Morrissey Central "I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD" (August 23, 2020)

I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD

“Following a stroke, her recovery was remarkable.
She had three extensive head-to-toe examinations by the NHS who could find nothing amiss.
Four days following the third all-clear examination I was told that my mother had three weeks to live.
Nine days later she had withered and died without any attempt by the NHS to save her life.
Once the NHS waves you off with paracetamol, get ready to meet your maker.
The official cause of my mother’s death was not the trendy and unquestionable “covid” - but, instead, cancer of the gallbladder … which had gone undetected by the NHS during their three thorough investigations.
How I wish to all gods that my mother had expressed no faith in the NHS.
She might still be alive today.”

Morrissey
23 August 2020.

Untitled_b47und.jpg

Media item:

He isn't offering a constructive discussion regarding any limitations that the NHS may or does have. He's grieving, but he is also being the woe-is-i, no-one-has-it-as-bad-as-i-do person that is agreeable in art, but not so when they're lashing out. And, as I said at the start of this, to lash out at the NHS is not going to win any widespread plaudits.

The Morrissey of the 80s and 90s would know this. The one that ran off to LA, then Rome and finally a Swiss mansion is not the same person, and fleeting visits to Bowdon to see his now sadly departed mother is not enough time to keep your finger on the pulse of the wider British public. I thought it was a tad overbearing and cringeworthy, but the support for NHS during the last six months is a testament to the reverence to which we hold the NHS.

Also, "trendy COVID" - do f*** off.

The Tories will be absolutely delighted with that reverence if it stops anyone asking why the NHS knowingly put patients with Covid into care homes. I guess good wee 80s Moz wouldn't have questioned that. 🙄

We ulltimately agree. My point is that the NHS is a pretty dodgy target for a persona non grata like Morrissey. You'll have the usual absolute nutjobs on here who'll completely change their mind and attack the Health Service because the guy who sang Girlfriend in a Coma has done it first. But in the long run, it's not a good look.

A dodgy target? Not if you've had extensive involvement with them and know that their supposed "god-like" status as the bastion of Britain is a bit of a facade.

A dodgy target? Not if you've had extensive involvement with them and know that their supposed "god-like" status as the bastion of Britain is a bit of a facade.
Yeah but you're an awful, awful Tory so your opinion on this matter counts for very little.

the higher earners pay their 40/45/60% marginal tax rates to pay for others' NHS provision as well as their own private medical. then the left scream 'tax the rich more!'....
And who really works to earn that money for the high earners?

What a complete pile of sh***

An elderly woman became ill a matter of weeks ago and was then eventually diagnosed with a very difficult type of cancer that most people never survive.

Then the asylum doors have been opened and everyone is suggesting he sue the NHS or that the NHS are to blame or are comparing it to medical negligence examples they know.

STOP

This is not negligence, it is not an issue with the NHS.

It is CANCER. CANCER is horrific.

Every 2 minutes in the UK someone is diagnosed with cancer. 1 in 2 people will at some point in their lives get cancer.

Some are treatable with good survival rates, some are not, and some are treatable but with very poor survival rates.

This type of cancer has very poor survival rates and then only if detected early. This wasn't detected early because the tests and illness by the sounds of it only started a matter of weeks ago. Most people do not know they have it until it is too late.

The highest mortality rates for this cancer are in women aged 80-85.
The survival rate is 15% if detected very early
The majority of those that survive are in the 15-49 age group.
In the female 70-89 age group the survival rate drops to less than 10% with early detection.

There is no healthcare provider anywhere in the world that routinely carries out MRI scans for the whole population as a means of early detection. There are risks to having those scans and obviously no one can afford that and even in the states under an insurance based system no insurance company would ever pay for such a proactive means of dealing with cancer detection.

We ulltimately agree. My point is that the NHS is a pretty dodgy target for a persona non grata like Morrissey. You'll have the usual absolute nutjobs on here who'll completely change their mind and attack the Health Service because the guy who sang Girlfriend in a Coma has done it first. But in the long run, it's not a good look.

He's only targeting what he's experienced & it's not really going to make his problems worse at this stage.

I found a 2013 review of his autobiography hating him for being a sour leftie & for saying the Krays were misunderstood. Did he say that???

20200822_231620.jpg

perfectly put

The Tories will be absolutely delighted with that reverence if it stops anyone asking why the NHS knowingly put patients with Covid into care homes. I guess good wee 80s Moz wouldn't have questioned that. 🙄

she wan't in a care home

This has absolutely nothing to do with what was posted by Morrissey. He never once suggested it was related to how old she was and has nothing to do with a care home.

You are digressing

The Irish Hare. 🙄

He's not made an accusation as such. He's said they didn't find it, then when they did find it they didn't treat it & his mother accepted their decisions & he wishes she hadn't.
that is not what he is saying. you either have trouble deciphering meaning in writing or you think you're clever enough to spin it without making both yourself and morrissey look like utter dolts. his issue is that they didnt spot the cancer after three examinations--THATS WHY that part has been bolded: he is aghast that after three examinations they didnt find it. okay? you good?

now consider that morrissey isnt deluded enough to believe that if his mother had gotten treatment in the nine days after the cancer had been detected she would still be alive then that throws out your whole idea that morrissey simply wishes his mother hadnt "accepted their decisions". what morrissey is saying is that he wishes his mother, if she had not had the faith in the nhs that she had, had gone elsewhere because someone who isnt part of the nhs might have detected the cancer sooner than the nhs had and she therefore might have received treatment in time. it is very much an accusation of negligence against the nhs.

I'm not a Tory but whoever you vote for, eventually you'll be involved with them. Either you or your parents and both at some stage........you'll find out one day.

I have had close involvements with the NHS on many occasions and they saved me and several people I know and treated my parents who both died of cancer with professionalism and am forever thankful to them.

There is nothing in the NHS that would be done better through higher pay, running it like a business and by linking to profiteering insurance and pharmaceutical multinational control.

This is completely evident when looking at the US

He's only targeting what he's experienced & it's not really going to make his problems worse at this stage.

I found a 2013 review of his autobiography hating him for being a sour leftie & for saying the Krays were misunderstood. Did he say that???

View attachment 58621

not comparable and completely irrelevant

that is not what he is saying. you either have trouble deciphering meaning in writing or you think you're clever enough to spin it without making both yourself and morrissey look like utter dolts. his issue is that they didnt spot the cancer after three examinations--THATS WHY that part has been bolded: he is aghast that after three examinations they didnt find it. okay? you good?

now consider that morrissey isnt deluded enough to believe that if his mother had gotten treatment in the nine days after the cancer had been detected she would still be alive then that throws out your whole idea that morrissey simply wishes his mother hadnt "accepted their decisions". what morrissey is saying is that he wishes his mother, if she had not had the faith in the nhs that she had, had gone elsewhere because someone who isnt part of the nhs might have detected the cancer sooner than the nhs had and she therefore might have received treatment in time. it is very much an accusation of negligence against the nhs.

You can get a second opinion ON the NHS. You can also query their care plan.

That is how it reads to me to and I guess to all the other on here claiming negligence.

View attachment 58621

I really don't know what you want from me with regards to this response. Sorry, I am not following?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom