I Am Not A Dog On A Chain = Techno Kill Uncle

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Is the title track reminding you of King Leer good?

King Leer is one of my favourites but I’ve seen loads of people say it’s one of his worst songs.

I don't think King Lear is a bad song, no. It had a very nice piano riff. But it would have been better with a little more energy in the vocal delivery. That's why for me, IANADOAC is better.

A strange track on KU for me was The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye. And I didn't like Found Found Found, it seemed totally out of place there.

The only thing about dog on a chain that makes me think of king leer is that it’s maybe vaguely in the same sorta style. To me it makes me think of bona drag because of the variety coupled with its consistency. I thought he had a lot of swagger here and his vocals have been reflecting that. His public fight seems to have really inspired him

Morrissey is usually better when he feels some strong emotions (be it love or hate) and / or when he is determined to prove that he's still a capable and relevant artist. I agree with you that the ups and downs inspire him, and that a smooth ride would make hm complacent. But that's just my opinion.

Can you imagine if 'Jim Jim Falls' had been the lead single off Kill Uncle in 1991? Probably would've been his first Number One single.

I don't think King Lear is a bad song, no. It had a very nice piano riff. But it would have been better with a little more energy in the vocal delivery. That's why for me, IANADOAC is better.

A strange track on KU for me was The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye. And I didn't like Found Found Found, it seemed totally out of place there.

When Kill Uncle came out I didn't like The Harsh Truth of the camera eye and (immediately) wrote it off and skipped it on play back but it's one of those songs, just like King Leer, that I now adore.

Actually I think that outlines my relationship with kill uncle as an album!

Back
Top Bottom