How people misjudge The Smiths and Morrissey! I have to get this out to all my Mozzers and Smitheys!

T

ThisCharmingGirl

Hi guys,
Ok here goes..........brace yourself cause TCG is gunna share her opinion! LOL! Ok I was on the phone with me m8 Jay the other night and we were talking about the kinda music we liked well I told him that I listened to The Smiths and the Cure etc etc well.........he then says"Candace that's suicide music! You listen to that it''ll drive you over the edge!". Suicide music??!?!?!?! I bloody well think not!!!!!!!!!!!! The Smiths aren't "Suicide music" if people would just bloody listen to what Moz is talking bout then those noarrow minded sheep would think different! Ha! There ya go. Cool if ya agree with me........if not well.....piss off!
Sincerly,
This CharmingGirl

Re: How people misjudge The Smiths and Morrissey! I have to get this out to all my Mozzers and Smith

This CharmingGirl,
I agree with you but aren't you preaching to the converted here. Your 'friend' as probably never listened to a Smiths/Moz record, do 'em a favour & buy them a cd for x-mas! (not the cure though - that's suicide music) LOL.
Merry X-mas
Grim O'Grady

Re: How people misjudge The Smiths and Morrissey! I have to get this out to all my Mozzers and Smith

Agreed, TCG. Where others hear maudlin depression in the music of The Smiths, I hear razor sharp wit and dry Northern humour. And for every "Asleep" there is always a "Frankly Mr. Shankly". It annoys me when people say this about The Cure too .... sure, they've made some depressing albums ("Faith" and "Porography", for example) but they've also dressed up in Teddy Bear suits and sung "Just Like Heaven".

Merry Christmas everyone,

SimplyThrilledHoney

The Cure

> (not the cure though - that's
> suicide music) LOL.
> Merry X-mas
> Grim O'Grady

Hey, I've listened to The Cure since 1983 and haven't attempted suicide yet!!

> Hi guys,
> Ok here goes..........brace yourself cause TCG is gunna share her opinion!
> LOL! Ok I was on the phone with me m8 Jay the other night and we were
> talking about the kinda music we liked well I told him that I listened to
> The Smiths and the Cure etc etc well.........he then says"Candace
> that's suicide music! You listen to that it''ll drive you over the
> edge!". Suicide music??!?!?!?! I bloody well think not!!!!!!!!!!!!
> The Smiths aren't "Suicide music" if people would just bloody
> listen to what Moz is talking bout then those noarrow minded sheep would
> think different! Ha! There ya go. Cool if ya agree with me........if not
> well.....piss off!
> Sincerly,
> This CharmingGirl

"Asleep" is the only song that could be called suicide music. Most of their songs cheer you up!

> "Asleep" is the only song that could be called suicide music.
> Most of their songs cheer you up!

I'd add "I Know It's Over" (esp. the version on "Rank"), but yeah, I agree. The sad ones are in the minority. Some people just hear what they want to hear, though. A lot of people I know just say "oh, that's kill-yourlsef-music" without even having heard The Smiths/Moz.

Back
Top Bottom