Haven't talked to my dad in a long time. totally dysfunctional fathers day Thread

don't mean to cheer up this thread or anything, but I just wanted to share that my dad came up from florida today. it was a surprise, I havent seen him in 4 years. so yeah, thats cool and stuff.
I am happy for you. :)

Is there a separate thread for dysfunctional thread to posts on?

If so, I'll just post here, since it will probably get merged with this one anyway.

I took my daughter to Tar Pits yesterday and she was misbehaving so I told her I would throw here in if she didn't behave. That did the trick.

Just thought I'd share.

I am happy for you. :)

thanks guys :)

Is there a separate thread for dysfunctional thread to posts on?

If so, I'll just post here, since it will probably get merged with this one anyway.

I took my daughter to Tar Pits yesterday and she was misbehaving so I told her I would throw here in if she didn't behave. That did the trick.

Just thought I'd share.

that's weird.

that is awesome, nugzie. did it go really well?

That is really nice to hear! :)

thanks guys. yes it was a nice surprise. :)

my dad gave me up for adoption when I was a baby, but I know he thought it was for the best, b/c neither he or my mom were capable of taking care of me. they were both young and not prepared. and although I don't see him much, I don't fault his decision. At least I was adopted by my grandparents, so I was still kept in my family.

You know what? f*** you, Superhans. f*** you straight to hell. You have no idea how bad it was. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
So you can kiss my ass.

You were the diet coke of evil.

2lijwuc.jpg

this thread inspired a long journal entry that i wont post here
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/~se repenti fort/journal/26685
:o
but basically to quickly recap the most important point;

don't wait, call today, if you can come to a more positive understanding with an estranged parent then do so now
you really do not know how much time there is for you to do this
and there is no harm in trying to connect but failing
especially if you were once close
dont be like me and wait too many years and find that time ran out :(

Last edited:
since this has been bumped, i just wanna take back what i said earlier. my dad acted like a total douche while he was here. wish he wouldve stayed in Florida.

dads suck.

the end. :cool:

since this has been bumped, i just wanna take back what i said earlier. my dad acted like a total douche while he was here. wish he wouldve stayed in Florida.

dads suck.

the end. :cool:

were you ever close
06.gif

mainly from the woman i know, i have surmised that many fathers have hard time connecting with their adult daughters :o
i am beginning to experience that with my mother i think :eek:
which makes me miss
tb2.jpg

Bob all the more :straightface:

were you ever close

eh. yes and no. when i was younger, we werent, but id talk to him on the phone cuz i had to. then around college age we started getting pretty close and we'd talk on the phone all the time. but the past year or so it hasnt really been like that, but it wasnt anything i did on purpose. we just had other stuff going on. but he never acted like a complete douche before. when he was here 4 years ago, i remember everything being fine. i dunno. whatever. :rolleyes:

Tags
bitterness </3 dads suck deadbeat dad missing moms ftw my parents rock superhans=sad wah wah wah wah
Back
Top Bottom