How do you think 2020 will pan out for Morrissey?

How do you think will 2020 pan out for SP Morrissey?

• Total voters
What are you , 12? We’re grown ups, nobody lies or talks spite for the sake of it, (at least I don’t). If it’s shit it’s shit, if it’s good it’s good. What’s anyone got to gain by giving a dishonest opinion ? It’s you lot, the lunatic fringe that are in denial and praise everything he ever does, even tho some of it is undeniably wank. I WANT a great album to listen to! I wanna rave about it and listen with a “MOZ IS BACK!” smile on my face, not just endure it out of loyalty. The last 3 have been awful! Really bad!

Well, I’ll be surprised if you will like the new album. If you didn’t care for the last two. Same band and recorded during or right after CS I can’t imagine it being much different.

I hope I’m wrong and that there will be some changes in direction. The duet sounds hopeful and I liked ‘I thought you were dead’ and maybe the band got some inspiration recording some of these covers on CS and brought that over into the next new album.

I don’t know why he jumped immediately into recording new songs,
guess he had them and struck while the iron was hot, but I was wishing he would have taken a break to clear his head and let the dust settle from the
media backlash, don’t know, maybe with some time there would have been more of a chance that a new album would have the possibility to go in a different direction from the last two at least.

Well, we’ll see.

If it were me I would sit on the release until late spring - go back in the studio in January and record 3 or 4 sexy new songs with prolific guest players - play a half dozen theater shows in Europe in Feb and March. Then release the new record with new artwork, track arrangement etc in May. Between now and May - find an digital art director to turn M-Central into a REALLY well designed artist site w/ full integration of social and e-commerce.

But what do I know. I only am the mastermind of each and everyone one of Clapton's sell out comeback tours. :)

Well, I’ll be surprised if you will like the new album. If you didn’t care for the last two. Same band and recorded during or right after CS I can’t imagine it being much different.

I hope I’m wrong and that there will be some changes in direction. The duet sounds hopeful and I liked ‘I thought you were dead’ and maybe the band got some inspiration recording some of these covers on CS and brought that over into the next new album.

guess he had them and struck while the iron was hot, but I was wishing he would have taken a break to clear his head and let the dust settle from the
media backlash, don’t know, maybe with some time there would have been more of a chance that a new album would have the possibility to go in a different direction from the last two at least.

Well, we’ll see.

My read on Morrissey is that if he had a steady relationship with a record company, any record company, he would be recording all the time, releasing an album every two years or so. Because if you look at his career all the way from The Smiths debut, all breaks between albums longer than two years are because of record companies or of Morrissey not having a record contract. Even Years Of Refusal would have come out in 2008, if the company had not pushed it back against his will.

I for one am glad that he's now striking when the iron is hot -- meaning that he has a record company willing to release his music. Doing California Son can't have taxed him too much, because he didn't write those songs. Choosing and singing your favourite songs -- how hard work that is? He has entered his sixties and doesn't seem to live all that healthily, so good for him to record and play live as long as he can.

My read on Morrissey is that if he had a steady relationship with a record company, any record company, he would be recording all the time, releasing an album every two years or so. Because if you look at his career all the way from The Smiths debut, all breaks between albums longer than two years are because of record companies or of Morrissey not having a record contract. Even Years Of Refusal would have come out in 2008, if the company had not pushed it back against his will.

I for one am glad that he's now striking when the iron is hot -- meaning that he has a record company willing to release his music. Doing California Son can't have taxed him too much, because he didn't write those songs. Choosing and singing your favourite songs -- how hard work that is? He has entered his sixties and doesn't seem to live all that healthily, so good for him to record and play live as long as he can.

Agree. Your right, it was only covers. So it’s not surprising that he would be writing and have songs.

And of course I’m glad that he has the songs and a label to release them.

Just felt a break would have given him a new head space to write from, after the past two years or so of the media’s treatment of him. Or maybe he finds it inspiring? don’t know.

“doesn't seem to live all that healthily”
How do you come to that conclusion?

“doesn't seem to live all that healthily”
How do you come to that conclusion?

Well, if his diet really is just bread, pizza and chips, with no fruit or vegetables; that's not very healthy. Don't know how much he drinks, but the idea of him working out or doing any kind of sports is absurd, so all in all that's not very good for a man of his age, especially one prone to depression.

Well, we’ll see.

He didn't really jump that quickly into recording that many songs.
LIHS was his first album ever not to come with extra songs through either b-sides on its singles or an extended/deluxe version. Quite a few more songs were written for its sessions than were released. All that happened was just a relatively small batch of extra songs were recorded, and even that was nearly two years after the LIHS recording sessions, so it's not such a big deal really.

What are you , 12? We’re grown ups, nobody lies or talks spite for the sake of it, (at least I don’t). If it’s shit it’s shit, if it’s good it’s good. What’s anyone got to gain by giving a dishonest opinion ? It’s you lot, the lunatic fringe that are in denial and praise everything he ever does, even tho some of it is undeniably wank. I WANT a great album to listen to! I wanna rave about it and listen with a “MOZ IS BACK!” smile on my face, not just endure it out of loyalty. The last 3 have been awful! Really bad!

Hmm, not entirely true this, is it? Look at the results of this poll.
Most people think the best we can hope for is that the new album will be OK. No-one thinks it will be brilliant, and many of us think it will be pretty rubbish with only the odd decent song.

Well, if his diet really is just bread, pizza and chips, with no fruit or vegetables; that's not very healthy. Don't know how much he drinks, but the idea of him working out or doing any kind of sports is absurd, so all in all that's not very good for a man of his age, especially one prone to depression.

Yeah, I don’t know. I think he exaggerates a bit in interviews. I’m guessing he does eat enough fruits and veggies, even if it’s not his first choice.

Just asked, because people seem to judge his health by looking at photos, but no one takes into consideration genes and the way one handles stress, so it’s not all just down to diet. Would be interesting to see recent photos of both parents.

But back on topic... I wouldn’t be surprised if people don’t like the new album if they already don’t care for his last two or three.

Hmm, not entirely true this, is it? Look at the results of this poll.
Most people think the best we can hope for is that the new album will be OK. No-one thinks it will be brilliant, and many of us think it will be pretty rubbish with only the odd decent song.

I think it will be shit too

He didn't really jump that quickly into recording that many songs.
LIHS was his first album ever not to come with extra songs through either b-sides on its singles or an extended/deluxe version. Quite a few more songs were written for its sessions than were released. All that happened was just a relatively small batch of extra songs were recorded, and even that was nearly two years after the LIHS recording sessions, so it's not such a big deal really.

Yes agree, I didn’t take into consideration that CS was just cover songs. So it wouldn’t be overly taxing on him to have new songs and record them.

If it were me I would sit on the release until late spring - go back in the studio in January and record 3 or 4 sexy new songs with prolific guest players - play a half dozen theater shows in Europe in Feb and March. Then release the new record with new artwork, track arrangement etc in May. Between now and May - find an digital art director to turn M-Central into a REALLY well designed artist site w/ full integration of social and e-commerce.

But what do I know. I only am the mastermind of each and everyone one of Clapton's sell out comeback tours. :)

I think you're taking what he says too straightforwardly. He's prone to hyperbole.
He said to Dermot, if I remember correctly, that he eats fruit and muesli.
Considering that both his parents are still alive (good genes) and the fact that vegans have a lower all-cause mortality rate in general, I think Moz will be alright for at least another 30 years.

He'll dump Damon for a blonde swedish young man named Sven Bertil Fagersjö. SBF will not only be his BFF but also confirm that Moz is a cougar.

But Moz will share custody of Viola with Damon the baby daddy of course.

I also think he was just being flippant about his diet. My wife and I went to one of the q&a sessions that Gustavo hosted after a showing of 25 Live in Austin, Texas. One of the questions that he was asked by an audience member was what Moz’s favorite foods were and Gus said Moz does love pizza and pasta but also salad, steamed broccoli, and lentil soup. That doesn’t sound too bad! This was 2013, so I don’t know what changed for better or worse since.

Last edited:
I also think he was just being flippant about his diet. My wife and I went to one of the q&a sessions that Gustavo hosted after a showing of 25 Live in Austin, Texas. One of the questions that he was asked by an audience member was what Moz’s favorite foods were and Gus said Moz does love pizza and pasta but also salad, steamed broccoli, and lentil soup. That doesn’t sound too bad! This was 2013, so I don’t know what changed for better or worse since.

Interesting! You should write the next edition of Mozipedia, I think

Back
Top Bottom