If still in Brighton on Sat 18th Dec not @ Earl's Court

D

dadoolanglang

Greetings.

Having seen Mozza at Glastonbury, Move & Reading (best gig thus far! How Soon Is Now!) I'm really chuffed he's playing Brighton on Friday 17th December, as I live closeby & can't make Earl's Court the following night. The reason I can't attend the Sat London show is because I run a monthly 60s girl group club night Da Doo Ron Ron - 60s girly sounds a-go-go! Est. October 1998 - & its our seventh Xmas shindig that Saturday the 18th December here in Brighton @ the Sussex Arts Club, 7, Ship Street, Brighton, BN1 1AD. Tel:-01273-778020 / 727371.

I thought that if any of you were staying in Brighton for the week-end after the gig you might be looking for somewhere to come to on the Sat night. We spin many of Moz's fave female sixties artists including Nancy Sinatra, Sandie Shaw, Twinkle, Cilla & a sprinkling of swingin' mademoiselles, Francoise Hardy et al.

Recently awarded 'Club of the Month' status by music mag The NME (But don't let that put uou off!), Da Doo Ron Ron is a 60s orientated club night with a unique slant. In a tribute to original 'girl power', DDRR DJs Chris 'Da Doo' King & Simon Bridger only spin female-fronted tracks from the swingin' sixties and early seventies. You will never hear a male lead vocal at DDRR! The club's musical menu is a femme-centric celebration of 60s girl groups such as The Supremes, Ronettes, Marvelettes, Shangri-Las, Chiffons, Crystals etc, sassy soul sisters like Aretha, Dusty Springfield, Brenda Holloway, Tammi Terrell and playful popstrels in the vein of Nancy Sinatra, Petula Clark, Lesley Gore, Lulu, Cilla and Helen Shapiro.

Saturday 18th December - Da Doo Ron Ron - Xmas shindig
@ the Sussex Arts Club, 7, Ship St, Brighton
Doors:-9pm - 2am
Admission:-£5 BEFORE 11pm / £6 AFTER

"A summer-flavoured selection of class female acts from the Ronettes to the Flirtations, the Supremes to Shirley Bassey and more besides. Time to get with the girls and frug". The Guardian - Clubs 'Pick Of The Week'

"A 'femme-centric' selection of back-combed harmonizing". The Guardian - Number 1 Clubs 'Pick Of The Week' November 2003

pic231693.jpg

Back
Top Bottom