Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Reel's a racist.

She's projecting her racism onto Morrissey for fun or to promote a neo-Nazi party she supports.

You're eating the hamburger.
Like I said, maybe she would be reasonable, if you would.

Morrissey isn't going to gain anything from a journalist looking at a site dedicated to him, seeing violent racial hatred posted by 'a fan' & linking it to the myths already circulating about him.

His career would be shattered. He's 61, we don't have a huge turnaround time.
Morrissey has always had a disparate fan base. In principle, I’m against censorship of all kinds—save for that which comes from people being subject to democratically determined laws. If Morrissey’s recuperation depended on silencing people, then that would actually represent his death, for me, rather than his revival.

Morrissey has always had a disparate fan base. In principle, I’m against censorship of all kinds—save for that which comes from people being subject to democratically determined laws. If Morrissey’s recuperation depended on silencing people, then that would actually represent his death, for me, rather than his revival.

It's not a freedom of speech issue - she claims that he agrees with her extreme racism when he's said nothing even close to it & she posts it on a public forum.

I don't think his career is healthier as a hijacked platform for Patriotic Alternative, a party that also violently hates his sexuality.

It's not a freedom of speech issue - she claims that he agrees with her extreme racism when he's said nothing even close to it & she posts it on a public forum.

I don't think his career is healthier as a hijacked platform for Patriotic Alternative, a party that also violently hates his sexuality.
For me it’s clear Morrissey doesn’t advocate Patriotic Alternative’s position. I think it’s clear for most. Equally, I think most people understand this site’s position on censorship and the ‘risks’ that brings with it—namely that on a site which allows people to say whatever they want, people might say whatever they want.

As you know, I’ve accepted that includes people delighting in the death of my own dad. Obviously, that doesn’t mean I thought it was the best thing I’ve ever seen posted on the internet. But it doesn’t mean I want a gagging order either. The challenge might be ours—to understand and accept the medium. Am I to understand that in principle you’d like more censorship on this site? Is that the Reel argument?

For me it’s clear Morrissey doesn’t advocate Patriotic Alternative’s position. I think it’s clear for most. Equally, I think most people understand this site’s position on censorship and the ‘risks’ that brings with it—namely that on a site which allows people to say whatever they want, people might say whatever they want.

As you know, I’ve accepted that includes people delighting in the death of my own dad. Obviously, that doesn’t mean I thought it was the best thing I’ve ever seen posted on the internet. But it doesn’t mean I want a gagging order either. The challenge might be ours—to understand and accept the medium. Am I to understand that in principle you’d like more censorship on this site? Is that the Reel argument?

No - my argument is she's potentially harming his reputation by lying about his beliefs.

Journalists & social media can't be relied upon to be fair, someone could work up her presence into a story about Actual Nazis sharing Morrissey's Unacceptable Views (which will be evidenced by the usual pull-quotes blah de blah).

And personally, to avoid that, I'd like her to get knotted.

No - my argument is she's potentially harming his reputation by lying about his beliefs.

Journalists & social media can't be relied upon to be fair, someone could work up her presence into a story about Actual Nazis sharing Morrissey's Unacceptable Views (which will be evidenced by the usual pull-quotes blah de blah).

And personally, to avoid that, I'd like her to get knotted.
I’d like her to be compelled by evidence to the contrary, yes. She probably won’t be though, and I can accept that.

If I can live with the many other misled on here saying that ‘Morrissey is a racist’, I’m scarcely going to be additionally surprised, enamoured, or offended, by another—albeit a confessed racist—simply agreeing with them. They’re all equally wrong as far as I’m concerned.

I’d like her to be compelled by evidence to the contrary, yes. She probably won’t be though, and I can accept that.

If I can live with the many other misled on here saying that ‘Morrissey is a racist’, I’m scarcely going to be additionally surprised, enamoured, or offended, by another—albeit a confessed racist—simply agreeing with them. They’re all equally wrong as far as I’m concerned.
I don't believe he's truly racist either. So many songs attest to this. Mexico, Bengali in Platforms, Brave Asian Boy, America is Not the World, I Know I'm Unlovable, Israel, and In Instanbul.

Reel's a racist.

She's projecting her racism onto Morrissey for fun or to promote a neo-Nazi party she supports.

You're eating the hamburger.
I meant my last comment as a reply to you. Pressed the wrong button.

The only animal I ingest is from gelatin vitamin d capsules. I should try again, research alternatives. I've had some bad luck about supplements.
Mine have some seaweed based alternative I think. The price difference has corrupted me in the past.

And I bought Arches watercolor paper, which contains gelatin. I was angry at a vegan brand at the time. Now I'm stuck with it, but it's sitting on the shelf lately.

Some woman said she liked my hair, speaking of the scamdemic, while I was out walking, and I said I liked the fact that she wasn't wearing a mask. She said defensively that she lived just a few steps away. I tried to reassure her I liked it, but the wind must have been in her ears, because she said she respected my opinion, and I think she gave me the finger.

Back
Top Bottom