'I Wish You Lonely' next single...? Update - Official Lyric video posted

UPDATE Oct. 25:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The lyric video had resurfaced:

Also posted as a single on Spotify:

...if there are indeed such things as 'singles' anymore?

about an hour ago í got sent an e-mail update from the MorrisseyVEVO account announcing that they had just uploaded a new video 'I Wish You Lonely (Official Lyric Video) '.

By the time í saw the e-mail and clicked the link, the upload had been removed.

Just in time for Xmas...? :p

Posted by Famous when dead:

Oh...and this too:

Last edited by a moderator:
According to a album review on here it sounds better on the album, "bolder" I think was one of the words they used. And the reviewer in the Q magazine review picked it out as one of the key tracks.

I like it but I'm not sure it's what I would have chosen. I'm not sure it's radio friendly. It doesn't really have chorus as such.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned a few days ago that is the only other song with a working link on the iTunes store, suggesting that it is indeed likely to be the next single. I haven't really heard it but I don't get the impression that it's many people's favourite (of the songs previewed to date). Does it have a decent chorus?

(Edit below)
Apologies TB - hadn't seen your response when I posted. So no obvious chorus - that does not bode well!

Can’t imagine why they’d choose that as the next single. Jackie would be a better choice as it has an easy repeatable line and hook but oh well. Home has a building quality to it so maybe they thought it wasn’t immediate enough and I guess they could have thought all the young people to different from morrisseys identifiable sound. When you open your legs could be seen as vulgar like irregular commented. I don’t know, it’s just my least fav of the new songs

Could be Home is a Question Mark. I mean, it does have bells on it and Christmas is almost just around the corner! I did think it would be All the Young People Must Fall in Love, but I Wish You Lonely is a good shout.

Home Is A Question Mark and I Wish You Lonely, in that order, are the best two songs out of the seven unveiled so far.
I very much hope these are the next two singles.

Home Is A Question Mark and I Wish You Lonely, in that order, are the best two songs out of the seven unveiled so far.
I very much hope these are the next two singles.

í would be quite interested to see a literal storyline video for 'Home Is A Question, Mark?'... :brows:

í would be quite interested to see a literal storyline video for 'Home Is A Question, Mark?'... :brows:

Joey Barton did mention that he thinks Alan Bennett will be in the video with him, maybe Alan will be in the next one ?

Joey Barton did mention that he thinks Alan Bennett will be in the video with him, maybe Alan will be in the next one ?

í would think Gordon Bennett would be more likely... ;)

The pre-album campaign hasn't been too bad so far (somewhere well above Harvest and just below Attack).
That said, something a bit more cohesive would be nice. A lyric video before a digital release before a physical release isn't great (as evidenced by STDIB being available for a month already and the vinyl release 3 days away).
Not a huge complaint, but if charts are an obsession of his - not selling physical copies at the same time the digital 'single' is doing well is just daft.
It seems tokenistic to chuck Judy Is A Punk on as a b side to a single that didn't feature it digitally.
Nor is there any indication that it will be released digitally (and doing so would undermine the concept of a single as since when do b sides appear over a month later!? ).
The music press/shops still talk in terms of singles in the classic sense of the term (despite the modern digital market) and BMG seem at odds with that a tiny bit.
Most online presence for STDIB still says the new Morrissey single is due for release on the 27th - when, in fact, it's been and gone in chart terms already.
I'd hope someone about to do similar with the next 'single' would have the idea to release the physical / digital music at exactly the same time with all tracks being available too
(*Edit: Too late!*).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Oh...and this too:

20171024_190454.png

FWD.

Pretty much confirmes it then. I wonder when we'll get to hear it. Another radio premiere? How many days before the STDIB tweet before it was on the radio?
Tweet - 18th Sept.
Radio1 premier - 19th Sept.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks. According to someone in twitter 'I wish you lonely' is available on Spotify. I'm not on it myself so I can't really check.

I have just downloaded it on iTunes. I am in New Zealand.

Hmmmm. It sounds pretty solid. Jury out on the song, for me, though it is memorable. Overall much more robust vocally than the recent Maida Vale performance.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom