Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

That guy's nickname is Dum Dum so I wouldn't really get my hopes up for a productive conversation. This is all posturing so he and r**** can impress each other and LH can post graphs she doesn't understand and try to drag people into her nonstop drama.
As if I try to drag people, kicking and screaming, into my drama. No, but I offer some highlights in the form of videos, readings, painting, and conversing. As for the graph, just because I couldn't explain it to you, doesn't mean I didn't understand it well enough.

Why don’t you stick to posting stupid YouTube clips and writing essays about how not wanting any black riff raff in your neighbourhood isn’t racist. You absolute “imbicle” [sic] LOL *heart*
Okay, so "hissy fit" failed and now you're going to try "racist?"
When someone is playing very loud music under my window at 4am why do you think it matters what color their skin is? Should I go outside, ask their ethnic background and then say that it's okay based on that? That's racism.
Sorry you don't like the videos I post. :lbf:

As if I try to drag people, kicking and screaming, into my drama. No, but I offer some highlights in the form of videos, readings, painting, and conversing. As for the graph, just because I couldn't explain it to you, doesn't mean I didn't understand it well enough.
My point was more that a graph like that, and the language in the quotes you posted, are intentionally designed to appeal to the readers feelings of fear in order to sell books. They are not looking for answers. They are presenting a point of view and they're using intentionally misleading graphs to do it.
If the graph presented a clear and valid set of data you could explain it.

Okay, so "hissy fit" failed and now you're going to try "racist?"
When someone is playing very loud music under my window at 4am why do you think it matters what color their skin is? Should I go outside, ask their ethnic background and then say that it's okay based on that? That's racism.
Sorry you don't like the videos I post. :lbf:

:rolleyes:

dont act like you live in Sweden FC:lbf:

No, you've decided I am because it suits you and diverts attention away from the fact that intellectually you have very little to contribute to this conversation. Do you seriously think that your claiming moral superiority matters a hill of beans in this matter? It doesn't. How I feel about a particular group of people suffering a disease compared to any other group is utterly irrelevant and that you have decided to introduce it as yet another example of whataboutery just shows your innate vacuity.
Or have I missed the point? Where you, in fact, just trying to have a bleeding heart contest and I didn't notice? You should have said earlier on.
you have no idea what you're talking about. bun bun is 100x your superior in every possible way. he's not the type to say it, so i will.

What a truly awful human being you are.
he's absolutely reprehensible.

no, bun bun, lets not spare a thought for this dying 23 year old with a young child whose vital medical appointments were put off because of covid.

Woman, 23, told via Zoom she has terminal cancer after cancellations | Daily Mail Online

we've got old people to think about, and this isnt some kind of a bleeding heart contest!

the triggernometry lads were talking about how in every civilization throughout time it's always been that you prioritize the young. it's the natural way: when necessary, the old sacrifice themselves for the young. but in this covid scenario we see an inversion where young people are being forced to sacrifice themselves for the old. its just one of the manifold ways that this situation is grotesquely unnatural.

he's absolutely reprehensible.

no, bun bun, lets not spare a thought for this dying 23 year old with a young child whose vital medical appointments were put off because of covid.

Woman, 23, told via Zoom she has terminal cancer after cancellations | Daily Mail Online

we've got old people to think about, and this isnt some kind of a bleeding heart contest!

the triggernometry lads were talking about how in every civilization throughout time it's always been that you prioritize the young. it's the natural way: when necessary, the old sacrifice themselves for the young. but in this covid scenario we see an inversion where young people are being forced to sacrifice themselves for the old. its just one of the manifold ways that this situation is grotesquely unnatural.

I sometimes despair at the madness, I really do.

That's an interesting take about the young sacrificing themselves for the old. The thing is, all the old people I have talked to are extremely uncomfortable with this idea. They don't want to be belittled like this, they want to decide for themselves if they want to take the risk. I am in the risk group, too, but I would never demand other people put their lives on hold and make sacrifices like the ones they are currently making so I can feel safe.

I sometimes despair at the madness, I really do.

That's an interesting take about the young sacrificing themselves for the old. The thing is, all the old people I have talked to are extremely uncomfortable with this idea. They don't want to be belittled like this, they want to decide for themselves if they want to take the risk. I am in the risk group, too, but I would never demand other people put their lives on hold and make sacrifices like the ones they are currently making so I can feel safe.
Of course I knew you would think that, bun bun, you have a natural nobility and high level of consciousness which wouldn't allow you to think the entire world should arrange itself around keeping you safe (do keep safe though, bun bun!).
As for old people, I see no end of stories in the media of old people saying things like "I'd rather risk getting corona than not be able to see my family". It's true, nobody consulted old people either.

"Never mind the 75000 people who have died, here's someone who has cancer." @rifke and @12" on the slack have got to be the biggest, most histrionic pair of mathematical dimwits on the face of the planet. Clearly if it were left up to that pair of twats, they'd be happy with a death toll double what it is just so they could go down the pub and not have to wear a mask. Their contempt for the elderly is matched only by their breathtaking selfishness and vomit-inducing virtual signalling. They deserve each other.

"Never mind the 75000 people who have died, here's someone who has cancer." @rifke and @12" on the slack have got to be the biggest, most histrionic pair of mathematical dimwits on the face of the planet. Clearly if it were left up to that pair of twats, they'd be happy with a death toll double what it is just so they could go down the pub and not have to wear a mask. Their contempt for the elderly is matched only by their breathtaking selfishness and vomit-inducing virtual signalling. They deserve each other.

No, it's not "someone" who has cancer. Thousands of people are dying from the effects of lockdown - deaths that could have been prevented. Even your government's own analysis concludes that there will be tens of thousands of deaths from lockdown in the long run. Your argumentation is so piss poor, no amount of downvotes and insults will change that. Now, off you toddle.

No, it's not "someone" who has cancer. Thousands of people are dying from the effects of lockdown - deaths that could have been prevented. Even your government's own analysis concludes that there will be tens of thousands of deaths from lockdown in the long run. Your argumentation is so piss poor, no amount of downvotes and insults will change that. Now, off you toddle.
Yes, there are thousands of collateral deaths. But you don't know how many and you don't know how many would have died anyway and the number is small compared to the numbers killed by coronavirus. So I repeat my assertion that you are a mathematical dimwit and I suggest that you and @rifke stick to giving each other reach-arounds and stop infecting this forum with your elderly-hating bullshit.

#HissyFit

Yes, there are thousands of collateral deaths. But you don't know how many and you don't know how many would have died anyway and the number is small compared to the numbers killed by coronavirus. So I repeat my assertion that you are a mathematical dimwit and I suggest that you and @rifke stick to giving each other reach-arounds and stop infecting this forum with your elderly-hating bullshit.
bun bun is the last person who hates old people!! when i made some comment about having to serve gross old ladies he replied with something like "awww old ladies". after that it made me think twice about my hatred of old ladies and to be more patient with them and now actually i find that i can like them. so you're very wrong (big surprise). now, werent you told to toddle off? get toddling!

bun bun is the last person who hates old people!! when i made some comment about having to serve gross old ladies he replied with something like "awww old ladies". after that it made me think twice about my hatred of old ladies and to be more patient with them and now actually i find that i can like them. so you're very wrong (big surprise). now, werent you told to toddle off? get toddling!
Ah, I wondered when you'd show up to drag the conversation down to your level. Well, here you are: do you have any more pearls of wisdom to add or are you waiting for 12mm erect to tell you what to say?

I love how you always backtrack - from "someone with cancer" to "yeah, there are thousands" and then "yeah but we don't know how many" to "but the numbers are small compared to coronavirus deaths".

There are scenarios and prognoses from official government sources - and they conclude that collateral deaths will outweigh coronavirus deaths. Funny how these sources are relevant and reliable when they suit your argument and how they have no bearing when they don't. I repeat my assertion that your argument is piss poor and that no amount of insults and downvotes can change that.

also, "you dont know how many would have died anyway" could very well be applied to coronavirus situation. we dont know that all of these poeple wouldnt have died this year from the flu anyway. most of them are so old they would have only had a few years left in them anyway.

the problem is: who gets to decide that these measures are worth it to protect these people, who decides that the collateral deaths are worth it? i dont think they are. what if you had a friend who committed suicide because of this? would you still think it worth it? and it's true we dont yet know how many will die but a lot of people are saying it will be MORE than have died from corona virus. just look at this:
In Japan, more people died from suicide last month than from Covid in all of 2020 - CNN
Personalising it doesn't really help. If there had been no lockdown or restrictions and coronavirus had been allowed to spread unchecked, the health service would have been overwhelmed. This itself would have led to even more collateral deaths. One of the main reasons for the lockdown was to slow the infection rate such that the health service would be able to cope with the strain.
You seem to be arguing that some deaths are more acceptable than others. Are you arguing that a lot of deaths amongst the elderly is a price worth paying to minimise deaths amongst younger people? If so, what's the acceptable ratio? 10 elderly to die to save one younger person? 100? 1000?

Ah, I wondered when you'd show up to drag the conversation down to your level. Well, here you are: do you have any more pearls of wisdom to add or are you waiting for 12mm erect to tell you what to say?

Pitting people against each other, making fun of people’s user names … all signs of a superior intellect!

Back
Top Bottom