I am being a bit thick or wot??

everydayslikesunday

I saw this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMITHS-WHITE-...md=ViewItem&pt=UK_Records&hash=item45f401c6a7

Which is a little strange because RTT165 isn't a Smiths matrix number, but a 12" by The Woodentops called Move Me (of course I had to look that up :p)
Which suggests it's a typo error and it should read RTT156 which of course is the Heaven Knows number, but then what is ' RIP KINGWOOD X GO STEADY, all about?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's the wooden tops. Not a rare Smiths record.

I suspect that the dealer hasn't played it. He / she has googled the wrong catalogue number, or been sold a duff white label by someone else.

Look at all the other records they have for sale a real mixed bag - they haven't time to listen to them they just stick them on ebay as soon as they get hold of them.

Dave

Just following this up... have you seen the extra info?
MANY APOLOGIES ON THIS ONE , NOT THE SMITHS AS I WAS LED TO BELIEVE BUT
MOVE ME / DO IT ANYWAY AND STEADY STEADY
BY THE WOODENTOPS .

I wonder if the bidder has gone through with the deal?

Dave

It sounds like the seller is being genuine? Easily done I guess?

You can't really miss this new admission so perhaps the bidder was after a Woodentops white label after all?

I wonder if the bidder has gone through with the deal?

Dave

The only bid which had been placed was retracted. Consequently, the item did not sell.

The only bid which had been placed was retracted. Consequently, the item did not sell.

The auction ended at 21:40 on the 24th. 12 hours after I posed the question. I assume the bidder was a solo-er that read my public service announcement :)

Dave

I assume the bidder was a solo-er that read my public service announcement :)

Dave

Perhaps that bidder just read the item description which the seller changed some five days before your gentle tone of kindness. :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom