Poll IANADOAC is his best album since...?

IANADOAC Is Morrissey's Best Album Since?

• California Son

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Low In High School

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • WPINOYB

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Years Of Rufusal

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Ringleader Of The Tormentors

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • You Are The Quarry

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Maladjusted

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Southpaw Grammar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vauxhall And I

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Your Arsenal

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Kill Uncle

• Bona Drag

• Viva Hate

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • His days in The Smiths

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
I voted "you are the quarry", but maybe I rate it so highly because it's still quite new and fresh.
Time will tell.

I can't stop playing it. It's his best since Your Arsenal.

I voted Years Of Refusal, which in turn was his best album since Vauxhall and I.

Am I the only one that gets YOR and ROTT confused? They're almost like one album to me. I couldn't sort the songs into the correct album if I had to.

Is a vote for "since California Son" the equivalent of saying it's his worst album ever?

I went back to "Vauxhall" but changed to "Quarry". The first 8 songs on "Dog" are superb,

Last edited:
Since world peace is none of your business. Though I think it's about tied with that album the great bonus tracks mean I prefer world peace. Years of refusal was better though :thumb:

Am I the only one that gets YOR and ROTT confused? They're almost like one album to me. I couldn't sort the songs into the correct album if I had to.
Wow, Years Of Refusal is in my top 5 Moz albums ever while I don't care much for Ringleader. If anything I'd say Refusal and Quarry are kinda similar.

Difficult to answer...

I think Viva Hate and Vauxhall and I still stand out as the best albums.

Low in High School, Maladjusted, Kill Uncle and Southpaw Grammar are the worst.

The others are all strong and which I prefer would depend on the particular day that I listen to it (California Son is a fine covers album, but can't be directly compared to the others).

Wow, Years Of Refusal is in my top 5 Moz albums ever while I don't care much for Ringleader. If anything I'd say Refusal and Quarry are kinda similar.

I love YATQ & I listen to it semi regularly, but I've been busy playing the Dog, of late.

I really do need to wipe off the dust from ROTT & YOR & take them out for a spin.

Long overdue.

It is his best since Low in high school, since that album is very very strong… I replaced All the Young people and When you open your legs with This song doesn't end when it's over and Never again will I be a twin and now I think it's one of his best. But I could say the same about all his albums, I can't really rank them. I made my personal versions for each of them just replacing two titles and they are all perfect to me, in their different ways. I'm sure all of us do the same.
Dog is different and fresh and I like it, but, for now, I don't think it's better than his previous two which musically are top notch.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say its better or worse,its just a different album.its a great album.

it's better than high school but not as good as world peace. thank you

I had an edited playlist of World Peace on in the car going to work this morning and it is very strong, obviously the extra tracks are excellent and subsequently the title track and I’m Not A Man just missed out:

1 Istanbul
2 Staircase At The University
3 The Bullfighter Dies
4 Drag The River
5 Kiss Me A Lot
6 Mountjoy
7 Forgive Someone
8 Julie In The Weeds
9 Art Hounds
10 Oboe Concerto

As just a 10 track album this would’ve been his strongest album since Quarry, and possibly his most consistent since Vauxhall.

I had an edited playlist of World Peace on in the car going to work this morning and it is very strong, obviously the extra tracks are excellent and subsequently the title track and I’m Not A Man just missed out:

1 Istanbul
2 Staircase At The University
3 The Bullfighter Dies
4 Drag The River
5 Kiss Me A Lot
6 Mountjoy
7 Forgive Someone
8 Julie In The Weeds
9 Art Hounds
10 Oboe Concerto

As just a 10 track album this would’ve been his strongest album since Quarry, and possibly his most consistent since Vauxhall.
It's always interesting to see the personal versions made by people, I like it ;)

Back
Top Bottom