I just met Grant Showbiz

Brier

I was at the LAX International Arrivals gate tonight (Oct 6) and saw a chauffeur across the terminal holding up a sign for his rider (as they do) that said GRANT SHOWBIZ. I thought it had to be a joke or a coincidence. I had no idea what Grant even looked like, but I decided to go shadow the chauffeur just in case it was true. On the short walk over to him, I typed “Grant Showbiz” into Google, and a photo of him popped up. I instantly looked up again but the chauffeur wasn’t there anymore. Then I looked right in front of me and the chauffeur and the guy from the Google image were right in front of me! I stammered “Mr. Showbiz, I’m a big fan of your work!” or something, I don’t even remember. He stopped, smiled, and thanked me. I dug an index card & pen out of my pocket (thank god I carry both at all times!) and asked him to sign, which he happily did. I told him what a huge Smiths fan I was. He seemed pleased. I didn’t have time to tell him how much I appreciate his work with Billy Bragg, or that I visited Manchester this year for the first time, and went to Sanford Lads Club; that probably would have been too much information. But I bet he doesn’t get recognized in public all that much, certainly hardly EVER in the States, so I think he was proud. I didn’t tell him that I had to Google-Image him to be sure!

Attachments

• 04B40542-A2C8-4CB5-BBB4-4C3DC156C62E.jpeg
    04B40542-A2C8-4CB5-BBB4-4C3DC156C62E.jpeg
    727 KB · Views: 0
  • 31D964A3-7D62-4D3C-90B4-50358095FF55.jpeg
    31D964A3-7D62-4D3C-90B4-50358095FF55.jpeg
    620.1 KB · Views: 0
I was at the LAX International Arrivals gate tonight (Oct 6) and saw a chauffeur across the terminal holding up a sign for his rider (as they do) that said GRANT SHOWBIZ. I thought it had to be a joke or a coincidence. I had no idea what Grant even looked like, but I decided to go shadow the chauffeur just in case it was true. On the short walk over to him, I typed “Grant Showbiz” into Google, and a photo of him popped up. I instantly looked up again but the chauffeur wasn’t there anymore. Then I looked right in front of me and the chauffeur and the guy from the Google image were right in front of me! I stammered “Mr. Showbiz, I’m a big fan of your work!” or something, I don’t even remember. He stopped, smiled, and thanked me. I dug an index card & pen out of my pocket (thank god I carry both at all times!) and asked him to sign, which he happily did. I told him what a huge Smiths fan I was. He seemed pleased. I didn’t have time to tell him how much I appreciate his work with Billy Bragg, or that I visited Manchester this year for the first time, and went to Sanford Lads Club; that probably would have been too much information. But I bet he doesn’t get recognized in public all that much, certainly hardly EVER in the States, so I think he was proud. I didn’t tell him that I had to Google-Image him to be sure!
well done brier,spur of the moment is sometimes the best way.such a made up name but still sounds good.ahh good old google,good thinking.

The real question you should've asked is, 'were Morrissey and Mike Joyce lovers? Uncle Skinny tells me so!'

Whadaya mean? By any of that?

Do a search on this site and you will find out a lot of information. Grant Showbiz, who was around at the time as their soundman and producing the Smiths' last single would presumably know the answer to that question. In fact, he may have even been the source.

Do a search on this site and you will find out a lot of information. Grant Showbiz, who was around at the time as their soundman and producing the Smiths' last single would presumably know the answer to that question. In fact, he may have even been the source.

Or don't - not really much to be gained by going down that rabbit hole.

The Mike J and Morrissey are lovers story will tell you more about its author than anything else he posts. Priceless.

*SALFORD* Lads Club, damn that stupid auto-correct!!
Are you related to Brian Dennehy by any chance? And if so can you ask him if he's ever met Stephen McHattie? I know I want to know and I'm really sure @vivahate would appreciate it as well!

Brian is my great-uncle, I’ll ask him!!
Cool! Can you ask him about Bo Derek as well?? 10 is one of my favourtite movies. I'm not sure what I like more in that film, a naked Bo Derek or that Rolls Royce, Dudley Moore is driving. (Brian Dennehy is pretty solid too.)

He just texted back — said “Of course I know McHattie & he was mostly lovely, but acted like a jerk to people who he perceived as Canadian.” He also said “Bo Derek wasn’t more than an 8 in person.” Who knew??

He just texted back — said “Of course I know McHattie & he was mostly lovely, but acted like a jerk to people who he perceived as Canadian.” He also said “Bo Derek wasn’t more than an 8 in person.” Who knew??
An 8 in person?? I wish I'd never asked! As for Stephen McHattie, my estimations of him just went UP.

Back
Top Bottom