Have you ever got covered in biro ink and needed to get it off?

Franzanna

In retirement
I ask this because it happened to me today during physics. Four of my classmates started drawing all up my arms, so now both my arms are covered in (some rather obscene) comments and pictures. :(

I had to wear my cardigan for the rest of the day, even though I was really hot. The ink's still on, but it's going to take ages to scrub it all off, and some bits are on the inner sides of my arms. What do you suggest doing to get it off as quickly and painlessly as possible?

N.B. I have very sensitive skin.

Last edited:
I ask this because it happened to me today during physics. Four of my classmates started drawing all up my arms, so now both my arms are covered in (some rather obscene) comments and pictures. :(

I had to wear my cardigan for the rest of the day, even though I was really hot. The ink's still on, but it's going to take ages to scrub it all off, and some bits are on the inner sides of my arms. What do you suggest doing to get it off as quickly and painlessly as possible?

If you have a paint thinner you apply it on a cotton ball and wipe your arm?

A wire brush and some Dettol :)

Ponce that I am, I do calligraphy and often get blobs of ink all over me hands. I usually just scrub with soap and water and dry hard, as opposed to die hard.

Oooooh, no, I'm afraid that's a bad idea. I have very sensitive skin. It doesn't even like shower gel much, and I'm scared it will burn or something. :( Thanks anyway, though. :)

Or nail varnish remover .. maybe, I've never tried but I can only guess that they'd probably sting a lot. Scrubbing may be the only option. Edit: Oh sensitive skin ... lots of soap and water?

Nothing like this ever happens at college. :tears::p *reminisces*

Biro ink usually contains a blend of glycols and dispersants. You won't be able to buy glycols in the shops, so the nearest think would be surgical spirit or Vodka. Best thing is to mix a little glycerine in it so you don't de-fat your skin too much.

Peter

dish detergent.. dawn, palmolive, joy, et cetera.. use your fingernails and it will pull the stuff right off

I checked yahoo, it says if you have athanol, mix with soap and wash.

I don't even know what athanol is. :tears: Is it Ethanol?

Biro ink usually contains a blend of glycols and dispersants. You won't be able to buy glycols in the shops, so the nearest think would be surgical spirit or Vodka. Best thing is to mix a little glycerine in it so you don't de-fat your skin too much.

Peter

I think that should be Professor Peter at the bottom. :p I don't know what glycerine is found in. :(

Thank you for your help, everyone! :)

I don't even know what athanol is. :tears: Is it Ethanol?

I think that should be Professor Peter at the bottom. :p I don't know what glycerine is found in. :(

Thank you for your help, everyone! :)

You can buy glycerine in any store - it's a cooking ingedient used in cakes and buns to keep them soft.

Peter

Peter

Peter, you're handy to have around. :p

POP QUIZ:

No cheating. What's the atomic weight of Fe?

I have made one discovery: water-soaked flannel does not work effectively or painlessly. :( I'll have to try soap next.

I just managed to scrub almost all of it off using shower gel, a flannel and the shower. Although there are still some bits of red left over arouns my wrist, and a faint flower on my upper arm. :(

Tags
hand sanitizer works
Back
Top Bottom