

"....(Uncle) Tom ignited his nephew's passion for music, and Joey has fond memories of lying on a bed, listening to the Smiths on Tom's stereo."

Those of you familiar with Mr Barton's escapades may well share my amazement. Furthermore, the article is accompanied by a photograph of Mr Barton in reflective mood holding a solitary daffodil.

joey_barton.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Although no Keane...I think Mr Morrissey would like Mr Barton very much...

It's obvious Barton like Morrissey... see a recent picture of his new haircut.

He tweeted about Still Ill being his fave and "Morrissey = God"

He is a great player....... anyone who says he is Crap knows nothing about Football.

Good to see a professional footballer with a bit of taste for once, I reckon people should give him a break, better to have character than be another media zombie drilled in the art of answering the same old questions week after week.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom