For those who have asked...Whatever Happened To Elian Gonzalez

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
Elian Gonzalez joins Cuba's youth Communists

The Cuban boy at the center of an international custody battle eight years ago has joined Cuba's Young Communist Union.

art.fidel.elian.afp.gi.jpg

President Fidel Castro, left, poses with Elian Gonzalez after a May Day demonstration in Havana in 2005.

Elian Gonzalez said he will never let down ex-President Fidel Castro and his brother Raul Castro, according to the Communist youth newspaper Juventud Rebelde.

Raul Castro succeeded Fidel as president earlier this year.

Now 14, Elian was 6 when his relatives in Miami, Florida, lost their fight to keep him in the United States and he was returned to Cuba in mid-2000 with his father.

Elian had survived a boating accident off the Florida coast that killed his mother, who was attempting to get to the U.S.

Juventud Rebelde says in its Sunday edition that the boy was among 18,000 people who joined the group Saturday.

Clay Aiken is the "Insemeniator"

Clay Aiken is the "Insemeniator"
hahaha

sorry i semi hijacked the thread.

in all seriousness,i would assume every youth in cuba must join,much like the hitler youth ,i still wouldnt be sure if he was an actual communist or not,but i would guess all must join.

hahaha

sorry i semi hijacked the thread.

in all seriousness,i would assume every youth in cuba must join,much like the hitler youth ,i still wouldnt be sure if he was an actual communist or not,but i would guess all must join.

Well if you had Janet Reno in a bunny suit trying to grab you....

Oh wait, that was South Park. Why do I often confuse South Park for reality? Maybe, because it's so much more interesting.

Anyway, I doubt Elian has pleasant memories of his stay in Florida, hence those could be sown into Anti-American sentiments quite easily.

Thinking of making this my new signature.

Only as long as it is as big as it is in the picture. I did have to scroll all the way to the right to reply to this. This may be the justification I needed to buy one of those giant screen mac desktops I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom