I don't think there will be an Istanbul gig

yes

The tickets still aren't on sale so It probably is not happenning on the 19th. It will either be pushed back or cancelled.

I wish they would announce something already. I'm tired of checking if the tickets are on sale every hour. And I don't even know if I should buy tix anymore as it will be a huge gambling, and all the money I spend on flights and booking a room will go to waste if he cancels.

Promoters are currently trying to reschedule it for 27th in Izmir instead - all seems up in the air at the moment.

Promoters are currently trying to reschedule it for 27th in Izmir instead - all seems up in the air at the moment.
Izmir? Cancelling would be a better choice.

If they're scared to play in Istanbul, Antalya would be a better choice. Deep Purple were there last week, and Sting is coming next month as with some other big names.

I was lucky enough to see you in Istanbul in July 2012. It was an amazing night, very intense, and it was a dream come true. How was it to be in Istanbul, and what do you think about the audience and the concert?
MELIS, Istanbul.

Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is calledIstanbul. It is second to Rome as my most favorite city in the world. When I'm in Istanbul I feel as if I could never die. My life is matched. I have been trying to book the Istanbul Opera House, and I long to play Ankara, Izmir and Bursa, but local promoters say I am not well-known enough. Even if I sing to one hundred people in Izmir I'd be happy!

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140102_01

We should just book him for Fallujah too while we are at it. :crazy:

I hope he doesn't go to Turkey, too risky.

How on earth is going to Turkey risky?

And how the f*** can you compare Istanbul / Izmir to Fallujah?

Prejudiced much?

How is Turkey risky? Do you your head stuck in the sand?:gun::gun:

At this point Turkey is not much riskier than Europe or America, I don't know what kind of image of Turkey you have in your head but don't be overdramatic.

How is Turkey risky? Do you your head stuck in the sand?:gun::gun:

Ignorant and illiterate.

There have been terror attacks in the US, France, Belgium, Denmark ... What's the difference?

Nobody says "ooooh, I hope he won't play in Denmark cause that's too risky".

Why is Turkey being singled out?

Cause it's a mooslim country innit?

Never mind the fact that thousands and thousands of people travel there every day.

Last edited:
Ignorant and illiterate.

There have been terror attacks in the US, France, Belgium, Denmark ... What's the difference?

Nobody says "ooooh, I hope he won't play in Denmark cause that's too risky".

Why is Turkey being singled out?

Cause it's a mooslim country innit?

Never mind the fact that thousands and thousands of people travel there every day.

No because its a Catholic country.:crazy:

Some people are just slow I guess.

No because its a Catholic country.:crazy:

Some people are just slow I guess.

You are that twat who thinks Europeans should get moar guns to fight them mooslim terrorists. f*** off to Free Republic or Stormfront.

For what it's worth, Istanbul is one of the top international travel destinations with lots of culture, an amazing night life, a good gay scene.

Last edited:
You are that twat who thinks Europeans should get moar guns to fight them mooslim terrorists. f*** off to Free Republic or Stormfront.

For what it's worth, Istanbul is one of the top international travel destinations with lots of culture, an amazing night life, a good gay scene.

That's true. Discrimination against Muslims is unfair and based on lies. The bad comments are damaging the economy of Turkey for no reason, since tourism is a very important source of income. Turkey is not dangerous, the whole world is dangerous.

Last edited:
That's true. Discrimination against Muslims is unfair and based on lies. The bad comments are damaging the economy of Turkey for no reason, since tourism is a very important source of income. Turkey is no dangerous, the whole world is dangerous.
Well said.

To those who claims that -only- Turkey is "too dangerous", they should read newspapers more. Violence, hate speech and other evil things are everywhere..unfortunately. People are getting worse. Istanbul, Dhaka, Tel Aviv, Dallas, Orlando, Paris, Baghdad and many more. Thousands of innocent ppl are slaughtered each year in the name of numerous things. Some crazy people kill for God, some fools kill for patriotic feelings, etc. Basically all of them are simply murders. It don't matter either you kill a Muslim child or an African American child or a Jewish child. All people are brothers & sisters. Believe it or not. We are all same. Maybe we believe in different things, maybe we have different physical appearances.. But.. we fear, we love, we enjoy, we sadden..we feel ! Muslims, Christians, Jews, Buddhists and other believers and also non-believers.

Stop discrimination.

Besides please check what Dave Mustaine had said during his Istanbul gig (July 10). I was not in the concert but according to tweets and news, he said "Some bands cancel their Istanbul gigs because of the terror attacks. We're here and got balls to come to Turkey! If you love it, you should perform there." He also broadcasted a Periscope stream, during his visit to memorial at the airport. You can watch it here:

(A Turkish newspaper link including the whole stream) http://t24.com.tr/video/megadethten...aki-sehitlikte-korkmayin-istanbula-gelin,2697 Man.. He's really generous and kind.

Last week I attended Deep Purple's show in Antalya, Turkey and yesterday I was at Scorpions gig in Istanbul. Both of them were fantastic. People are not afraid of radical monsters. Yes, they are trying to suppress and terrorize us..but in the end "love will conquer hate".

From ITB Agency

@Intl_Playboy Hello, Istanbul is no longer happening.

So no Izmir date either? They would probably mention it if another possible date was being planned. Well, too bad, but some clarity at last.

Back
Top Bottom