Fabio Lavino IG: Ringleaders photo outtake (April 10, 2020)

#ringleaderandtormentors i still remember the first phone call ...do you know PP Pasolini? The films #mammaroma ? #accattone ? I would like to take photos of my new album inspired by the locations of this films, we spent 2 months together making locations and then photos for the cover of the album and 5 singles, this was for me a great gift , a surprise that job often gives u, and #morrissey , Moz, was always special of immense kindness and complicity with all my staff, and work with them for his videos #photography #art #instagood #music #contrastophotographers

full

He's shared previously (see here for more examples).

33621299345_bf8a4dc5a4_b.jpg

Thanks to @joe frady

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos, especially the b/w shot - really interesting composition. I much prefer that to the hammy violinist one they ended up with (speaking as a violinist).

I really must say, I cannot emphasize this enough, that I really, really love Not A Dog.

An absolute stellar album.

His best solo effort yet.

Move over Vauxhall, there’s a new king in town!

I really must say, I cannot emphasize this enough, that I really, really love Not A Dog.

An absolute stellar album.

His best solo effort yet.

Move over Vauxhall, there’s a new king in town!

Indeed, so beautiful album, and the timing (considering current world) of this album is perfect.

For swiftness ~

Fab Moz Roma album

Probably, M.'s last significant pop photographic project. And his most concerted since Linder or Jake.

Perhaps inpsired by Roma. Or amore.

Personally, í love a bit of hammy fiddlin'... ;)

33238041620_29e7fcf91b_k.jpg

For swiftness ~

Fab Moz Roma album

Probably, M.'s last significant pop photographic project. And his most concerted since Linder or Jake.

You're right, Joe, there were some terrific shots taken around this time (hammy fiddling notwithstanding ;)). He was also conspicuously 'styled' around this time - although whether it was BY someone, or just that the glamour of Rome had rubbed off on him, who knows.

Personally, I think this is great; it would’ve made a better sleeve for the LP. I find Ringleader’s artwork to be the weakest of all Morrissey’s releases.

Perhaps for the rerelease?

That's not work, it's a camp bum fluff fannying about on a jolly.
Morrissey is forever a prat.

He's tried everything year after year to make himself appear great. The violin caper is laughable.
Failed utterly.

Personally, I think this is great; it would’ve made a better sleeve for the LP. I find Ringleader’s artwork to be the weakest of all Morrissey’s releases.

Perhaps for the rerelease?

It's one of those borderline ones where you don't know if he's being funny or has gone mad & thinks he's a violinist now.

I like the version in this thread better.

You're right, Joe, there were some terrific shots taken around this time (hammy fiddling notwithstanding ;)). He was also conspicuously 'styled' around this time - although whether it was BY someone, or just that the glamour of Rome had rubbed off on him, who knows.

Glamour of Rome, I think. It suited him. He seemed as if he might actually be happily in love with someone.

M looking for the sock monster,suppose washing machines need fed like the rest of us.

great pictures altogether. i love images of an embedded moz in diverse "location pictures".

Imagine if your a nonna hanging out your washing and out pops Moz...
Did he pay the person for using the beautiful clean washing he was appropriating for massive gain to his bank account?
I'd wager not.
Pilferer.

Funny I thought the same thing as from the left. Pasolini is he I suppose. Nice photos though I love the ringleader cover photo

For swiftness ~

Fab Moz Roma album

Always thought it was inspired by

“Humoresque” 1946

Ah, ok found this ...

“The picture of you holding the violin on the cover of Ringleader Of The Tormentors is brilliant! What was the inspiration for it?

Michelle
St. Louis, Missouri, USA

There is an American film from 1946 called "Humoresque" in which Oscar Levant holds up a copy of a magazine with John Garfield on the front playing the violin, as he does throughout the film. I thought the Garfield picture was so touching, so I tried to copy it. Interestingly, my right hand is cupped on the European version, but is straight on the US version."

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom