Found this the other day

still I cling

silly note writer
(front)
scan0047-1.jpg

(back)
scan0049-1.jpg

This is a tiny booklet (4"x5 1/2") of cartoon drawings by an Atlanta comic artist from Atlanta named Martyn Cooper. He has included drawings of all of Morrissey's singles covers from 1989-1995. I thought it was pretty cool, except Moz's nose and eyes look weird. :) Not bad for two bucks, though.

It's a shame that no-one else has commented on this - it was quite an effort to scan it, I'd imagine!

It would thrill me to find something like this :)

I can imagine myself drawing all the album covers, just like that artist!

It makes Morrissey look like a snake. :straightface:

Is he not?

Only a coward blurs over the eyes. See: George Frederick Watts, and his cowardice (blonde) Ophelia.

My Ophelia is Celtic, brunette, penny-eyed, lovely...but not in 'real life'.

Anyway, she was surely prettier when dead than when contemplating death.

Contemplation, delay, hesitance, pusillanimity...such unattractive qualities. I prefer green to yellow. Envy is a feminine sin; cowardice masculine. But death isn't green.

Whatever.

It's a shame that no-one else has commented on this - it was quite an effort to scan it, I'd imagine!

It would thrill me to find something like this :)

I can imagine myself drawing all the album covers, just like that artist!

Thank you, then, for being the first :thumb: I was stupidly happy when I found it.

Yes, the eyes are weird, like I said. It gets even weirder in some of the pictures inside.

Is he not?

Only a coward blurs over the eyes. See: George Frederick Watts, and his cowardice (blonde) Ophelia.

My Ophelia is Celtic, brunette, penny-eyed, lovely...but not in 'real life'.

Our Lady literarilly brings to mind something I literally saw today. Ozzy. A double yellow headed Amazon parrot. He was smuggled here from Africa along with two girls (each have a broken wing) and in the process sustained an eye infection that left one eye blind. Here's Ozzy's good eye:

4778073687_3c8d1632c7.jpg

Here's Ozzy's bad eye, his blind eye:

4778073193_9958377428.jpg

He looks like a snake but he's not. He's a bird. It brings to mind a certain alchemical depiction of ourobouros, but of the winged variety. From Taschen, "The top snake is the cosmic spirit which brings everything to life, which also kills everything and takes all the figures of nature. To summarize: He is everything and also nothing."

4778709582_1212c4e0ae.jpg

When sun and moon join in harmony, they conquer the reptilian nature of matter and it's dark influence.

4778706474_759ba44290.jpg

Cooked birds conquering the snake.

4778708832_eba192c85c.jpg

Be careful of lightening.

4778705898_43b0618315.jpg

Suck on that flavored fat, muthaf***a. :angry:

I realize I said Africa. THe Amazon is in SOuth America but I must've made the mistake for a reason. :straightface: And I said "brings to mind" twice. I'm not a writer and a scab must've made me see all this when I was buying canary food for Jerry today at the bird store because I'm on sign strike. And I'm giving the bird to an invisible (cowardly) judge, I'd never do that to a real judge like a certain other dumdum in the news. I'm tired. Good night.

Back
Top Bottom