If you were Johnny Marr, what would you say to Morrissey?

Yes, I've heard that story too, Dale. I mean, who knows for sure, but there seems to be a long line of people with similar stories about Morrissey and they can't all be made up. Wasn't that from those Tony Wilson interviews? There's a series of them on YouTube, not sure what they were originally shot for but they're very entertaining.

Not doing the promo sounds true.

Not sure why she'd be sacked?

That's a bit of a leap. Lots of people who grow up poor are insecure about money in adulthood, but it doesn't make it a clinical diagnosis. And most people know where to draw the line and not shit on other people, despite their anxiety.

Anxiety is irrational. It can fixate on anything.

Not everybody can control their problems.

Not doing the promo sounds true.

Not sure why she'd be sacked?
According to the story, he demanded it. He had become so infuriated by being rung up and asked to do promotional work he told the record company 'Either she goes or I go' and they caved in. Apparently.

According to the story, he demanded it. He had become so infuriated by being rung up and asked to do promotional work he told the record company 'Either she goes or I go' and they caved in. Apparently.

I could imagine him saying it, can't picture a record company doing it though. IME you'd let him burn himself out & tell her not to ring him again.

Also no one is telling terrible anecdotes about him rn & you'd think they'd hit the internet when he's down & scores could be settled.

I could imagine him saying it, can't picture a record company doing it though. IME you'd let him burn himself out & tell her not to ring him again.

Also no one is telling terrible anecdotes about him rn & you'd think they'd hit the internet when he's down & scores could be settled.

Wait until he pops it, I'm pretty sure a lot of stuff will come out. Fair play to Tony Wilson though, he always respected him for his creativity even though he despised him as a person.

joyce is having a party,you fancy it.

nobody is going to ask anything of a little twat that looks like :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
with his accouterments consisting of wig,tats, botox and horse tooths.?
or asking anything of a twat the magnitude of Fat Gay Vegan. A 'vegan' that
weights 500 lbs?

I think I have to be realistic and 'accept' (I have to put it in quotation marks because its nothing that anyone else would be judged on). I have to be realistic and note that Morrisseys business practices aren't necessarily concordant with the image he wishes to convey of himself as a caring human being. There's a selfish side to Morrissey. There's a manipulative side to him. There's a downright 'evil' side to him. But then I realise it's bourne of desperation. When he sings 'it's so easy to laugh, it takes guts to be gentle and kind' it's an astute observation. It doesn't mean he abides by the sentiment. He was merely making the observation. In a way, he was perhaps lamenting the fact that the same doesn't apply to him.
He's a human being, as infallible as the rest of us. Spite, anger, love, hate, selfish et al with a smattering of issues.
Why aren't you aware of these things?

Wait until he pops it, I'm pretty sure a lot of stuff will come out. Fair play to Tony Wilson though, he always respected him for his creativity even though he despised him as a person.

Why would they have to wait till he dies? Even the gossip is thin on the ground - it's all difficult, quiet, unreliable & booze.

I like Tony Wilson.

I think I have to be realistic and 'accept' (I have to put it in quotation marks because its nothing that anyone else would be judged on). I have to be realistic and note that Morrisseys business practices aren't necessarily concordant with the image he wishes to convey of himself as a caring human being. There's a selfish side to Morrissey. There's a manipulative side to him. There's a downright 'evil' side to him. But then I realise it's bourne of desperation. When he sings 'it's so easy to laugh, it takes guts to be gentle and kind' it's an astute observation. It doesn't mean he abides by the sentiment. He was merely making the observation. In a way, he was perhaps lamenting the fact that the same doesn't apply to him.

Dale, he tells people he's awful all the time!!! Pretending to be nice is not one of his flaws.

I'd say sorry. And I'd try to explain myself for not doing my best to remain a friend. If I was Marr, I would have tried harder. And if I had the inclination (which Marr obviously has never had), I would have made sure that the man who propelled me into stardom was still aware that I loved him. Yes, I would definitely have tried harder.

I think you have that exactly backwards!

he was born to be my sub.

I wasn't raking up his mistakes ,Mozmar. I was illustrating them to make it known that I don't give a fxxk. My Morrissey will be my Morrissey till the day I die. All the lightweights can piss off elsewhere. I've known of him since the conception of The Smiths. I know what he did for me when I was bunking school and college. I know how I look to him now when I feel I'm doing something I shouldn't be. I know he's not 100% sincere as a human being, but I know that when he's in front of a microphone laying down his vocals, he does it better and more convincingly than anyone else around. He could sing the virtues of cheese on toast and it would sound epic. The man can sing. The man can carry a song. He was born for the recording booth.

What Marr should say is: Thanks. I’m still living off those Smiths tunes from 33+ years ago cause my post-Smiths career has been shite.

“That’s easy money”

Back
Top Bottom