How many of you are vegetarians?

My good friend was a vegetarian for about the same amount of time and woke up one day and decided he wanted salami. That was it, salami. He couldn't explain it or rationalize or lament, he just switched. So if the point is "Am I alone?" then no, you definitely are not.

No no - you misunderstand! I REALLY need to know if this has happened to anyone else? I'm not looking for sympathy or anything - I just want to know if anyone else has know the same thing ... I was (and still am) a total Mozz fan .... but them it all went bacon.

Then............... why? You're obviously needing to tell................

As usual - the Mozz-bitches show up ... just confirmed my theory. It's just as well Morrissey is NOTHING like you people - take a look at yourselves ... shame is the name.

Are you implying he is like YOU, then?
I didn't know Moz one day woke up and ate meat for no reason. :lbf:

THANK YOU!!!! It was sausages and not for me - it was the ONLY thing my 2 year old would eat and she was VERY small .... hmmmm - I might be answering my own arguement here ...

My good friend was a vegetarian for about the same amount of time and woke up one day and decided he wanted salami. That was it, salami. He couldn't explain it or rationalize or lament, he just switched. So if the point is "Am I alone?" then no, you definitely are not.

Am not one, never will be. Doesn't mean I enjoy his music any less.

Sorry if that bothers other people.

No no - you misunderstand! I REALLY need to know if this has happened to anyone else? I'm not looking for sympathy or anything - I just want to know if anyone else has know the same thing ... I was (and still am) a total Mozz fan .... but them it all went bacon.

It happened to me.
I became a vegetarian when I was 15.
When I was 30, I woke up craving a hamburger...so I ate one. Then next day, I had the same craving.
I found out a few days later that I was pregnant.

Is not eating meat ALWAYS a cause of sense of humours being lost, or just in most cases?

I think to sense the humor it has to be there. Making a joke about suffering just because one doesn't care about suffering doesn't require others to recognize one's idiocy as wit.

It would be the same if I made a racist joke and then was offended when it wasn't well-received. It's easy to make a stupid comment but don't expect a round of applause for it.

I think to sense the humor it has to be there. Making a joke about suffering just because one doesn't care about suffering doesn't require others to recognize one's idiocy as wit.

It would be the same if I made a racist joke and then was offended when it wasn't well-received. It's easy to make a stupid comment but don't expect a round of applause for it.

...first one to mention Hitler get's a high five.

I haven't attacked a single meat eater, I have said how I feel without bringing anybody else into it. Why do you need to go on the attack and make a remark that you blatantly know is against my morality? That is a disgusting attitude to hold and I can only hope for your own sake that you will learn to allow others to live how they want to live.

Try looking up the word "joke" in the dictionary - it'll be about 100-or-so pages before the entry for over-reaction.

Hmm, or maybe try to consider what you are saying and who you are saying it to, 'Thrupenny'. A little thought can make life a lot easier. Anyway that's me done, I just find this a frustrating place. Goodbye all and merry christmas x

For the vegetarians here... how many of you use wool and how many doesn't use it?
How many drink milk?

For those who don't use it and think you shouldn't use wool: If I became a vegetarian about a year ago, (still not 100% strict), should I throw away all woolly things?

For the vegetarians here... how many of you use wool and how many doesn't use it?
How many drink milk?

For those who don't use it and think you shouldn't use wool: If I became a vegetarian about a year ago, (still not 100% strict), should I throw away all woolly things?

I don't like wool anyway, but I am not going that far. If you have any fur you can donate it to orphaned animals. I don't think it is possible to not impact some living creature negatively. Farming is pretty violent to the animals and things that live in the earth that is being farmed. Think about the fields where cotton is grown. All you can do is the best you can, and try not to be too annoying about it. ;)

How many drink milk?

Maybe just keep them for now and see if you ever feel like wearing them, and how wearing them feels like?

As for me, I wear wool. I don't wear leather, but I have one pair of leather shoes that used to belong to my sister. It's my only real waterproof shoes and I wear them when it's really wet outside. I figure it's ok because I didn't buy them and my sister would have them thrown away a long time ago. On the other had, I wouldn't wear fur even if it was something my sister would get rid of anyway, because it's sticking out and I feel that just wearing it makes some kind of a statement.

I agree with Dave. I also think we have to find our own way of practicing our principles. Which is way I always try (and often fail ;)) not to judge other people for the way they live their lives.

Thanks for the replies.

I wear wool. I have two woollen caps bought in Madeira in 1996 that I wear during winter.
I have another woollen cap that is also a scarf (two-in-one). Bought that in Tallinn this past September.
I have a Suart Dress Tartan kilt (that one's at least 20 years) and a Douglas Tartan Plaid (got that for xmas this year). I'm a Scotophile.
I love sheep. They are cute and I like to scratch them under their chin.
I know, it's not logical. Shame on me!
I won't buy anymore.

In the attic I have an old (at least 60 years old) fur hand muff. That I got from my grandmother about 15 years ago. Now I find it disgusting but I'm going to keep it because it's old.

I most likely have some old leather boots/shoes. At least I have one red pair from March (they were on sale and the boots I had was taking in water and my feet were cold).
But this season I bought a new pair of none leather boots. They are warm, and I haven't used the ones I bought earlier.

I'm aware and I'm getting better.

heehee

Thanks for the replies.

I wear wool. I have two woollen caps bought in Madeira in 1996 that I wear during winter.
I have another woollen cap that is also a scarf (two-in-one). Bought that in Tallinn this past September.
I have a Suart Dress Tartan kilt (that one's at least 20 years) and a Douglas Tartan Plaid (got that for xmas this year). I'm a Scotophile.
I love sheep. They are cute and I like to scratch them under their chin.
I know, it's not logical. Shame on me!
I won't buy anymore.

In the attic I have an old (at least 60 years old) fur hand muff. That I got from my grandmother about 15 years ago. Now I find it disgusting but I'm going to keep it because it's old.

I most likely have some old leather boots. At least I have one red pair from March (they were on sale and the boots I had was taking in water and my feet were cold).
But this season I bought a new pair of none leather boots. They are warm, and I haven't used the ones I bought earlier.

I'm aware and I'm getting better.

I'd suggest 'stroke' sheep rather than scratch. :cool:

Tags
*check out the b12 deficiency dsitehatesu2 flax is god flax is sexy ihatethissite ii do too just one of me killmeat meat is dinner meat is murder meat stick mmm chicken veggie brigade
Back
Top Bottom