"I Thought You Were Dead" on streaming sites

I Thought You Were Dead appears on Spotify and iTunes

From Famous when dead - now also on Amazon.co.uk with a release date of April 26, 2019 and image:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually I’ll download, and if I dig it, I’ll get a physical copy.

I grew up listening to music, that with digital, I can’t imagine a younger generation listening to music in the same way, like making time to sit in front of a decent stereo system in a comfortable setting alone and surrendering totally to the sounds
pouring out from the speakers.

I still do, when I can find the time to do so.

They don't get the quality listening via their phones. My youngest likes the Artic Monkeys and when she heard it via my stereo rather than her ear phones plugged into her phone, she could hear things within the music she had never heard before.

I think the only real issue has been the speed at which the track has appeared digitally (with zero warning prior). There are people out there still waiting on the vinyl version thinking that it was necessary as the track wouldn't be available (like previous exclusives that took an age to surface).
Ultimately, in this case, with the USA being completely undersupplied (almost ignored) for RSD - having a digital option will help.
I do miss a good CD single though.
Regards,
FWD.

They don't get the quality listening via their phones. My youngest likes the Artic Monkeys and when she heard it via my stereo rather than her ear phones plugged into her phone, she could hear things within the music she had never heard before.

Listening to recorded music should be a memorable experience, I imagine that listening to recorded music is a bit of a lost art.

I am simply just ecstatic to get a digital copy of this gem of a B-side!!!!! Hope the same happens for “Brow of my Beloved” and of course some how some way that “BTTIGTWIG” and “BDE” get the same proper digital release as well

Not bad, a bit of a grower. Does anyone know the provenance of this track? Is it from the LIHS sessions... earlier?

Not bad, a bit of a grower. Does anyone know the provenance of this track? Is it from the LIHS sessions... earlier?
Yes, Italy 2017 = part of LIHS sessions.
Regards,
FWD.

The song is amazing!!!
Probably one of my favourites ever.

The quality of the recording sounds weird though, as if it was a demo or as if the sound producer was trying to make it sound like a grindcore band.

But this song is so amazing! It is a pity that the official recording sounds so weird, otherwise it could be as popular as suedehead became!

Will we have the FWD remix of this one??? (The other ones were actually fine, the sound of this one should be fixed)

The song is amazing!!!
Probably one of my favourites ever.

The quality of the recording sounds weird though, as if it was a demo or as if the sound producer was trying to make it sound like a grindcore band.

But this song is so amazing! It is a pity that the official recording sounds so weird, otherwise it could be as popular as suedehead became!

Will we have the FWD remix of this one??? (The other ones were actually fine, the sound of this one should be fixed)
The BMG digital version is in the download section - that's how they want you to hear it (minus record player variables etc).
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom