Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

3100 yesterday 441000 dead total over the year and one month. 90000 in Jan alone. Infection numbers have been going down a bit but the death rates are still high so we’ll have to wait to see if it’s real or a statistical illusion
You'll have to wait until the media reports on it is what you mean. We all know YOU won't be figuring anything out. You TOO DUMM, fridgehead!

I’ll let the cooler heads prevail here. That does remind me though of a post I forgot to put up yesterday

3400 dead yesterday for a total of 447000.

My mother is part of our health department and gives out vaccines and does tracing and education and it’s been interesting to see it. her stories about trying to get the rollout and shots moving is countered every time she tells a story about what it’s like to quickly vaccinate the over seventy five crowd many of whom move very slowly are often blind or deaf etc and don’t use the internet. Ours is going fairly smoothly though. She does get to kick out people who try and skip the line. It’s a small community so when she saw a guy she knew who for sure wasn’t eligible but talked his way to the shot chair got promptly ejected. The VA however where my aunt is giving shots has been a nightmare of a muddle.

3400 dead yesterday for a total of 447000.

My mother is part of our health department and gives out vaccines and does tracing and education and it’s been interesting to see it. her stories about trying to get the rollout and shots moving is countered every time she tells a story about what it’s like to quickly vaccinate the over seventy five crowd many of whom move very slowly are often blind or deaf etc and don’t use the internet. Ours is going fairly smoothly though. She does get to kick out people who try and skip the line. It’s a small community so when she saw a guy she knew who for sure wasn’t eligible but talked his way to the shot chair got promptly ejected. The VA however where my aunt is giving shots has been a nightmare of a muddle.
:rolleyes:
and Im Inigo Jones:lbf:

It's so serious that it literally obliterated the flu and caused about the same number of deaths!

It didn't - less people got the flu because of social distancing, hand sanitizer & because they got the flu vaccine, but more people have died of Covid even compared to the 5 year average for flu.

It didn't - less people got the flu because of social distancing, hand sanitizer & because they got the flu vaccine, but more people have died of Covid even compared to the 5 year average for flu.

Right, it makes sense that the flu almost totally disappeared because of such measures but COVID didn't.

Subtract all of the people who died of heart attacks, cancer, automobile accidents, etc. but also tested positive for COVID from "COVID deaths" first because—guess what?—they're being included in the totals. If you are murdered with a sledgehammer but tested positive for COVID, that is being called a "COVID death." I could be wrong, but I don't think that was ever happening when it came to seasonal flu deaths both in terms of testing and classification after the fact.

Right, it makes sense that the flu almost totally disappeared because of such measures but COVID didn't.

Subtract all of the people who died of heart attacks, cancer, automobile accidents, etc. but also tested positive for COVID from "COVID deaths" first because—guess what?—they're being included in the totals. If you are murdered with a sledgehammer but tested positive for COVID, that is being called a "COVID death." I could be wrong, but I don't think that was ever happening when it came to seasonal flu deaths both in terms of testing and classification after the fact.

The flu vaccine already existed - manufacturing the Covid vaccine & rolling it out is taking time.

The only deaths being included in the totals are deaths that were caused by covid or by the complications caused by covid; pneumonia, blood clots etc.

Flu also causes pneumonia.

Lol knew someone was going to say that

5100 plus yester for a total of 456000

deaths still seem consistently high. I know in Dorchester county in Maryland they’ve cut back testing to once a week as the same health department staff giving vaccines are the ones who are testing and they just don’t have the resources to do both. My wife managed to get her uncle vaccinated who has throat cancer at the va to the relief of all of us so that was yesterday’s accomplishment

This is a lengthy piece but the scientist involved does have a background in viruses, so basically not Alex Jones and does quote actual CDC data. I'm going to try and dig into this and find some counter points. Also posted a second quick tweet from another MDS, on what he believes is misreporting about Covid.

I guess my point is the mainstream narrative is the 'science is settled' around this stuff and it simply isn't.

The bombshell paper is titled: “A Critical Review of CDC USA Data on Covid-19: PCR/Antigen Tests & Cases Reveal Herd Immunity Only, & Do Not Warrant Public Hysteria or Lockdown.” It was posted on two of his academic webpages on 16 Jan 2021. The links are here and here.

In it, Dr. James DeMeo, Ph.D., demolishes the central premise of global lock-down policies. That people are dying in massive and alarming numbers from a novel disease. He’d been waiting for the final statistics to come in for 2020. When they did, he noticed two spectacularly odd things: Firstly, if one subtracted the numbers of Covid deaths (around 315,000) from the total number of people who died from all causes in 2020 (around 2.9 million), one obtained a dramatically low number of total deaths, lower than in any year since 2014. It appeared to him that the reported number of “Covid” deaths were being re-defined and subtracted from other causes of deaths; the people who died of “co-morbidities” were being shifted over into the Covid category. Secondly, on January 3rd, the CDC released its year-end final week count of all-cause deaths in one dramatically high number—268,259 to be exact.

These deaths did not appear anywhere in the CDC’s records previously but turn up as a “data dump” in the very first days of 2021, as though there had been some catastrophic event or mass die-off of older Americans in a single week. In a very unsettling way, it echoed the middle of the night miraculous Joe Biden lead over Donald Trump between Nov 3 and 4, 2020.

“I have never seen anything like it,” said Dr. DeMeo, when I reached him at home to discuss his paper, which a mutual friend had brought to my attention.

“It’s extremely odd. The only thing I can compare it to is when people in the Nuclear Regulatory Commission were trying to cover up large radiation discharges from nuclear power plants. They took the radiation levels and put a “0.” They were stupid; they didn’t realize, background radiation never goes to zero.”

But where might those deaths have come from? I pressed.

“I could not tell you,” DeMeo replied. “The end of year data I used was the CDC’s data as of Dec 26, and that was a figure of 2 million 900,000 deaths from all causes with 301,679 deaths from Covid. I went to Our World In Data—they have a dynamic, interactive graph. You can hold your mouse over any part of the graph, and it will show you the numbers. That’s how I got my numbers. It did not have this massive data dump. There was nothing like that.”

“I cannot know what the heck happened. Why would they dump so many all-cause deaths on that last week? There was no atom bomb going off, in Miami or some other place where a lot of old people live, to kill that many people at the tail end of December. I tried calling the AP reporter who first came out with an article around Christmas where he said there would be 3-3.2 million deaths in the US—he made it sound like most would be from Covid.”

The Dec 22, 2020 article Dr. DeMeo refers to was written by Mike Stobbe in AP. It opens:

“This is the deadliest year in U.S. history, with deaths expected to top 3 million for the first time—due mainly to the coronavirus pandemic. Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months. But preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019.”

DeMeo remarks:

“When people hear “cases in the millions” They start thinking of people who are dying and on the way to death or who have already died, and it’s not true, but they’re not even trying to clarify that to the public. They’re very deliberately sending people into a panic. It’s irresponsible as hell.”

DeMeo says he sent Stobbe an email, asking him what statistics he was referencing.

“I didn’t get a response.”

DeMeo is well equipped to deconstruct Covid statistics if that word even applies anymore.

“I’m a geographer and an atmospheric scientist by training; we work with data sets of all different kinds. Moisture, humidity, barometric pressure, and so on. Agriculture and human health, Climate factors around the world. I have a background in epidemiology, and I used to teach university courses covering epidemiology and population dynamics. So I’m used to looking at those kinds of numbers, and they just didn’t make any sense. So that’s how it all got uncovered.”

The mutual friend who brought the paper to my attention was Tom DiFerdinando, who’s worked closely with Dr. DeMeo on various research projects for many years, and has a long history deconstructing medical tyranny. DiFerdinando is the President of a Non-Profit called ‘Unmasking Covid and AIDS’, formerly known as Rethinking AIDS, a think-tank established in the 1990’s to counter the deceptions in HIV/AIDS science. His email, clarifying the “trick,” put it like this:

“If there were 315,507 excess deaths due to Covid-19, why is the difference in all-cause deaths between the end of 2020 and the end of 2019 only 61,654? That’s 61,654 more all-cause deaths in 2020 than in 2019, where the increase in all-cause deaths over each of the past ten years has averaged 44,806. That’s a difference of 16,848 from the median in a year with an alleged 315,507 extra Covid-related deaths.

When you subtract the alleged 2020 Covid death total from the all-cause 2020 death total, i.e., 2,916,492 – 315,507, you get 2,600,985.

That figure, 2,600,985, is less than the all-cause death counts each year going back to 2014! That means the total death count for all fatal diseases and accidents in 2020, excluding Covid-19, dropped mysteriously and substantially—right about to the same degree that Covid-19 went up. For the Covid deaths to be genuinely new “excess” deaths, that all-cause total of 2.9 million—which already includes “Covid-19” deaths—should be something like 3.2 million, with an annual increase in 2020 of at least 360,000 deaths, not 61,000.

What these two points mean, of course, is that the 315,507 Covid death count does not represent Covid deaths but a displacement of deaths from other causes.

In his January 7 postscript, DeMeo catches the CDC red-handed. Earlier in the paper, he points out, as I did above, that there are nearly 300,000 missing deaths in the all-cause category for the numbers to pan out. On that day, Jan 7, he discovered the CDC had suddenly added 269,249 all-cause deaths into their end of year all-cause death totals!

Evidently, 269,249 people suddenly died in the last week of 2020. How convenient for the Covid narrative!”

In a phone interview, DiFerdinando elaborated:

“Without those added deaths, there would be no evidence of a Covid pandemic,” he said. ”This triangulation of facts: essentially no excess deaths beyond the normal annual background count; absolutely NO relationship between Covid “confirmed” cases and Covid “confirmed” deaths; and the mysterious, last-minute dump of 268,259 all-cause deaths into the 2020 end-of-year all-cause death totals; completely demolish any pretext of there having been a 2020 viral pandemic, whether caused by a novel coronavirus or by anything else and that therefore there is no rational reason to be putting masks on children, isolating elders, destroying businesses, locking down populations or shattering the public trust.”

Says Dr. DeMeo:

“The people who are dying of so-called Covid, it’s all happening in the wintertime. So, all this correlates with the idea that this is a big error, a big mistake. Maybe with nefarious motivations. You don’t even have to reference why to understand that it is indeed a falsehood, the whole construct of a Covid pandemic. The numbers do not lie; the numbers tell the story. Where are the massive, massive numbers of people dying, which you would correlate with positive PCR and antigen tests, which is what you would expect to happen. People who are dying of old age diseases, they’re re-defining them as Covid 19, but the symptomatology is so exactly similar to influenza and other lung diseases.”

It comes down to a truly devastating assault of PSYOP by media and a fast-growing class of super-predators; Covid careerists. We must have our lives destroyed because they must assert and enrich themselves.

“I would not trust anything I read in the American newspapers or media, Johns Hopkins, CDC, WHO—all untrustworthy,” says DeMeo. “Where are they coming up with 400,000 deaths?” He continues. “They’re talking about approximately 318,000 people who died as of Jan 2. Where are they coming up with another 82,000 dead within a few days? I don’t think so. This is data magic.”

One of the most astonishing features of “Covid 19” is that nobody can quite define what it is or why it is so spectacular as to force almost the entire world into lock-down.

“I think what we’re dealing with absolutely is a confusion of ordinary lung and heart diseases that take out a lot of old people as they approach the end of their lives,” says DeMeo. “And it’s being redefined in very ugly ways.

“What’s going on with influenza statistics? They’ve gone down to a very low number, the figure I found was 0.2%. Two-tenths of one percent, when at this time of year, we should be having something between 5 and 20 percent. In terms of the number of influenza deaths, that happens every winter. The numbers they are throwing out make no sense whatsoever.”

This is a lengthy piece but the scientist involved does have a background in viruses, so basically not Alex Jones and does quote actual CDC data. I'm going to try and dig into this and find some counter points. Also posted a second quick tweet from another MDS, on what he believes is misreporting about Covid.

I guess my point is the mainstream narrative is the 'science is settled' around this stuff and it simply isn't.

The bombshell paper is titled: “A Critical Review of CDC USA Data on Covid-19: PCR/Antigen Tests & Cases Reveal Herd Immunity Only, & Do Not Warrant Public Hysteria or Lockdown.” It was posted on two of his academic webpages on 16 Jan 2021. The links are here and here.

In it, Dr. James DeMeo, Ph.D., demolishes the central premise of global lock-down policies. That people are dying in massive and alarming numbers from a novel disease. He’d been waiting for the final statistics to come in for 2020. When they did, he noticed two spectacularly odd things: Firstly, if one subtracted the numbers of Covid deaths (around 315,000) from the total number of people who died from all causes in 2020 (around 2.9 million), one obtained a dramatically low number of total deaths, lower than in any year since 2014. It appeared to him that the reported number of “Covid” deaths were being re-defined and subtracted from other causes of deaths; the people who died of “co-morbidities” were being shifted over into the Covid category. Secondly, on January 3rd, the CDC released its year-end final week count of all-cause deaths in one dramatically high number—268,259 to be exact.

These deaths did not appear anywhere in the CDC’s records previously but turn up as a “data dump” in the very first days of 2021, as though there had been some catastrophic event or mass die-off of older Americans in a single week. In a very unsettling way, it echoed the middle of the night miraculous Joe Biden lead over Donald Trump between Nov 3 and 4, 2020.

“I have never seen anything like it,” said Dr. DeMeo, when I reached him at home to discuss his paper, which a mutual friend had brought to my attention.

“It’s extremely odd. The only thing I can compare it to is when people in the Nuclear Regulatory Commission were trying to cover up large radiation discharges from nuclear power plants. They took the radiation levels and put a “0.” They were stupid; they didn’t realize, background radiation never goes to zero.”

But where might those deaths have come from? I pressed.

“I could not tell you,” DeMeo replied. “The end of year data I used was the CDC’s data as of Dec 26, and that was a figure of 2 million 900,000 deaths from all causes with 301,679 deaths from Covid. I went to Our World In Data—they have a dynamic, interactive graph. You can hold your mouse over any part of the graph, and it will show you the numbers. That’s how I got my numbers. It did not have this massive data dump. There was nothing like that.”

“I cannot know what the heck happened. Why would they dump so many all-cause deaths on that last week? There was no atom bomb going off, in Miami or some other place where a lot of old people live, to kill that many people at the tail end of December. I tried calling the AP reporter who first came out with an article around Christmas where he said there would be 3-3.2 million deaths in the US—he made it sound like most would be from Covid.”

The Dec 22, 2020 article Dr. DeMeo refers to was written by Mike Stobbe in AP. It opens:

“This is the deadliest year in U.S. history, with deaths expected to top 3 million for the first time—due mainly to the coronavirus pandemic. Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months. But preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019.”

DeMeo remarks:

“When people hear “cases in the millions” They start thinking of people who are dying and on the way to death or who have already died, and it’s not true, but they’re not even trying to clarify that to the public. They’re very deliberately sending people into a panic. It’s irresponsible as hell.”

DeMeo says he sent Stobbe an email, asking him what statistics he was referencing.

“I didn’t get a response.”

DeMeo is well equipped to deconstruct Covid statistics if that word even applies anymore.

“I’m a geographer and an atmospheric scientist by training; we work with data sets of all different kinds. Moisture, humidity, barometric pressure, and so on. Agriculture and human health, Climate factors around the world. I have a background in epidemiology, and I used to teach university courses covering epidemiology and population dynamics. So I’m used to looking at those kinds of numbers, and they just didn’t make any sense. So that’s how it all got uncovered.”

The mutual friend who brought the paper to my attention was Tom DiFerdinando, who’s worked closely with Dr. DeMeo on various research projects for many years, and has a long history deconstructing medical tyranny. DiFerdinando is the President of a Non-Profit called ‘Unmasking Covid and AIDS’, formerly known as Rethinking AIDS, a think-tank established in the 1990’s to counter the deceptions in HIV/AIDS science. His email, clarifying the “trick,” put it like this:

“If there were 315,507 excess deaths due to Covid-19, why is the difference in all-cause deaths between the end of 2020 and the end of 2019 only 61,654? That’s 61,654 more all-cause deaths in 2020 than in 2019, where the increase in all-cause deaths over each of the past ten years has averaged 44,806. That’s a difference of 16,848 from the median in a year with an alleged 315,507 extra Covid-related deaths.

When you subtract the alleged 2020 Covid death total from the all-cause 2020 death total, i.e., 2,916,492 – 315,507, you get 2,600,985.

That figure, 2,600,985, is less than the all-cause death counts each year going back to 2014! That means the total death count for all fatal diseases and accidents in 2020, excluding Covid-19, dropped mysteriously and substantially—right about to the same degree that Covid-19 went up. For the Covid deaths to be genuinely new “excess” deaths, that all-cause total of 2.9 million—which already includes “Covid-19” deaths—should be something like 3.2 million, with an annual increase in 2020 of at least 360,000 deaths, not 61,000.

What these two points mean, of course, is that the 315,507 Covid death count does not represent Covid deaths but a displacement of deaths from other causes.

In his January 7 postscript, DeMeo catches the CDC red-handed. Earlier in the paper, he points out, as I did above, that there are nearly 300,000 missing deaths in the all-cause category for the numbers to pan out. On that day, Jan 7, he discovered the CDC had suddenly added 269,249 all-cause deaths into their end of year all-cause death totals!

Evidently, 269,249 people suddenly died in the last week of 2020. How convenient for the Covid narrative!”

In a phone interview, DiFerdinando elaborated:

“Without those added deaths, there would be no evidence of a Covid pandemic,” he said. ”This triangulation of facts: essentially no excess deaths beyond the normal annual background count; absolutely NO relationship between Covid “confirmed” cases and Covid “confirmed” deaths; and the mysterious, last-minute dump of 268,259 all-cause deaths into the 2020 end-of-year all-cause death totals; completely demolish any pretext of there having been a 2020 viral pandemic, whether caused by a novel coronavirus or by anything else and that therefore there is no rational reason to be putting masks on children, isolating elders, destroying businesses, locking down populations or shattering the public trust.”

Says Dr. DeMeo:

“The people who are dying of so-called Covid, it’s all happening in the wintertime. So, all this correlates with the idea that this is a big error, a big mistake. Maybe with nefarious motivations. You don’t even have to reference why to understand that it is indeed a falsehood, the whole construct of a Covid pandemic. The numbers do not lie; the numbers tell the story. Where are the massive, massive numbers of people dying, which you would correlate with positive PCR and antigen tests, which is what you would expect to happen. People who are dying of old age diseases, they’re re-defining them as Covid 19, but the symptomatology is so exactly similar to influenza and other lung diseases.”

It comes down to a truly devastating assault of PSYOP by media and a fast-growing class of super-predators; Covid careerists. We must have our lives destroyed because they must assert and enrich themselves.

“I would not trust anything I read in the American newspapers or media, Johns Hopkins, CDC, WHO—all untrustworthy,” says DeMeo. “Where are they coming up with 400,000 deaths?” He continues. “They’re talking about approximately 318,000 people who died as of Jan 2. Where are they coming up with another 82,000 dead within a few days? I don’t think so. This is data magic.”

One of the most astonishing features of “Covid 19” is that nobody can quite define what it is or why it is so spectacular as to force almost the entire world into lock-down.

“I think what we’re dealing with absolutely is a confusion of ordinary lung and heart diseases that take out a lot of old people as they approach the end of their lives,” says DeMeo. “And it’s being redefined in very ugly ways.

“What’s going on with influenza statistics? They’ve gone down to a very low number, the figure I found was 0.2%. Two-tenths of one percent, when at this time of year, we should be having something between 5 and 20 percent. In terms of the number of influenza deaths, that happens every winter. The numbers they are throwing out make no sense whatsoever.”

The mainstream narrative isn't that the science is settled - they've said that it's a new situation & they're having to learn as they go along.

What they give is the best science now based on the current available data.

Whereas the alternative has already decided that it's either exaggerated or a hoax & cherry picks to support that position.

The mainstream narrative isn't that the science is settled - they've said that it's a new situation & they're having to learn as they go along.

What they give is the best science now based on the current available data.

Whereas the alternative has already decided that it's either exaggerated or a hoax & cherry picks to support that position.
Did you read the article? What parts do you disagree with, statistics-wise?

Back
Top Bottom