I wish I would've been a Morrissey fan at his prime..

Glad to know there's others, I dont' feel so alone here anymore. I'm 25 and fairly new to Moz too, about 2 years.

I sort of introduced myself to The Smiths after listening to "TIALTNGO" on the new wave channel22 on Sirius radio, I just loved it an had to hear MORE. Before that, I had a few friends in my teens who listened to The Smiths but I just didn't care, infact I only listened to them about twice that whole time and both times I thought it was shit [what was I thinking!!!!] 5 years wasted.
There was also this guy with whom I used to drive to remote places to smoke out away from the other peeps, he was a huge Smiths fan and everytime he tried to play some Smiths/Moz in his car I never allowed it. Maybe if I had been less of a smug little bitch and allowed him to properly introduce them to me at the time, I would've become a Moz fan way earlier....oh well! Things happen for a reason + I was into "harder" music back then anyway.
Lost touch with him and now I think how cool it'd be to know him now, I still remember his Smiths & Sonic Youth stamps on the rear window of his car:(

Yes... Imagine seeing them at the Hacienda...:) But anyway, he is still alive, he still tours.. he has not commited suicide, like other heroes.. So we should be happy!:) (and we are)

oh, so good to know I'm not the only one with my head in my hands. I'm 30, and have been into the Smiths since the mid 90s, Morrissey a little later on. When he toured Australia in 2002, I was living overseas.
At least most of you probably don't live waaaay down here where no many bands/singers never want to seem to tread!
My chances of seeing Morrissey live are even slimmer than yours.

And, yes, it's killing me.

Sigh!

Back
Top Bottom