Inverness, Scotland - Ironworks (June 17, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List: (may not be in correct order)

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Meat is Murder / Alma Matters / Action Is My Middle Name / The Kid's A Looker / People Are The Same Everywhere / Speedway / I Know It's Over / Satellite Of Love / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Last Of The Famous International Playboys // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
Love it. Looks like he's having fun.

I have to get myself a "F*CK FUR" t-shirt for Monday's gig!:thumb:

God bless you, Moz.

Everyone shits on Alain for his playing on the 2002 live version, but I don't think you can butcher it any worse than Jesse did. I'm by no means a "Jesse hater" but his tone and style of playing the old Smiths/solo songs has gotten noticeably worse as the tours go on. Of course Marr is hard to duplicate, but many fans (including myself) thought Jesse covered the Smiths stuff VERY well during the 2004 and 2006 tours. Still, it's great hearing this song live after so many years.

Everyone shits on Alain for his playing on the 2002 live version, but I don't think you can butcher it any worse than Jesse did. I'm by no means a "Jesse hater" but his tone and style of playing the old Smiths/solo songs has gotten noticeably worse as the tours go on. Of course Marr is hard to duplicate, but many fans (including myself) thought Jesse covered the Smiths stuff VERY well during the 2004 and 2006 tours. Still, it's great hearing this song live after so many years.

Agreed. That was fairly rough there, particularly the tone. Marr is pretty tough to duplicate but there are tons of guitarists out there that can nail it. Heck, I know three or four that are no more than bedroom players these days that can.

it would probably sound better if the band slowed it down a bit

I think it sounds fine. Morrissey looks and sounds great. I LOVE to watch that man play the tamborine...

The set list is top drawer. Those of you attending the shows - you are so lucky, and you know it!

And, yes - I want one of those F*UCK FUR shirts too!!

I think it sounds fine. Morrissey looks and sounds great. I LOVE to watch that man play the tamborine...

The set list is top drawer. Those of you attending the shows - you are so lucky, and you know it!

And, yes - I want one of those F*UCK FUR shirts too!!

I also love when Morrissey plays the tambourine. There is something about it that communicates to the ones across the Atlantic that cannot be there. There is something about Morrissey playing the tambourine on YouTube that pulls you into him and YouTube makes Morrissey look so mesmerizing, attractive, and the motions of Morrissey’s hands on the tambourine excites me. And I’m not even kidding. I swear to God it does. So hand in glove, I completely agree with what you are saying, about everything, not just the tambourine comment I mean. I also would like to say that I love that he performed I Want The One I Can’t Have because that song has a particular special meaning to me but I don’t want the one I can’t have, I want Morrissey, only, and he should continue playing this song for as long as he would like to, which he is entitled to.

Also, what Morrissey says regarding people keeping certain things secret, private … I think that he is so spot on, accurate on it. Isn’t it. You have never been in love until you’ve seen the stars reflect “on” the reservoirs. Thing is though, I actually followed Morrissey’s direction a few years ago and I went with somebody to the reservoirs and kissed them where the stars reflected in the reservoirs.
But the relationship ended. LOL
But then I swear to God it’s true, it happened. I’ve seen this happen in other people’s lives … and now it’s happening in mine.

Loot wine, Be Mine, Morrissey, ALL the time. Always.

I Miss you and I will see you in far off places. Stay handsome gorgeous! Glued to YouTube.

Peace

Your biggest fan
Angela

So, I'm sorry if I missed it, but how does Ouija Board sound? It's just such a weird sounding song...I can't imagine it live with 2 guitars, bass, drums, and keys!

Thank you for the set list and the video. Morrissey sounds great and looks as handsome as ever. Looking forward to Dunfermline, can't wait to see him.

He was on top form, probably the best Moz gig I've been to in recent years. Venue - around 500, so it was very intimate. I've always felt that he's best in these smaller venues.
Ran over the magic 60 minutes. Probably because the crowd was so very enthusiastic, and quite right too!
'I know it's over' was brilliant - even Moz had tears (oh yes!). Comments re Eden Court, and Alex Salmond, were typical Moz. 'Meat is Murder' - wow! Rest of set excellent - a few tweaks from the Perth set offering. Much better.
As for the new material, I'll reserve judgement, because I always dislike the new stuff until I've had a few listens.
Thanks Moz, haste ye back - Inverness loves you!

It's brilliant to read so many positive comments and the setlist does look terrific.
Thanks for all the youtube clips.
I can't wait for York next weekend and Hop farm the weekend after.

Hopefully then he'll be back in the recording studio in the autumn....

So, I'm sorry if I missed it, but how does Ouija Board sound? It's just such a weird sounding song...I can't imagine it live with 2 guitars, bass, drums, and keys!
Ouija sounded fantastic and was great to hear such song played live again,what I can't understand is why you cannot imagine said song with guitars and keys,both are integral to the song,bass and drums also,I suggest you go and blow the dust off the vinyl and pop it on the turntable and listen again because it's obviously been a while.

It's sad that nobody really cares anymore.

But surely a part of Morrissey realises it's a bit sad to be doing a UK tour in support of his 18th 'greatest hits' compilation album?

Mozza, drop the session musicians, get a great band, and prepare for one final assault on pop music, take your rightful place in pop history as the coolest 50 year old in pop history.

troll post
The Real Set List

Roys Keen
The Harsh Truth Of The Cameras Eye
Michael Bones
Golden Lights
Pashernate Love
Your The One For Me Fatty
Christian Dior
Southpaw (full 9 minute version)
Black Eyed Susan
Work Is A Four Letter Word
The Kids A Looker
Poker Face (cover)
Sweetie Pie
All The Lazy Dykes
Driving Your Girlfriend Home

encore
Striptease With A Difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gr8 gig from start to finish,A very animated Moz threw himself into every song with the passion that inspired him pen such classics,a true entertainer who won't be here forever so back off all the detractors and scrutineers and allow yourself to wallow in his joy,happiness and sincerity,as is daubed upon his t-shirts-England does indeed owe him! but it is Scotland who will always love him! Long may he Reign!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom