"Jacky's..." debuts at #1 in UK Vinyl Singles Chart; "Low In High School" #85 in 4th week

The video director you mean was Tim BROAD. Tim Booth is the singer of James. And this "money story" you are talking about sounds pretty much like the one Moz himself told in his Autobiography but in relation to his manager at the time Nigel Thomas who died in the same year as Tim Broad. Get your facts right.

That's rich coming from you Matt's brother took a swing at JESSE not moz you know nothing.
It's funny as f*** how you lot talk as if you know facts when you know gossip or morrissys slight of hand.

As for moz meaning the world to young people, he does but so does bowie, Paul Weller, liam G, Brett Anderson and so on. It depends who you speak to. Lots of people think moz is a complete bell end.

I'm as big a critic as anyone when Morrissey spouts the shit he does, but pricks like you really piss me off. You have jumped on here as an anon to spout absolute bullshit. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Band Aid? you absolute f***ing moron, was released in November 1984 at which time Morrissey was in The Smiths. The Smiths only released their first album in February that same year, so why the f*** would they have been invited to play/sing on the Band Aid release?

He was invited, he turned it down. He also said some bitchy stuff about Bob G, which pissed him off

about how much Morrissey sold, Ill ask how much sold Mike and Andy for their DVD/VHS who were nmbr 1 in DVD chart? It's not about amounts your nbr 1 in that week and sold more as all vinyl/DVD's thhat week

stop watching the news :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

Sharon here. We were probably flying over the Alps when these comments were posted. We're back in HQ in The Shires of Engerland now and we'll be back on to hacking apart the corpse of Morrissey's career in due course....but it's Sunday...we like to chill....please be patient...

The Secretary.

Where is frustrated DummyToy with his mocking and hateful comments?

Sorry, Bummy Toy only comes around when he could twist the news to fit his agenda,

can't twist this ! ......

JACKY NUMBER ONE !!!!! :D

MORRISSEY NUMBER ONE !!!!! :rock:

haters gonna cry.

:cool:

Please don’t.
Now you are provoking him.
Oh God.

I have to admit I read this post even after being informed the poster is one of the badassed trolls around on this site....
But the positive side of it is, nobody gives a shit anymore.

That stings coming from you! :tears:
I know how far you will go out of your way to avoid the appearance of conflict and find something nice to say. I have spent my whole life in ... well, you know the song. :thumb:

Hello everyone.

... back on to hacking apart the corpse of Morrissey's career in due course....but it's Sunday...we like to chill....please be patient...

The Secretary.

Hurray hurray BrummieTubby Po is up and ruining ;-) again. He brings Moz and us sleepless nights...

That stings coming from you! :tears:
I know how far you will go out of your way to avoid the appearance of conflict and find something nice to say. I have spent my whole life in ... well, you know the song. :thumb:

Yeah, I know. Can’t help it.
Nature of the beast.
Again, I read many of your posts under several names and some maybe anonymous ones (how would I know they were yours?) and they contained a lot of interesting suggestions and hypothesis but you were being called out by Uncleskinny and he challenged you 7 or 8 times and you didn’t delver ANY substance about all your supposed knowledge and “so-called” truths about Moz.

I never quite understand if you really like or appreciate his music or if you hate him as you also said many speculative and negative things about him. I know it is possible to love or loathe him in equal intensity.

Don’t know for sure but that gives a “trollish” impression as if it is all about you and not the subject of this site.

But still, as you said, I avoid conflicts as I am tended to be diplomatic and know there actually IS something nice to say about almost everybody.

Counting out of course the massmurderers, the killers etcetera.
And I am not going out of my way to avoid conflict at any costs cause otherwise I wouldn’t post that reply which you reacted to.

Question: Yea or No, do you like and appreciate Moz or do you detest him in equal amounts of emotion?
Just curious.
:thumb:

We get the artists that we deserve.

I happen to love Morrissey and his new album. However, even if you don't, you should be able to acknowledge that it is the work of someone unique that has something to say. (You can say that you don't agree with him, or that he says things clumsily, but if you say that his music is banal pop music with no point of view you are just f***ing lying.)

I played the new album for a musician friend, someone that not familiar with his work beyond How Soon is Now? and they were blown away by the production of Low in High School. As a musician myself, I am in awe of the music alone. Everyone in his band right now plays really smart parts. Gustavo alone is an incredible multi-instrumentalist that seems not only classically trained, but is also someone that really understands sound in general. He is always doing something highly emotional and/or sonically interesting. You can put this album on next to a hip hop record and it holds its own sonically, while still feeling very warm and live. This is not the work of amateurs.

Lou Reed, Leonard Cohen, David Bowie, and on and on. When we lose artists like this it is not only sad, because we are losing artists that constantly challenge us, but because are culture is not replacing them. I keep abreast of all the latest records and it is so rare that I find something new that is both musically creative and lyrically unique. I understand why some people don't like Morrissey's new record in the same way I understand many people didn't like Lou Reed's Lulu. Both are the work of artists who are acquired tastes.

Morrissey, like Reed, has never ever compromised his vision. One could argue with things like Lou Reed's Honda Scooter ad, that Morrissey is even more uncompromising than Reed, though I think Reed made work at times that is even more of an acquired taste than Morrissey. (Metal Machine Music, The Raven, and of course Lulu.)

So lets say you are someone that is not into what Morrissey is currently doing. Would you truly rather not have him make anymore records? How many artists in the rock world have the carte blanche to make expensive records with no market concerns? How many of these artists are making something that you can actually sing along to, that make deeply emotional records that also are full of big ideas? As great as someone like Radiohead may be, their records are somewhat cryptic and I find their music more interesting in an intellectual way. Morrissey is a rare artist that is intellectual, but also someone that still cares about making something in the pop sense, with big vocal hooks, with ideas and emotion out front. I think we're lucky to have him and I think even some of his detractors will miss him when gone.

I don't know when performers had to start towing a very specific political line. Remember when the Dixie Chicks were crucified over just having said something negative regarding Bush? How many of us laughed at the rubes who smashed their records, records which were not very subversive to begin with. Now because Morrissey has done something that makes those on the left the slightest bit uncomfortable, we're ready to cast him out? (And I would argue that Morrissey has never really changed. He still is someone that gives a voice to outsiders. He is politically light years from Trump and the alt-right.)

I remember when I read about the song Israel. I have long been against the occupation. Was someone that has meant so much to me taking a political stance that I couldn't stand by. (I don't believe the song, especially in the context of the record, is a blanket endorsement of the Israel government's occupation in the slightest. But that is a topic for another day.) However, I read the Morrissey where he said something along the lines of, people shouldn't be judged by their governments. He said the U.S. and England shouldn't. And truth be told he is right. Just because their government is doing things I don't like, I realized with a clarity I hadn't had before that the people of Israel are probably as varied politically as all other nations. When is the last time you bought a record and it made you think more clearly about something? Even if you don't agree with Morrissey, you have to think in order to to say why he is wrong. That's what art is about!!! It's about making you think and feel strongly, and not always about what you want to be thinking or feeling at a certain time. f***, we're so lucky to have him or any artist that can do that!

Artists aren't running our governments or schools. They have a different standard. They are provocateurs and philosophers at their best. If they make us think, question, and feel they have more than done their job. I'm glad someone like Morrissey is #1 in anything. I wish the pop charts were filled with people like him, instead of songs that sound like they should be played in the back of commercials. You can run him out of town if you like, but we're all so much poorer for it if so. I say thank god he is out there, a strange mutant, running amuck...

Well said. I like old Lou's music too, though Lulu is hard work, Morrissey has never made one album that is unlistenable like Metal Machine Music. His detractors attack his outpourings without even listening probably, and so what if you don't like his politics, why should he have the same as every other pop music puppet?

trolls are extractor fans,they say things like.
1.i cant believe you've never heard of
2.unless you like them as much as me your not a real fan.
3.i don't like them now everyone else does.
these people see normal people as a threat and they will argue till the end of time.
dave Gorman was right.

Yeah, I know. Can’t help it.
Nature of the beast.
Again, I read many of your posts under several names and some maybe anonymous ones (how would I know they were yours?) and they contained a lot of interesting suggestions and hypothesis but you were being called out by Uncleskinny and he challenged you 7 or 8 times and you didn’t delver ANY substance about all your supposed knowledge and “so-called” truths about Moz.

I never quite understand if you really like or appreciate his music or if you hate him as you also said many speculative and negative things about him. I know it is possible to love or loathe him in equal intensity.

Don’t know for sure but that gives a “trollish” impression as if it is all about you and not the subject of this site.

But still, as you said, I avoid conflicts as I am tended to be diplomatic and know there actually IS something nice to say about almost everybody.

Counting out of course the massmurderers, the killers etcetera.
And I am not going out of my way to avoid conflict at any costs cause otherwise I wouldn’t post that reply which you reacted to.

Question: Yea or No, do you like and appreciate Moz or do you detest him in equal amounts of emotion?
Just curious.
:thumb:
The Fine Print first...
I was minding my business, had people I didn't like on ignore, but got tired of constantly being followed. I posted a picture of my cat and someone decided to remark on it. When I replied she reported it and I was given a timeout. During that timeout, for "other reasons" still unknown, I was banned.
That means I don't see replies to my posts. I have been posting as Truth and once as Dr Phil. (If you think I am other people you're probably mistaken.)

So it's hard to keep up if I don't check right away. But I don't think this "you were being called out by Uncleskinny and he challenged you 7 or 8 times and you didn’t delver ANY substance about all your supposed knowledge and “so-called” truths about Moz" happened. If you want to post the links you think were me and challenges I ignored in "Off Topic" I'll look and reply later.

About being "nice," that can be a good thing but there can also be a bit of fascism to it. It's fine for you to be nice, but it feels like you want everyone to be "nice."

For your question, I used to separate the music from the person. Over the past few years, because I'm a slow learner, I figured out that the person is a silly troll who will say anything to cause outrage and get attention. But this time, with the victim-blaming he went too far. Looking back the comments on the Norwegian massacre should have been enough. And why is it "nothing" when those students were killed but the Manchester bombing is something that deeply affects him, and only him? Could it be because Breivik was a right-wing extremist but the Manchester killer was Islamic?
I would not pay to see him again and I haven't listened to the new record. I am not going to say I detest him because that's too dramatic, and I'm not trying to "expose him." He's doing a fine job of destroying his own career and I don't think he needs my help. But I am sure he's a horrible person to be around, which seems to be backed up from most accounts. I'm pretty sure I will never pay to see him or buy any of his music again.

the short version: His statements and recent actions have spoiled my enjoyment of his music whereas I used to keep them separate.

The Fine Print first...
I was minding my business, had people I didn't like on ignore, but got tired of constantly being followed. I posted a picture of my cat and someone decided to remark on it. When I replied she reported it and I was given a timeout. During that timeout, for "other reasons" still unknown, I was banned.
That means I don't see replies to my posts. I have been posting as Truth and once as Dr Phil. (If you think I am other people you're probably mistaken.)

So it's hard to keep up if I don't check right away. But I don't think this "you were being called out by Uncleskinny and he challenged you 7 or 8 times and you didn’t delver ANY substance about all your supposed knowledge and “so-called” truths about Moz" happened. If you want to post the links you think were me and challenges I ignored in "Off Topic" I'll look and reply later.

About being "nice," that can be a good thing but there can also be a bit of fascism to it. It's fine for you to be nice, but it feels like you want everyone to be "nice."
For your question, I used to separate the music from the person. Over the past few years, because I'm a slow learner, I figured out that the person is a silly troll who will say anything to cause outrage and get attention. But this time, with the victim-blaming he went too far. Looking back the comments on the Norwegian massacre should have been enough. And why is it "nothing" when those students were killed but the Manchester bombing is something that deeply affects him, and only him? Could it be because Breivik was a right-wing extremist but the Manchester killer was Islamic?
I would not pay to see him again and I haven't listened to the new record. I am not going to say I detest him because that's too dramatic, and I'm not trying to "expose him." He's doing a fine job of destroying his own career and I don't think he needs my help. But I am sure he's a horrible person to be around, which seems to be backed up from most accounts. I'm pretty sure I will never pay to see him or buy any of his music again.

the short version: His statements and recent actions have spoiled my enjoyment of his music whereas I used to keep them separate.

Okay, thanks for replying.
I am just some totally random Moz-fan and I don’t know him personally and I don’t need to nor have that urge to do so.

I guess I still am able to make a distinction between the artist and the person which is quite easy cause I don’t know him personally.

I know I said if there ever was a case of the artist and the person not separable it is Moz. He said so himself too.
They’re both the same thing.

But that is from his personal viewpoint and I know, can only know. the artist by his music and live concerts.

That is more than enough for me, because the music is primary and all the rest secondary, interesting but secondary.

I really do love Worldpeace and Low In Highschool and think they are both very underestimated.

He is at his artistic prime on Low in Highschool. Daring, challenging and again musically and contentwise different and searching for new directions.

Don’t understand why you think there is a link between being nice, or even attempting to be nice and fascism.

I didn’t say I was always nice. I said I tend to be diplomatic initially as a form of respect for any other human being, person or individual as I don’t think I am better or morally superior.

The notion you can only enjoy artists when you know they are personally and morally completely in line with your own views is strange to be.

Sinatra wasn’t that nice as a person as far as I know. But I still enjoy his music.

A great painter like Carravagio was a villain, a crook and a murderer.

Goya was a very unpleasant man to other people and caused them pain and suffering. He truly was a misanthrope. His paintings are still unbelievable magic and beautiful.

Well said. I like old Lou's music too, though Lulu is hard work, Morrissey has never made one album that is unlistenable like Metal Machine Music. His detractors attack his outpourings without even listening probably, and so what if you don't like his politics, why should he have the same as every other pop music puppet?

Hey, please take care. One person loved Metal Machine Music !

But you are right about LISTENING. I find that this is the best thing to do...... people should try it. Journalists could try it. But they won't, because they just don't get it. They are living on a diet of drum and bass, or drum and no bass. Or bass and no drum. Tone Deaf too (usually.)

Hazard
x

The notion you can only enjoy artists when you know they are personally and morally completely in line with your own views is strange to be.
Not what I said. You asked me if I enjoy his music and I told you why I don't. "Completely in line" is "strange" because you made it up.
Caravaggio is a historic figure. He may have been a murderer. He was in a fight and someone died. Who really knows what happened at this point? He isn't a convicted murderer, and even if he was it wouldn't affect his paintings hundreds of years later. If this site is still here in 400 years people probably won't be talking about Der Spiegel.
I explained a couple of times in detail why Morrissey's victim-blaming was the final straw, but really the comments about Norway, the "subspecies" comment, and other comments would be enough. He's a f***ing idiot and he has people that listen to what he says. What really makes me angry is that someone who is already victimized will see his comments and not tell what happened to them, feel it was their fault, or be ashamed, and with his comments this month, not in the 15th Century, he hurts people who have already been hurt.
He also gives a voice to those who would dismiss victims.

Don’t understand why you think there is a link between being nice, or even attempting to be nice and fascism.
Because in attempting to make him "nice" his statements have to be denied or "interpreted" and everyone has to agree that he really didn't mean the latest stupid thing he appears to have said, on what seems like a weekly basis.

LIHS is at #93 this week in it's 5th week. Impressive considering the flood of Christmas entries. A new single in January could revive the commercial prospects. "Home Is A Question Mark" would be my pick.

LIHS is at #93 this week in it's 5th week. Impressive considering the flood of Christmas entries. A new single in January could revive the commercial prospects. "Home Is A Question Mark" would be my pick.
Still in the top 100? Oh @BrummieBoy s'up baby?
received_10157093007370131.jpeg

Christmas #1 vinyl single:
Who'd have thought!? :)

20171223_193941.png

20171223_194005.png

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom