IANADOAC 2nd week UK charts

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain has dropped from #3 in its first week in the Top 100 Albums to out in its second week.

Also:
Dropped from #1 to #16 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
Dropped from #1 to #8 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
Dropped from #2 to #26 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Related item:

Having a #3 chart placing is an achievement. Congratulations! I bought the album and to me it's 7/10. But a steep drop like this must be unprecented and shows that sad cases like me and c***s like PBEM bought the album.

I personally wish Morrissey would release more albums in the future. It's sad that his his contract with BMG expired, for whatever reason. The best songs on the new album are envigorating.

I don't care about stats but he's been moaning about steep drops his entire career, so I doubt it's that unusual, esp now when companies can buy streams & the shops are shut.

He'll get another deal if he wants it, because he did alright with no support & a lot against him.

The next one will be interesting because all the political things he was getting distracted by have broken. He might go more personal again. Or find new stuff to be distracted by.

These are unprecedented times, not seen since world war 2. Of course physical sales are the least of anyone’s concern. Amazing it made top-3. Let’s hope Johnny can one day make the UK top-3.

This weeks number one had 84% physical sales. Johnnys last album sold more than both of Morrisseys last 2 albums Thewlis. Was there a crisis when California Son was released?

He can't, till there's a sign that Morrissey's tortured by his 'dwindling fanbase' aka notices that a few people on here hate him. Which Moz won't. He'll be too busy thinking about Twinkle or the fur trade.
You seem mentally ill posting repeatedly your conjecture about a man you know absolutely nothing about,
but carry on,
it gives many a good laugh at your adolescent assumptions.

Hilarious. Serves him right for his wretched political views. Shame on those who still try and make excuses for him

He's had one platinum album in his entire career, Plenty of artists have sold much bigger numbers and fallen as far.

His political views are one thing. They're not nothing, they're not everything. Except maybe in the US. Not making the Top 200 is embarrassing.

And this week it’s not even in the charts, what’s your point?
That last week Moz sold really well and this week, with all the fans already having the album, he doesn’t. This has been the case for a couple of decades now so hardly surprising, is it?

And this week it’s not even in the charts, what’s your point?

tUhSkzg.jpg

Albums

The Covid-19 crisis continues to have a huge market impact. Artist album sales slump another 4.7% week on week to 1,484,482. Physical sales are down a big 40.9% with just 154,478 discs passing across the counter last week. It means that digital sales account for a whopping 84.85% of the total.

That last week Moz sold really well and this week, with all the fans already having the album, he doesn’t. This has been the case for a couple of decades now so hardly surprising, is it?

That's the point Thewlis, all the fans have bought the album and it dropped out of the top 100 within 3 days. In the US it didn't even get in the Billboard 200. Both of these facts are a first for Morrissey.

Albums

The Covid-19 crisis continues to have a huge market impact. Artist album sales slump another 4.7% week on week to 1,484,482. Physical sales are down a big 40.9% with just 154,478 discs passing across the counter last week. It means that digital sales account for a whopping 84.85% of the total.

And has this only affected Morrissey?

That's the point Thewlis, all the fans have bought the album and it dropped out of the top 100 within 3 days. In the US it didn't even get in the Billboard 200. Both of these facts are a first for Morrissey.
Yes, and since he relies so heavily on physical sales, and the charts are for 85 % based on digital sales Moz suffers more than usual. Plus he has always dropped heavily in the second week. Especially when radio don’t play the single. So it doesn’t surprise me, tbh.

(Physical) Sales-wise the drop from 1-16 is in keeping with most of his older albums actually.

What a debacle!

He is also out of the (midweek) top 100 in Germany

Our British Chapman is here up and down the thread spreading lies and insulting people, like he has been doing for a good decade now. Thicko!

lies? Thats you spreading lies here. "New Highs!" New highs my ...

I see our Dutch acolyte Thewlis is up and down this thread, frantically marking down posts lest anyone should see an opposing view. Well done!
Is the fact that Thewlis is Dutch significant? Would you refer to him as African if that was the case? Or are you just a racist twat? No need to respond - we all know the truth.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom