James Maker's Autofellatio out as an e-book

sistasheila

tjekket
jamesmaker finally releases autofellatio but only as a online version
wonder if there will be longer accounts of morrissey beside the one we know...
thnks to spdyerfingers for the info
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autofellati...2T0I6NSM&s=digital-text&qid=1283079849&sr=1-2
Product Description
Autofellatio is the first short volume of two volumes of memoirs by singer, lyricist, writer and occasional actor James Maker.
This volume begins in his teenage years in Punk era London, moving through the counter-cultural 1980s, visiting his association with Pop artist, Morrissey, and ending with an account of the Indie group Raymonde, with whom he was singer.
Product details

* Format: Kindle Edition
* File Size: 163 KB
* Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
* Publisher: James Maker (28 Aug 2010)
* Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Kindle Price: £3.68 includes VAT* & wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=103917&highlight=james+maker

two excerpts of the book : the mentioned longer account on morrissey and the night they were chased
and another one of early years has been online already on james site and marks site

edit:
here is the morrissey story

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=08/06/24/1551204&tid=8

second excerpt about his upbringing, school, ny dolls (without moz)was once one his james maker blog but cant seem to find it anymore

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
these sounds new to me-havent read it before.he posted it in january
from his site
http://www.jamesmaker.blogspot.com/?zx=13e9e068a8246ee4
moz parts

Travis visited the studio to check our progress on a couple of occasions – it being a little beyond reasonable tricycling distance – and, as I later learned, confided his misgivings to Morrissey.

Travis: “There’s a problem. James can’t sing.”
Morrissey: “Geoff, you’re missing the point.”

(Two weeks later)

Travis: “There’s a problem. James has designed a not-very-attractive sleeve for the album.”

(One week later)

Travis: “I love the Raymonde album! It’s very 1960s.”

think that I appreciate Babelogue more as the years have passed. It is an ambitious album in that there is no particular anchor to the musical style. It moves from the upbeat, arpeggio power pop of No One Can Hold A Candle To You – later re-recorded for the B-side of Morrissey’s I Have Forgiven Jesus single – to the conflagrant swamp rock of The Milk Train Doesn’t Stop Here Anymore, the Bowie-inspired Been Too Many Years and on to the mock aria of Oh Hellish Choir! In this sense, the album was not as ‘listener friendly’ as many other independent offerings at the time. From the opening chords of the first track you cannot necessarily forecast what lay in store ahead of the fizzling feedback of the closer. There were a good deal of lazy and fatiguing journalistic comparisons that insisted Raymonde were very much like The Smiths. This developed more from the fact that my association with Morrissey was popular knowledge rather than it being founded in true, musical fact. It was journalists who were obsessed with The Smiths, not Raymonde, and there are other groups who are more deserving of that similitude.

In 1987, following the disbandment of The Smiths, Morrissey took a holiday to Los Angeles and suggested that I accompany him. My savings account with the Co-Operative Bank had dwindled to a sum considerably below that which a modestly well-behaved child might expect from Santa. Geoff Travis, who I suspect very much wanted to retain Morrissey in some way, advanced me the fare and booked a suite at Le Parc in West Hollywood. Two weeks later I returned home to the frantically blinking light of my ansaphone. Unfortunately, you don’t send someone to the unemployment line and then make fiscal requests of them via an unreliable answering service.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom