Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

I was trying to think of any possible benefits that could result from this unnecessary lockdown. It may be that people have learned to value their freedom more and we'll get more people out and about in the pubs and bars at the weekends like it used to be in the 80s and 90s after it's all over.
There's also the benefit that fewer people catch COVID19 and die from it but I'm guessing that your compassion for other people doesn't extend much beyond the end of whatever bottle you happen to be swigging from at any given moment.

I was trying to think of any possible benefits that could result from this unnecessary lockdown. It may be that people have learned to value their freedom more and we'll get more people out and about in the pubs and bars at the weekends like it used to be in the 80s and 90s after it's all over.
Well, I fully expect 20-30% of pubs to stay closed forever. In Ashton-under-Lyne and Stalybridge (Staly Vegas) the police have already closed most public houses—through their interventions in the late 90s. The cinemas inevitably closed down soon after. The places are returning to slums, basically—sustained by McDonalds and low quality curries. The lockdown will finish these towns off. And people will be paid millions for ‘recovery plans’ which simply drain the poor of what they haven’t got and deliver nothing.

If only Dale. More likely that one’s Covid passport will need to be scanned on entry to venues, and one’s movements around town will be a matter of state concern: killing good times forever.

However, this itself will likely bring joy to millions of minions, as they identify with the will of the state—and perceive themselves as effective. Some lowly minions will continue to share their excitement about the increase in state control here.

However, this itself will likely bring joy to millions of minions, as they identify with the will of the state—and perceive themselves as effective. Some lowly minions will continue to share their excitement about the increase in state control here.

It’s good to be controlled. That means, it leaves us with less thinking that we would normally have to do on our own. How can that be seen at as a bad thing?

:p

Bro, I'm just trying to help you out. You're clearly hurting and that hurts me, too. It's okay to just be a bimbo. Loll around taking selfies and enjoy that.

FC arent you a bit too old to be using "Bro"? its embarrassing for a 63 yr old to use teenager woke language 🤒
FC making psycho babble car wrecks is not considered 'helping' FFS, :mad:

Basically what the hamster wants us to believe is that governments should have said, "sorry citizens, but we are going to let you all die in huge numbers so that we can save the lives of unknown numbers of unknown people in other countries at some unknown point in the future," rather than taking the rather obvious steps to minimise the spread of COVID19 that most of them have. It is an argument that is politically, economically, and epidemiologically ludicrous.
Define 'huge numbers' There are countries that haven't locked down that haven't had deaths in huge numbers.

If only Dale. More likely that one’s Covid passport will need to be scanned on entry to venues, and one’s movements around town will be a matter of state concern: killing good times forever.

You must be disappointed that reelfountain isn't here anymore, one less "critical thinker" in the mix to cheer on the oppression fantasies of the fatalistic and retarded.

You must be disappointed that reelfountain isn't here anymore, one less "critical thinker" in the mix to cheer on the oppression fantasies of the fatalistic and retarded.
You wouldn’t know oppression, if it meant being locked down in your own home for 12 months. That’s because you and the hegemony are absolutely identical. It is you, you are it. Cause and effect are seamless in Verso.

Anyway, welcome back. Is your television faulty?

Last edited by a moderator:
You wouldn’t know oppression, if it meant being lockdown in your own home for 12 months. That’s because you and the hegemony are absolutely identical. It is you, you are it. Cause and effect are seamless in Verso.

Anyway, welcome back. Is your television faulty?
It's hysterical to me when a self-assured clown like yourself makes these declarative statements that are so wildly off-base. What a renegade you are for dismissing the "hegemony" that you can scarcely identify in the first place.

It's hysterical to me when a self-assured clown like yourself makes these declarative statements that are so wildly off-base. What a renegade you are for dismissing the "hegemony" that you can scarcely identify in the first place.
It is for sure a rare kind of idiot who believes he’s experiencing the free world in the moment of effective martial law. You’ll go a long way Verso. A long way. Keep flashing those ankles; you never know who is watching!

It is for sure a rare kind of idiot who believes he’s experiencing the free world in the moment of effective martial law. You’ll go a long way Verso. A long way. Keep flashing those ankles; you never know who is watching!
Yawn. Putting words in my mouth as you reductively assess a situation that you clearly don't understand. Time to hang it up, old man.

Yawn. Putting words in my mouth as you reductively assess a situation that you clearly don't understand. Time to hang it up, old man.
You are awful... but I like you.

It’s coming up to midnight, that means bed for this old timer. And the news on the Radio for you. I don’t have to listen, as I can get it verbatim from yourself tomorrow. And the day after. And the day after that...

You are awful... but I like you.

It’s coming up to midnight, that means bed for this old timer. And the news on the Radio for you. I don’t have to listen, as I can get it verbatim from yourself tomorrow. And the day after. And the day after that...
Huh, you must be mistaking me for someone that has ever once done such a thing. I understand that the mental faculties begin to lapse when the only thing you’re living for is the umpteenth reunion show for the decrepitly nostalgic, but try to keep up. I won’t always be around to help you figure out what exactly it is you’re trying (and failing) to say.

Huh, you must be mistaking me for someone that has ever once done such a thing. I understand that the mental faculties begin to lapse when the only thing you’re living for is the umpteenth reunion show for the decrepitly nostalgic, but try to keep up. I won’t always be around to help you figure out what exactly it is you’re trying (and failing) to say.
I hear you were acquainted once. Time to grow a set, and revisit an old friend...

It's funny because I was feeling exactly the same about Captain Tom's 'song' A crock of shit. He apparently had a 'private' funeral. The one with the military fly past and the cameras
There will soon be a clamour to get his features on a £10 note. Ironic really.

You're no hero because you manage to live to a hundred and do a few laps of your lawn. It wasn't even 'laps' he was doing. Just straight up and down. The 'legacy' Captain Tom has left for us is that he's now set a precedent for the NHS to be funded by charity donations rather than the national insurance contributions and taxes we pay. 'Captain Tom' didn't raise all that money for the NHS. It was people on social media who did it. And now the whole covid fiasco has been put on a war footing because 'Captain Tom' walked up and down his garden once or twice. His comrades must be turning in their graves.
Yes, it made many people cringe Dale. And for the reasons you’ve mentioned. Far be it from me to deny a fellow old-timer his daily stroll up and down the drive way, but it was all rather sentimental and silly. And the theatrics at the end did seem to recall the more gauche and grotesque aspects of Diana’s send-off.

Have you any idea how much a 'military fly by' costs? It runs into hundreds of thousands. Money that could have been used elsewhere. 'Captain' Tom did nothing other than walk up and down his back garden a few times. It was social media and the general public that raised all the extra cash for the NHS, not 'Captain' Tom. His comrades must be turning in their graves. It doesn't wash with me 'Captain' Tom when I've been chucked off a park bench while looking at photographs of my friends Navy days by policemen. Treated like a common criminal for sitting in the park I've sat in for 34 years. I've been locked up for a year now. I'd have been angry enough if I'd been locked up for just one day, never mind a whole year. I have every right to say how I feel. I can't come out of my own home without a pass because I live above a shopping centre that is currently closed to the public and have to show my pass to the security men. I can't use the lift to my flat if there is someone else in it. I have an hours lunch break between answering webchat calls and Im being timed the moment I knock off for lunch. They can see everything I'm doing on the computer. I have to have an hours lunch break to stretch my legs and walk around the Forest. It's taking me ten minutes just to enter and exit my own home through security. Then you get some twat on the dole not wanting to share the lift with you when all you want to do is get back to your flat and start your afternoon shift.
“This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.”

Back
Top Bottom