James Franco and band signs deal for Smiths-inspired album and film - The Guardian

An anonymous person posted the link:

Bigmouth strikes again: James Franco's band sign deal for Smiths inspired album - The Guardian
Daddy, the actor’s duo with multi-instrumentalist Tim O’Keefe, have signed a worldwide deal with Kobalt for an album featuring Andy Rourke

James Franco’s group Daddy have inked a deal to release a full-length album and film entitled Let Me Get What I Want, a project largely inspired by the work of the Smiths...

Related item:
Daddy (James Franco's band) to release Smiths-inspired album "Let me Get What I Want"; features Andy Rourke on bass - Nov. 12, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
franco is imitating rourke not moz. its only a matter before franco replaces obama as his punching bag du jour.
moz is probably going nuts over the news. figures franco should have courted him.

franco writes poetry and his work has a very very extremely strong huma vibe. yet he bypasses moz for andy rourke.
we will soon see a flurry of anti franco missives on tty.

Re: Bigmouth strikes again: James Franco's band sign deal for Smiths inspired album

In all fairness though Andy IS a very good bass player.

You're right, but he still looks like Jabba the hutt slightly more athletic brother :lbf:

franco writes poetry and his work has a very very extremely strong huma vibe. yet he bypasses moz for andy rourke.
we will soon see a flurry of anti franco missives on tty.

I'm pretty sure Franco is realistic enough to know he wouldn't get Moz. Rourke? Probably 10 bucks and a pint of stale ale.

I'm pretty sure Franco is realistic enough to know he wouldn't get Moz. Rourke? Probably 10 bucks and a pint of stale ale.

what else does moz have to do besides posting at tty. he could negotiate a two week stay in a luxury trailer in return
for his name as a consultant. maybe give him a couple hundred chips to go gambling in vegas. you dont want moz losing his own money. hed kvetch to no end.

VICE debuted a track from this album last year. If it's anything to go by, then it seems like, as with the series of poems Franco published a while back, the songs will borrow titles and lines from The Smiths but are for the most part original pieces of work.

VICE debuted a track from this album last year. If it's anything to go by, then it seems like, as with the series of poems Franco published a while back, the songs will borrow titles and lines from The Smiths but are for the most part original pieces of work.

That sound awful. No offence Franco but Jesus being a actor does not make you a jack of all trades. That deal should have gone to a better artist

I'm really surprised Andy hasn't gotten more session work over the years, I surprisingly liked that track.

I'm really surprised Andy hasn't gotten more session work over the years, I surprisingly liked that track.

yeah it wasnt really all that bad though i couldnt exactly hear a prominent bassline. sounded fine, like soothing 80s dance pop. had some nice if predictable dynamics

He seems to be doing more session work these days. This new track he recorded with Simon Wolstencroft and the late Diane Charlemagne is a fiery bit of neo-soul, with his bass playing being a definite highlight. It really makes me long for a Freak Party reunion. :guitar:

Anyway, I agree on the Daddy track. While it doesn't blow me away, it's enjoyable, and better than what I was expecting.

Re: Bigmouth strikes again: James Franco's band sign deal for Smiths inspired album

Then you're in for a VERY long wait.

Oh you silly disgraceful brainless little pleb. You are nothing but silly cult trance. Grow a backbone you dreadful little man. Dense beyonde belief, what are you without Morrissey?
Firecracker of nothingness, your life is attention whoreism.

Oh you silly disgraceful brainless little pleb. You are nothing but silly cult trance. Grow a backbone you dreadful little man. Dense beyonde belief, what are you without Morrissey?
Firecracker of nothingness, your life is attention whoreism.

You might want address your attention to your eye-bleedingly bad Modernist "website" rather than get in a huff with Skinny. It's complete rubbish.

Forgettable not so inspired song. These artists should do their own thing and forget about tributes or inspiration from The Smiths. They will always fall short and only make listeners want to listen to the real thing.

You might want address your attention to your eye-bleedingly bad Modernist "website" rather than get in a huff with Skinny. It's complete rubbish.

LOL. its 'modernist' shite.
its a sock puppet deluxe with the nutjob talking to himself. you could call it the list of the lost of websites.
its totally embarrassing. its if liberace was running a moz site.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom