Favorite music producer

Boring I know but I'll go with George Martin for strawberry fields alone

Phil f***ING Spector! ...what a beautiful noise.:)

Actually I'll like to add one more. The guy who produced 'Everything She Wants' by George Michael. Man that news HURT like a MOFO!

Almost all Wham / George Michael songs were insane.

On Wikipedia it says George Michael produced 'Everything She Wants'. I'm not sure if he was a producer but if he was then hurts even more :(

This list has to include Chapman/Chinn. You might think every one of these songs is cheesy and I wouldn't argue, but I happen to like glam rock and disco. Pretty sure every one of these songs went to number one so I'm not sure why I feel I have to defend them, anyway, but I will. They're quirky and strange and they have a uniform stylistic vocabulary which comes through without overpowering the artists' original style, though that is debatable. The Sweet eventually decided they would rather not make top ten hits and went their own way, and I don't know what happened to The Knack. Blondie and Pat Benatar are still making records.
"From 1970 until 1978 Chapman and Chinn scored a run of hit singles. From 1973 to 1974 alone the pair had 19 hits in the Top 40 of the UK Singles Chart, including five number ones."

Back
Top Bottom