Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Unless you're a fat pig, or quite elderly, or have cancer or something, or a beautiful combo of all three, you are almost certainly going to be fine if you catch it.

Make no mistake, this a dry run for something else, something that probably won't hit for another 10 or 20 years. If you think that the total destruction of the economy and the decimation of societal norms in the name of a virus that kills an infinitesimal fraction of those it infects is just "erring on the side of caution" you're high.

It's an experiment.
Maybe it's part of a plan that went wrong and the designers still try to make the consequences work as they originally planned it. That may explain the apparently unexplainable distortion between the actual number of victims and the intentional destruction of huge parts of the economic system plus the annihilation of civil rights. Or maybe it didn't went totally wrong because most of us will eventually die, but the effects became delayed in time more than they were intended to be and the actual consequences may ruin the results of the original plan. Mainly because people was left with time enough to make questions. Or maybe not. Maybe it was just a bat trying to avenge its fellow wild animals eaten by people. Like Batman fighting for justice but in the animal kingdom.

Maybe it's part of a plan that went wrong and the designers still try to make the consequences work as they originally planned it. That may explain the apparently unexplainable distortion between the actual number of victims and the intentional destruction of huge parts of the economic system plus the annihilation of civil rights. Or maybe it didn't went totally wrong because most of us will eventually die, but the effects became delayed in time more than they were intended to be and the actual consequences may ruin the results of the original plan. Mainly because people was left with time enough to make questions. Or maybe not. Maybe it was just a bat trying to avenge its fellow wild animals eaten by people. Like Batman fighting for justice but in the animal
I am heating up canned pasta

I am heating up canned pasta
I'm making popcorn. The existencial question arises again: sweet or salty.

I'm so happy that I don't have to take a bigger decision. Just imagine being Churchill having to decide if he saves a city or warns the enemies that he already has cracked the code.

Let me clarify. I believe it could be an experiment...but I also believe it could just as easily be a random mishandled shitshow that almost everyone but Trump is freaking out over.

It's a random mishandled (by everyone) shitshow.

So what do people think of BoJos response to the Covid crisis?

Personally i think he's done alright - yes, mistakes have been made, but could any other party have done any better? It's easy for the opposition to carp on when they're not the ones making any decisions.

And people say Kier Starmer is alright - they seem to forget, it would have been Corbyn in charge if Labour had won the election; a truly frightening thought!!

Personally i think he's done alright - yes, mistakes have been made, but could any other party have done any better? It's easy for the opposition to carp on when they're not the ones making any decisions.

And people say Kier Starmer is alright - they seem to forget, it would have been Corbyn in charge if Labour had won the election; a truly frightening thought!!
So when you claim to be a liberal, what you actually are is a Tory. Only a supporter of that philandering, cretinous lightweight would claim that he'd done anything other than a fairly lousy job so far.

I am beginning to believe that you are reading my mind.
Everything you have posted so far makes perfect sense to me.

Here you go, here's your standard issue Moz-solo kit, which you might need at some point during your membership period, regardless of how long, or short that might turn out to be:

flak.JPG

Genuine Surplus British Protective Vest Flak Vest Armour DPM With Filler

hlmt.JPG

British Army Mk6 Combat Helmet with MTP Cover

So when you claim to be a liberal, what you actually are is a Tory. Only a supporter of that philandering, cretinous lightweight would claim that he'd done anything other than a fairly lousy job so far.
Yes i did vote Tory in the last 2 elections, but have also voted Labour in the past. I'm not dogmatic when it comes to politics. Too many people have the lazy view of 'Labour good, Tory bad'. And that plainly isn't true, just ask any Jewish member of the Labour party!

And actually, centre ground Tories are quite liberal actually.

Yes i did vote Tory in the last 2 elections, but have also voted Labour in the past. I'm not dogmatic when it comes to politics. Too many people have the lazy view of 'Labour good, Tory bad'. And that plainly isn't true, just ask any Jewish member of the Labour party!

And actually, centre ground Tories are quite liberal actually.
Yes, if you ignore the fact that the current Tory party is the most illiberal that I can remember in forty years.

Yes, if you ignore the fact that the current Tory party is the most illiberal that I can remember in forty years.
Well ok, we'll agree to disagree on that one. It wouldn't have been any better under Corbyn, trust me. I mainly voted BoJo to keep him out. And get the Brexit referendum honoured.

And i don't think Johnson / Sunak are worse than Cameron / Osborne.

In my opinion.

Corbyn has been suspended from the Labour Party now for saying that claims of anti-semitism were over exaggerated. Kier Starmer said that there is no place in the Labour Party for anyone who denies that anti semitism might exist. Its not enough to be racist anymore, denial that it even exists is enough to hang you. And you have to laugh when you look at Corbyn who's the most in offensive, benign individual you could imagine being put to rights by one of the new breed. Corbyn must be gutted. But he's taken it in good grace.
I welcome the debate, but I wouldn't say he's taken it in good grace. And have you read the report? He was complicit in covering it up at best, involved in burying complaints at worst. The best defence he has is he was a puppet for the Unions, just put in place to do their bidding. And that isn't much of a defence. And just look at his wishy-washy non stance on Brexit. Pathetic.

He isn't the kindly old man he tries to make out.

Mind you, 'Sir' Keir Starmer was in his shadow cabinet for 4 years & I didn't exactly see him standing up & saying what he is now. So he's not much better.

Trust me, we're better off with BoJo.

Back
Top Bottom