Fiona Dodwell: "Morrissey reflects on 'the horror of 2020' after departure from BMG" (November 17, 2020)

Morrissey reflects on 'the horror of 2020' after departure from BMG.

BMG should surely be begging for Morrissey's hand for every future release he will produce.
For there lies true diversity: committing, with loyalty, to an individual who thrives as completely himself in a sea of conformity.

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
November 18, 2020.
Now the topic of a Central post:
Update:
November 28, 2020.
Now a YouTube video:

I'm not sure that latter part is totally the case. Many people do stream Morrissey, but radio stations won't play his stuff so he has limited exposure.
In Buenos Aires if Moz and The Smiths themes pass,more than once i travel by taxi to my work delighting myself with The boy..and the more you ig...i even go to a vegan vegetarian bar that Smiths and Morrissey always pass by ,that's why i love so much that place.
When the bar reopened they played 2 songs Panic and Ganglord and there was another fan of Moz and we both reacted with smiles and talked about how great Moz is ,we were so happy!!!!😍😍😍😍

I agree. How is he expected to expand the audience base if he's never played on radio? DJs these days seem to be thicker than ever. I think Moz is as much a victim of overall dumbing down of music as much as political correctness. The sheep don't want to have to think. Just give them a beat with inane lyrics and expletives.
theres a radio 1 dj on my tv right now getting ready to eat every animal under the suns arseholes.im a non celebrity who will do anything to get on tv.
radio 1 djs used to be household names in the 60s and 70s, now they could pass you in the street and you would be none the wiser.

I'm worried. It took Peter a whole 10 minutes to reply to this post (which arrived at 5.59am). He must be ill. Imagine taking 10 minutes to respond to a post on a website concerning a singer you do not like. I hope it is nothing too serious...
Sounds like Covid 10 to me🤮
Yes he’s on the slide, that’s for sure

I don’t know, Mark Ronson did that ‘Stop me’ cover a decade or so back & there was godawful John Lewis (I think) advert with ‘Please, please, please’ & I didn’t notice it really raising his profile.

I’d like to be wrong though.

On that point, what is this current craze of getting some weedy voiced female singer covering classics for adverts? There was a New Order one recently, utterly awful. In my opinion.
its not a current craze,iv been moaning about this on here for about five years.

Nonsense. Can you guess how much money is actually spent on a recording to get it into the top 20 these days? A few thousand. That's it. Charts don't matter. You don't make your money on releases if you're of Morrissey's vintage these days, you make it by touring. And there ain't no tours.
:crazy:

TSwift and JBieber spend a thousand to get into the charts.:lbf:
Only the Melvis troll would post something stupider:mad:

In Buenos Aires if Moz and The Smiths themes pass,more than once i travel by taxi to my work delighting myself with The boy..and the more you ig...i even go to a vegan vegetarian bar that Smiths and Morrissey always pass by ,that's why i love so much that place.
When the bar reopened they played 2 songs Panic and Ganglord and there was another fan of Moz and we both reacted with smiles and talked about how great Moz is ,we were so happy!!!!😍😍😍😍
Nice story..... so basically you got your leg over🍆🍆 you make it sound so easy.....
mind you when I’m on the 🍻🍻in my city centre, and if I wear a moz, smiths shirt women flock to me like a moth to a flame.....

Go Buenos Aires!

The lack of interest in Morrissey isn't to do with his age. It's his small-minded bigotry.
A list of artists who have released albums on BMG this year.

Richard Marx
Greg Dulli
Boomtown Rats
KSI
Morrissey
Run the Jewels
Jason Mraz
Sparks
Jimmie Allen
Bush
Aloe Blacc
Roisin Murphy
Travis
Katie Melua
Kylie Minogue
McFly
Tim Minchin
Steps
Hollywood Undead

What's obvious from this is that it can't be Moz's age or his difficulty in getting playlisted on Radio 1 that has caused BMG to lose interest. But it also can't be a simple matter of not selling enough units.

IMO, the main factor is probably that he prices himself out. He wants to make albums that cost the label hundreds of thousands of dollars to produce and advertise. That's up to him, but it means the label is taking a massive risk, particularly given the general fall in his street-cred.

A list of artists who have released albums on BMG this year.

Richard Marx
Greg Dulli
Boomtown Rats
KSI
Morrissey
Run the Jewels
Jason Mraz
Sparks
Jimmie Allen
Bush
Aloe Blacc
Roisin Murphy
Travis
Katie Melua
Kylie Minogue
McFly
Tim Minchin
Steps
Hollywood Undead

What's obvious from this is that it can't be Moz's age or his difficulty in getting playlisted on Radio 1 that has caused BMG to lose interest. But it also can't be a simple matter of not selling enough units.

IMO, the main factor is probably that he prices himself out. He wants to make albums that cost the label hundreds of thousands of dollars to produce and advertise. That's up to him, but it means the label is taking a massive risk, particularly given the general fall in his street-cred.
Boomtown Rats? Where’s the strychnine?

There wasn't much reflection from Moz. No interview. Just her piece.
Are you a fan of Morrissey?

I was wondering why you are called Acton is it after the place Acton in London?

Drop the Neal Cassidy moniker, Fruitcake. It may have worked for you in highschool, before you laid yourself bare on here but it’s a travesty, at this point. You were never close to beatnik. ...and if you ever even read the books, you didn’t possess the wherewithal to grasp their meaning. Now you’re just spewing your pablum at the ether. Get some nourishment.
What are you going on about. Try English

Blacks?

dont get me started on billie eyelash,getting a bond theme at 18,mental.
Once the high water mark for stars, Bond themes are now less interesting than the music for John Lewis ads.

They are well on the way to becoming a laughing stock that established artists wouldn’t go near. Which partly explains why Eilish got the gig.

Fiona's article now a Central post entitled:

"WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE WORK IN THESE RECORD LABELS?"

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom