It’s not about politics

"A study of 1,000 adverts shown in the UK over two months found 37 per cent featured black people, though they make up about 3 per cent of the British population."

This tallies almost precisely with my findings from yesterday evening that 36% of the people featured during the two ad breaks that I watched were black. Interesting :unsure:
I know I'm the 'Demographics Tally Guy' but even I didn't expect my findings from that small sample to be so accurate.
(Countdown to Radis rubbishing the whole thing because the above link is from the Daily Mail. :rolleyes:)
I've found one problem already:
"A study of 1,000 adverts shown in the UK over two months found 37 per cent featured black people, though they make up about 3 per cent of the British population."
Why is the story comparing number of adverts featuring black people with the number of black people in the population? The comparison is almost meaningless. A more meaningful stat would be the number of black people featuring in ads as a proportion of the number of people in total featuring in the ads. Comparing this number with the '3 per cent of the population' stat would be more useful.

There's a similar problem with this:
"The same study also found just 3 per cent of surveyed adverts feature members of the LGBT community, which makes up around 6 per cent of the UK population."
Again, it's a meaningless comparison.

It turned out to be a fairly short, uninteresting, and not very helpful article. I'd like a link to the report but of course this is the Daily Mail. I'd like some kind of indication as to who is criticising the BAME representation but no, this is the Daily Mail. Whatever, it doesn't really prove anything that @reelfountain is claiming, other than there may be more BAME people in adverts these days than in the past.

I believe it is an anti white psy op - and to say there's a few more blacks in the media now is immaterial. The modern ad industry was invented by and is still largely owned by Jews. This is their revenge on the white European man who marginalised (and even expelled) them for hundreds of years.

That is my conclusion - feel free to disagree, but don't lecture me with sanctimonious wokisms about "innate racism" etc because that just bores me.
So, you think that Jewish people (collectively and monolithically, as always) use the advertising industry to exact revenge on white Europeans by inserting black families into a whopping 37% of the commercials "they" run on television. And you'd like to preach this without being called racist. Sometimes I don't think you realize how funny you actually are.

The problem with this "psyop" is that it only works if its victims are innately offended by the very sight of a black person, which most people are not. That would be your issue, you oppression fantasy. I could sit on my couch and watch television for hours and be inundated with advertisements featuring nothing but black and hispanic families and it wouldn't weaken or dismantle my "sense of whiteness" one iota. Why? Because I'm not racist and I'm not an idiot. Two traits that unfortunately serve as the foundation for your entire identity.

It doesn't tally with my findings, unscientific as they are. Perhaps I don't watch the right channels. I am of course delighted that BAME under-representation in the media is finally being addressed. I wonder though, if you analysed adverts from over the past forty years, just how low BAME representation would be over that time? Not anywhere near 3% I'd guess. Still, if the advertising industry is now addressing that imbalance through over-representing BAME people then that's a good thing so far as I am concerned.
I will check out the linked story later. What I've learned about Daily Mail stories is that the headline often makes claims that the accompanying story can't substantiate but we'll see.

They were probably represented accurately 20 years ago. From the 53 people that I saw in the advertisements yesterday evening, two of them should have been black for them to have been represented accurately considering their percentage of the population, not 19. And it would have been less 20 years ago, when they were maybe 1.5% of the population and one out of every 53 people shown in those adverts being black would have been accurate representation, rather than two. You just make things up as you go along as much as reelfountain does. There wasn't exactly a dearth of black people on British tv even twenty years ago; John Fashanu on Gladiators, Craig Charles, Lenny Henry, Ainsley Harriott, Richard Blackwood, Trevor McDonald, the talk show host Trisha, Mr. Motivator on GMTV, June Sarpong, the Trueman family on Eastenders all come to mind off the top of my head and I didn't even watch a lot of British television back then. There were plenty of other black footballers, pop stars, and children's tv presenters too. Go and watch the advertisements all day tomorrow and you likely won't see one south-east Asian face and nobody's crying crocodile tears over that.

🤒

WTF??:rage:
Didnt you post 5 min ago that HALF this forum lived monolithically inside the brain of some nerds?

what a loon group we have, jobless broke mensa members. 🤒
they are off in their science by a MAGNITUDE OF 14 FFS but continue to make lectures incredible:blushing:

They were probably represented accurately 20 years ago. From the 53 people that I saw in the advertisements yesterday evening, two of them should have been black for them to have been represented accurately considering their percentage of the population, not 19. And it would have been less 20 years ago, when they were maybe 1.5% of the population and one out of every 53 people shown in those adverts being black would have been accurate representation, rather than two. You just make things up as you go along as much as reelfountain does. There wasn't exactly a dearth of black people on British tv even twenty years ago; John Fashanu on Gladiators, Craig Charles, Lenny Henry, Ainsley Harriott, Richard Blackwood, Trevor McDonald, the talk show host Trisha, Mr. Motivator on GMTV, June Sarpong, the Trueman family on Eastenders all come to mind off the top of my head and I didn't even watch a lot of British television back then. There were plenty of other black footballers, pop stars, and children's tv presenters too. Go and watch the advertisements all day tomorrow and you likely won't see one south-east Asian face and nobody's crying crocodile tears over that.
Trouble is, it's hard to have 3% black people people in your advert unless there are at least 34 people in it. So there's a certain amount of rounding up, which means that in many ads, black people will be over-represented. But as I said, I don't care. And the great thing is that it really annoys racists so as far as I'm concerned, it's a win-win situation.

"Grandpa, what did you do during the Great Race War to preserve our precious white heritage?"

"Well, sonny boy! I was on the front lines! I sat down on my couch and counted up all the black people on television during a commercial break, did a little arithmetic in my head, then went running to a Morrissey fan forum to whine about the over-representation that I idiotically conflated with a nefarious scheme to demoralize muh people!"

Trouble is, it's hard to have 3% black people people in your advert unless there are at least 34 people in it. So there's a certain amount of rounding up, which means that in many ads, black people will be over-represented. But as I said, I don't care. And the great thing is that it really annoys racists so as far as I'm concerned, it's a win-win situation.

And the fact that I'm a gigantic, massive racist of truly epic proportions really annoys you and Verso so that's a win-win as well in my book. And I'm about 30 years younger than you so I'll still be on this earth, being a racist swine, long after you pop your clogs. It's a beautiful thing.

Enough is too much. #ForBritain

"Grandpa, what did you do during the Great Race War to preserve our precious white heritage?"

"Well, sonny boy! I was on the front lines! I sat down on my couch and counted up all the black people on television during a commercial break, did a little arithmetic in my head, then went running to a Morrissey fan forum to whine about the over-representation that I idiotically conflated with a nefarious scheme to demoralize muh people!"

In the words of Stephen Hoffman: "yere..... how original. Not."
You display no originality so I won't either where you're concerned. From now on my replies to you will just be copied and pasted Stephen Hoffman posts.

In the words of Stephen Hoffman: "yere..... how original. Not."
You display no originality so I won't either where you're concerned. From now on my replies to you will just be copied and pasted Stephen Hoffman posts.
For someone who doesn’t care about my dull and unoriginal posts, you sure do sprint to reply to them every chance you get.

It makes no financial sense having such a disproportionate amount of blacks in advertising in a mostly white country. It is political and the companies have their hands tied - if they complain they will be outed as a racist company.

I believe it is an anti white psy op - and to say there's a few more blacks in the media now is immaterial. The modern ad industry was invented by and is still largely owned by Jews. This is their revenge on the white European man who marginalised (and even expelled) them for hundreds of years.

That is my conclusion - feel free to disagree, but don't lecture me with sanctimonious wokisms about "innate racism" etc because that just bores me.
A lot of people would agree with you and Morrissey. The sanctimonious wokes fail to recognise the good things Nazis fought for. Yes they made mistakes. Who hasn't? The same people fail to highlight the great achievements Morrissey has accomplished. Just because you may not agree with how Morrissey thinks doesn't make his opinions wrong. He is entitled to have made the off mistake as anyone. He is human and needs to be loved.

Wait, what, you are thirteen? So I was right after all?

You said something yesterday in another thread about taking every vaccine that has been made available in Britain over the past 60 years and you haven't experienced any side effects yet (supposedly, but I'm sure a few of us would question that after reading your posts :rolleyes:). The '60 years' remark is why rifke referred to you as a geriatric. Now you're saying you're 43? Maybe try to be clearer with your language next time, pal, to avoid these misunderstandings, although I know you're trying your best :thumb:

For someone who doesn’t care about my dull and unoriginal posts, you sure do sprint to reply to them every chance you get.

Yere....... Muslim loving cuck... you get pegged by ur wife while she wears a turban......

And the fact that I'm a gigantic, massive racist of truly epic proportions really annoys you and Verso so that's a win-win as well in my book. And I'm about 30 years younger than you so I'll still be on this earth, being a racist swine, long after you pop your clogs. It's a beautiful thing.
This is the word of the Moz. May you live in perpetual enlightenment.

I never heard of any of those people. I guess they're #FamousInEngland
But it's pretty obvious why #WhitePeople are not equally represented in sports or contemporary music.

Also, I'm not sure why reelfountain didn't think of this but maybe the advertisements are accurate and it's the census numbers that are lies. #YouKnowWho is behind both of these.

We've had enough of you. Is there any chance we could convince you to emigrate?
This "we" must be the Clown Stooges Extraordinaire acts of Velcro (head clown), Nerak (on Skinny), ringmaster "Surface," Itchy Radish (shot out of cannon), side project FC (still in back of truck), and other trolls of uncanny Skinny ability rushing to their emergency board meeting to down vote anyone outside their inner circle.

proxy-image

Andale, Andale, the Clowns Extraordinaire must rush to Bangladesh for their next meeting!
proxy-image

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom