Is it really so strange.

Only available studio version is 17th December 1986 Peel Session recording (B-side of Sheila Take A Bow, Louder Than Bombs).

Didn't no that love that song assumed it was a standard studio recording thanks Kewpie.

I say no, you say yes.

Validemail --- Maida Vale mmmmmmmmm?

You will find the Maida Vale (Studio 4) recording on Louder than Bombs. It was recorded on 2nd December 1986 and first transmitted a few weeks later on the 17th December. The session (produced by John Porter) also included London, Half a Person & Sweer and Tender Hooligan.

Last edited:
Was "Is It Really So Strange" ever recorded and released? I can only find live versions.

Besides the Peel session others have mentioned here (which you'll find on Louder Than Bombs I'm sure you own a copy), the band recorded a proper version but they were not happy with it and they never released it.

The studio version is not very different to the released one. Just a few different lyrics which you'll find in the lyrics section of "Passions Just Like Mine".

Stephane

You guys are amazing!

Brel! I like your interpretation of my user name. That's some mind power you've got there.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom