Exclusive Morrissey interview - Fiona Dodwell via Music-News.com (27 May, 2019)

Last edited by a moderator:
compare Marr's interview in the NME from today with "this" one. pmsl

I actually quite agree with this.
I dunno, its ace but I love his vocals on Nobody Loves Us and I've Changed My Plea To Guilty, well basically every Moz song except for Tweetie Pie which to me is a car crash of a song.

:straightface:

yes we know, Moz gives an interview, the twat :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: gotta hurry up and right away give one too.o_O
Moz makes a comment about the Theresa May, the the Dramatic one has to make a Theresa May comment too. Always the same with this DramaJ.
He continues to imitate Moz hoping something will go right in his lackluster career. Blinkered twat:lbf:

at least he is given some space to talk about what is really important to him. but i prefer interviews which are not mainly a defensive counter reaction to what is perceived as a deliberate misinterpretation but evolve independently from ideological polarisations and accusations. but that's exactly what the english-speaking media landscape looks like to me nowadays. i enjoyed reading the guardian regularly when i spent a year in england in the mid-90s, but i wouldn't now. in my eyes they have lost all credibility in this current mudslinging when they gave the new album only one star (out of 5 or 10?) in their review after he had refused to send them a review copy. even if you dont like the songs, the album definitely deserves more than that. just shows how grouchily determined they are to win this ideologically fixated skirmish. i can understand that morrissey probably feels that he constantly has to counterbalance these partial and small-minded journalistic effusions, but he should make sure that his creative space remains unspoilt by it, and that he maintains his authentic way of communicating with his large unbiased fan base. he should never focus on the bottom-feeders as they won't allow him the space to unfold his creativity but just want to position people they don't like as wrongdoers in their ideologically restricted worldviews.
well put lanterns,its like a fight the guardian will do anything not to lose.

at least he is given some space to talk about what is really important to him. but i prefer interviews which are not mainly a defensive counter reaction to what is perceived as a deliberate misinterpretation but evolve independently from ideological polarisations and accusations. but that's exactly what the english-speaking media landscape looks like to me nowadays. i enjoyed reading the guardian regularly when i spent a year in england in the mid-90s, but i wouldn't now. in my eyes they have lost all credibility in this current mudslinging when they gave the new album only one star (out of 5 or 10?) in their review after he had refused to send them a review copy. even if you dont like the songs, the album definitely deserves more than that. just shows how grouchily determined they are to win this ideologically fixated skirmish. i can understand that morrissey probably feels that he constantly has to counterbalance these partial and small-minded journalistic effusions, but he should make sure that his creative space remains unspoilt by it, and that he maintains his authentic way of communicating with his large unbiased fan base. he should never focus on the bottom-feeders as they won't allow him the space to unfold his creativity but just want to position people they don't like as wrongdoers in their ideologically restricted worldviews.

I know, but I meant something close to the Larry King interview... Of course, this girl can't emulate the atmosphere of a TV show... But I only mean the tone.

He sounds a lot happier in the last couple of years in interviews and at concerts. He's enjoying life , it makes me happy. He seemed miserable way back when.

I dunno, its ace but I love his vocals on Nobody Loves Us and I've Changed My Plea To Guilty, well basically every Moz song except for Tweetie Pie which to me is a car crash of a song.

Indeed, they are excellent vocal performances as well.

I think, though, at 59-going-on-60 when recorded, “It’s Over” is especially impressive for that reason. I think Morrissey surprised himself by pulling some of those notes off.

He's even better in interviews than on his records and again he says what I am thinking and feeling. I just wish the former fans who felt betrayed cause he did not share their political views would give up and leave this forum for good instead of making such fools of themselves.

You were wrong and you were cheated and he is never going to turn the coat and be your pal again.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom