Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Three friends died because of covid19... It does not prove anything either; I mean, there isn't something to prove.
it proves you must be very unlucky. i dont know anyone who's actually even had it (other than myself), let alone died from it.

it proves you must be very unlucky. i dont know anyone who's actually even had it (other than myself), let alone died from it.
Correct, considering anyone who gets it under the age of 65 has a 99.5% chance of recovery it does seem awfully unlucky to know 3 people who fall in 0.05% bracket.

Correct, considering anyone who gets it under the age of 65 has a 99.5% chance of recovery it does seem awfully unlucky to know 3 people who fall in 0.05% bracket.
could be he lives in an old folks home. i mean, there's got to be some special circumstance for such a thing as knowing 3 people who have died from it and one with prolonged illness from it. i mean, can you imagine if everyone knew three people who died from it? and he slings that off as a casual occurence like it's just what to expect with this virus.

could be he lives in an old folks home. i mean, there's got to be some special circumstance for such a thing as knowing 3 people who have died from it and one with prolonged illness from it. i mean, can you imagine if everyone knew three people who died from it? and he slings that off as a casual occurence like it's just what to expect with this virus.
It seems like an almost statistical impossibility OR you're right they spend their days hanging out at Aged Care houses.

I don't think I am unlucky (actually, I tend to be lucky).
It is quite shocking to know 3 persons, 3 friends who died... because, well... It's a stupid virus and...
I never liked Queen, but for some reason I remember reading an interview to one of the members of the band (I don't even know their names, I am not into that music to be honest), and the interview said something that I still remember: the person was saying that something he lamented was the death of F. Mercury, but because he died only a few months before the cocktail of drugs that made HIV become simply a chronic disease instead of a death certificate was released... So his logic was "if he had simply lived three extra months, then he would have actually lived several years or he would even be alive nowadays".

So that's more or less the feeling, the absurdity of their deaths (I mean my friends, not Mercury).
Other than that, two friends lost a brother because of Covid (but I didn't know their brothers, so I can't say that I know 5 friends who died).

Finally, I think I caught it today.... I will have to check it. I am not afraid, but I hope it's a false alarm.

In the u.s twenty percent of deaths are under the age of sixty five which might be an acceptable number to some people but that’s also with a really small positivity rate. When that number keeps going up so is that groups death count and given how much more contagious this seems vs previous pandemics that’s very likely. Another 1171 people here died from it yesterday

In the u.s twenty percent of deaths are under the age of sixty five which might be an acceptable number to some people but that’s also with a really small positivity rate. When that number keeps going up so is that groups death count and given how much more contagious this seems vs previous pandemics that’s very likely. Another 1171 people here died from it yesterday
If you're under 65 what are the survival rates? I've read the CDC (which seems like an OK source) and they have it at around 99.5%

and according to ivor cummins (todays guest on triggernometry) in ireland anyway 95% of corona fatalies the people werent even put into intensive care because they were already so old and riddled with disease it wouldnt have been appropriate to do anything but just let them die already (he didnt phrase it like that)

so that's who we're trying to save with all of these measures and meanwhile young people are dying of cancer, of suicide, etc

Attachments

• ______________________________________________________________________________________________...jpg
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________...jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 0
If you're under 65 what are the survival rates? I've read the CDC (which seems like an OK source) and they have it at around 99.5%

that’s true though that doesn’t effect much when it’s so contagious. It’s the combination of its contagiousness and the slight uptick in deaths that’s causing such a problem and not because COVID kills like Ebola which though it’s deadlier isn’t as big a worldwide issue like COVID is 220000 is a lot of deaths in under a year. If those were the mortality rates and it wasn’t so contagious we’d be treating it like a flu but it’s such a spreader that those people who survive or don’t show symptoms at all still have a big effect of the population at large. The measures taken against it are efforts to buy time so that thousands don’t die until we get a vaccine which will probably be next year. even without restrictions or lockdowns etc many people still stayed home. When they did a study of Iowa which had little restriction on businesses the economy still suffered because a lot of people don’t want to get sickor bring it back home to loved ones killing them. You understand that this idea of killing your parents by bringing home a sickness is a concern and telling people hey your Paranthropus were over sixty five isn’t going to help them.Economic recovery and virus control are tied together. If you wanna get the economy together you need to control the virus in order to make a safe predictable experience for people to spend there money

Iowa never locked down and the economy was still effected

To underscore my point we just had another record day of new infections and another thousand people died yesterday

that’s true though that doesn’t effect much when it’s so contagious. It’s the combination of its contagiousness and the slight uptick in deaths that’s causing such a problem and not because COVID kills like Ebola which though it’s deadlier isn’t as big a worldwide issue like COVID is 220000 is a lot of deaths in under a year. If those were the mortality rates and it wasn’t so contagious we’d be treating it like a flu but it’s such a spreader that those people who survive or don’t show symptoms at all still have a big effect of the population at large. The measures taken against it are efforts to buy time so that thousands don’t die until we get a vaccine which will probably be next year. even without restrictions or lockdowns etc many people still stayed home. When they did a study of Iowa which had little restriction on businesses the economy still suffered because a lot of people don’t want to get sickor bring it back home to loved ones killing them. You understand that this idea of killing your parents by bringing home a sickness is a concern and telling people hey your Paranthropus were over sixty five isn’t going to help them.Economic recovery and virus control are tied together. If you wanna get the economy together you need to control the virus in order to make a safe predictable experience for people to spend there money

Iowa never locked down and the economy was still effected
Thousands--no, millions--have died or are going to die from the lockdowns! ! In the uk alone there will be tens of thousands of death from cancer going undiagnosed! There will be millions of deaths from starvation!! What in your mind justifies this trading of old already lived lives for young vital lives????

One of the most sinister things Ivor Cummins said regarding mandatory masks was about how they implemented them (and they have done so here too in most places) now and not during the peak of the virus. Because when will we know when we can stop wearing them? If they had done so at the peak of the virus they could then say "once we have flattened the curve you can stop wearing them". But since there was no real significant marker for when we implemented them there can't be any marker for when we can stop wearing, except maybe when--if--we get a vaccine (six years from now). They mandated them arbitrarily and now because of that we must live with them indefinitely. As ivor Cummins said, there's no exit strategy for the wearing of masks.

Unless you're a fat pig, or quite elderly, or have cancer or something, or a beautiful combo of all three, you are almost certainly going to be fine if you catch it.

Make no mistake, this a dry run for something else, something that probably won't hit for another 10 or 20 years. If you think that the total destruction of the economy and the decimation of societal norms in the name of a virus that kills an infinitesimal fraction of those it infects is just "erring on the side of caution" you're high.

It's an experiment.

"If you knew what they are planning to do to the American people...it's horrifying."

-Phil Schneider, found dead by "suicide"

Unless you're a fat pig, or quite elderly, or have cancer or something, or a beautiful combo of all three, you are almost certainly going to be fine if you catch it.

Make no mistake, this a dry run for something else, something that probably won't hit for another 10 or 20 years. If you think that the total destruction of the economy and the decimation of societal norms in the name of a virus that kills an infinitesimal fraction of those it infects is just "erring on the side of caution" you're high.

It's an experiment.
Thank god we have people like you here to tell us how it really is. It's incredible how many experts on global conspiracy we have on this forum.

It's not an experiment. There's been a lot of mishandling, but that's a different thing.

The BBC had a really sad interview with the son of one of YouTube's covid attention-seekers. You used to have to work hard for attention, now you switch on your webcam & upload entertaining nonsense.

It's not an experiment. There's been a lot of mishandling, but that's a different thing.

The BBC had a really sad interview with the son of one of YouTube's covid attention-seekers. You used to have to work hard for attention, now you switch on your webcam & upload entertaining nonsense.

Let me clarify. I believe it could be an experiment...but I also believe it could just as easily be a random mishandled shitshow that almost everyone but Trump is freaking out over.

Back
Top Bottom