It's offical; Blur are back together!

Maurice E

Damon and Graham back together on the cover of tomorrow's NME. Ahh, how sweet!
http://www.nme.com/magazine
As we all know, Blur are easily the best band since the Smiths, so this really is wonderful news.
There are rumours of a huge Hyde Park show next summer. Bring it on!

As happy as I am about this, Suede circa 93/94 > Blur's entire back catalogue.

Fact.

It's just been announced, the reformed Blur (including Graham) are to play Hyde Park on Friday 3rd of July!!!:guitar:
Oh, and Blur piss all over any era Suede, sorry!!

Yay! I wanted this, I got this. As long as there's never a Legends of Britpop package tour, I'm fine with it.

I'm voting for Suede. I dug out my Dog Man Star cd Friday night and enjoyed every minute of it.

But next doors cat looked pleased when I opened the window and shouted the news about Blur. Thats Cats for you!

So this seems to be turning into a Blur V's Suede thread, Suede's Dog Man Star i love..i do enjoy snippets of Blur but i don't have a particular favourite album.

Least we get spared Graham Coxon's solo stuff for a bit, the guitars are fine but the singing ain't.

Least we get spared Graham Coxon's solo stuff for a bit, the guitars are fine but the singing ain't.

So true. I tried listening to his solo albums the other day and I think not only the singing is horrid, but the guitars, while technically sound, are rather predictable and sound like a lot of alt-riffing. He needs Albarn more than vice versa.

heard about this?
http://www.nme.com/news/blur/41563
it's a great song.
will be intriguing to hear whether they play any Think Tank material as Coxon didn't feature on the recordings apart from 'Ballad for the Good Times'...

I assume you mean Battery In Your Leg, though in hindsight, Ballad for the Good Times would have made an equably serviceable title.

One thing I learned from your link, which lead me to several other links, is that Pete Doherty has become a fat bastard. Hopefully that means he's off the junk and filling the space/cravings/ with greasy food instead of greasy needles/lines.

The thing about Blur is that most songs I hear by them I really like, but I cannot forgive them for being at the forefront of so much rubbish music in the mid-90s.

I could listen to Leisure all day, mind you.

"I know that you think I'm a foooooool...."

The thing about Blur is that most songs I hear by them I really like, but I cannot forgive them for being at the forefront of so much rubbish music in the mid-90s.

I could listen to Leisure all day, mind you.

"I know that you think I'm a foooooool...."

Leisure is a lame Stone Roses impression. Some decent songs but hardly the pinnacle of their musical output.

They grew with pretty much every album save for The Great Escape which is Parklife Lite, though it still has some good music on it, and certainly eclipsed Leisure with each subsequent release. But to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom