Good riddance to the News Of The World

anon x

A day for dancing in the street!
How Miss Rebekah Frizzy Ginge is still in
a job is beyond my comprehension.

Ding dong the wicked witch is DEAD!!!

Re: Good riddance?

Huh, just because it announced to shut down, nothing will be changed.

In few months time everything has been calmed down Murdoch will launch another tabloid identical to News of the World.

.....suppose I will never find the answer now to last weeks 12 across , in last weeks crossword......

As all the New of the World readers would struggle to spell any word longer than four letters, I'm guessing the crossword puzzle would be fairly simple :p

By the way dave, the answer you were stuck on, 12 across, a 4 legged animal that goes woof, is dog. Although I must admit that that one had me stuck for a few days :D

well looks like The Sun is just going have a sunday paper to take its place.....I don't get it! Doesn't EVERYONE at The Sun work for News Around The World too? It's the same bloody company!

The Sun and NOtW have different staff.

Seemingly,the Daily Mail (surprisingly quiet on the whole matter)
are top of the charts,phone hacking wise.
Wouldn't it be just delicious if they went too?
Mm mm

The Sun and NOtW have different staff.

Seemingly,the Daily Mail (surprisingly quiet on the whole matter)
are top of the charts,phone hacking wise.
Wouldn't it be just delicious if they went too?
Mm mm

Really? Ahh, I really did think they were the same group of people. my mistake. my mistake.
Daily Mail out of all people phone hacking?? Christ! I'd shut down their crappy paper any day.

It seems to me, that the whole thing should have been dealt with a lot earlier. The reluctance, by police and politicians, to properly investigate the allegations beforehand suggests it served their interests to sweep it under the carpet.
A mutually beneficial "Don't ask this and I won't tell that..." arrangement. Maybe.

John Holmes played News of The World by The Jam at the start of his 6 music show this afternoon - interspersed with clips of Cameron's speech and Brook's talk to the staff - well worth a listen http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b012gq2s

It ends with Cameron saying 'it's on my watch that the music stops' - nice touch

Dave

I hope the Daily Sport and Star go too. Mirror and The Sun not to much

I hope the Daily Sport and Star go too. Mirror and The Sun not to much

The Daily Sport went bust a couple of months ago. The Sunday edition was re-activated but it's days are surely numbered.

I know that they'll launch The Sun On Sunday before long but I'm still glad the name News Of The World is no more.

Don't worry about the now unemployed staff - life on the dole is a doddle, it said so in the NOTW.

I must admit, even though The Sun has really rubbish stories and almost completely all about celebrities and not much else. It does make good easy reading on the bus sometimes :)
I take it your not a fan of those sorts of papers?

specially page three, eh, Davie boy?.Nudge nudge wink wink say no more...

specially page three, eh, Davie boy?.Nudge nudge wink wink say no more...

hahahahaha! ohhh there was this page 3 girl I saw yesterday and apparently she lives not far away from me in Wales! Christ, I haven't seen her around yet! I'm keeping my eyes bloody open! :p

why dont they re-release news of the world-by the jam? someones missing a trick here!

Back
Top Bottom