Houston White Oak show - now postponed until October 28, 2019

Show has been postponed till oct 28th no reason given yet. Uuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh

From White Oak FB (see full FAQ posted by Famous when dead in comments):

"Well this really sucks. We've been working through the weather to make this show happen & just learned Morrissey and Interpol will not be playing tonight. Here’s the deal — the entire show is postponed until October 28th. Your ticket for tonight will be valid for the rescheduled date.

We know there’s a lot of questions here, so we hope this answers them:

Q. Wait...What’s going on?
A. From Moz --

"Due to complications from the extreme flood conditions in the Houston area, the Morrissey / Interpol concert set to take place tonight has been re-scheduled for Oct 28th.
It was determined to move the event in consideration and respect of the troubles that people in the area have recently encountered.
It is the group’s wishes that the rescheduled date can better serve all who would like to come to the event.
Morrissey’s team reached the decision after hearing that a number of ticket buyers were having issues attending tonight’s event, along with information of current road closures and other related problematic details.
The team would like to express their deepest apologies for any inconvenience to the fans.

Link to tweet posted by NealCassidy:

full

UPDATE Sep. 22:

Link posted by countthree:

Houston. - Morrissey Central

Due to complications from the extreme flood conditions in the Houston area, the Morrissey / Interpol concert due to take place tonight has been re-scheduled for October 28th. It was determined to move the event in consideration of the troubles people in the area have encountered this week. It is the group's wishes that the rescheduled date can better serve all who would like to come to the event. Morrissey's team reached the decision after hearing that a number of ticket buyers were having issues attending tonight's event, along with information of road closures and other related problematic details. All tickets originally purchased for September 21st will be honored on October 28th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you. I resigned in protest at a post David would not remove.

Isn't the truth more like at some point you turned on Moz, & moved to the dark side, & owing to your expressed views being incompatible with the definition of 'fan' & 'moderator' you were deemed unsuitable to perform the task?

Quick definition: moderator is a person whose role is to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion.

How could you ever have been considered suitable as a moderator, what with all the vile stuff you have posted, & continue to post, about Moz, on a site which (I think) is dedicated to Moz?

You clearly hate Moz but you still make appearances here, in all your various, multiple guises, spewing bile against him & those who love him. This site isn't called 'Morrissey-haters dot com' & people don't come here to read your sewage.

'Deranged' doesn't even cover it.

:disappointed:
Poor :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: hanging on to Chrissie for dear life. I guess she went to say one last goodbye to the poor twat.
Looks like they are in the hospital reception area.:expressionless:
DramaJ had no time to put on his horse tooth dentures.:sweat:

Very sad photo.:flushed:

So true, my heart goes out to them, and I originally posted and even started a thread of how the event probably would be postponed or canceled. And I waited and waited for the announcement but when you dont here anything you get your butt up and take it as the SHOW MUST GO ON, and get to the show so you dont lose out in seeing Morrissey (who rarely comes in this area) and of course the money. Even after phone calls and emails and watching social media saying show was on . Now when I say flooded streets I should have said streets that have dried up with standing water in there ditches and thats driving from 2 hours away from a area, hit harder than spot of venue which I'm sure everyone seen the picture of how dry it looked. So my point being Morrissey camp did a terrible job knowing the situation, hell he even commented in Austin about it, should of postponed Thursday or at least Friday for sure and not 1 hour before doors opened. Again all I lost was $20 in gas and time but that's nothing compared to people who houses are flooded especially after just fixing them up from hurricane Harvey's devastation, and some lost there vehicle. I'm agreeing with the postponement just not when they announced it. Note I did meet some terrific fans that were definitely dedicated to Morrissey, ....again. so the comment about the flooded streets you threw back at me is ridiculous. I bet if you had $700 tied up for show your ass would have been wading through the water.
You can drive a four hour round trip for $20 gas ? Wish I could do that
he made a miraculous recovery,i do it all the time,tell my mates im not going out only to be spotted in a pub with a woman a couple of hours later.
and that woman turns out to be les from Benidorm

I'll bet Morrissey would love to take Chrissie's place. He probably still dreams of Johnny's arms around him.

Morrissey is soooo tired of holding others up. All those people still hanging on to his famous coattails.

Chrissie is a trooper, puts on a good face, holding up that poor thing (former Smiths guitarist).

:cool:

I find it hilarious that a postponement concert would get more remarks than any other past concert on this latest tour....just amazing

Johnny begging Morrissey to get The Smiths back together so he (Johnny) could buy a bedpan.

:lbf:
With all this noise about Marr being ill, we should start a poll titled, who will pass first, Morrissey or Marr.
Reckon it will be Morrissey.
Morrissey, overweight, unfit, already had cancer, apparently drinks a lot of alcohol has Barrett’s oesophagus.
Marr, very fit runs 5k per day, doesn’t drink alcohol, not overweight and no history of illness

Last edited:
What's with all the morbidity? I wouldn't wish either of them to pass away tbh.

With all this noise about Marr being ill, we should start a poll titled, who will pass first, Morrissey or Marr.
Reckon it will be Morrissey.
Morrissey, overweight, unfit, already had cancer, apparently drinks a lot of alcohol has Barrett’s oesophagus.
Marr, very fit runs 5k per day, doesn’t drink alcohol, not overweight and no history of illness
Which death will be the bigger news event?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom