Morrissey Central "ELVIS RICHARDSON MEETS CHARLIE PRESLEY" (January 13, 2021)

ELVIS RICHARDSON MEETS CHARLIE PRESLEY

IMG_0516_fo3a72.jpg

FWD.

Complete disagree about a potential Lisa Marie/Morrissey dream wedding but very good point about Elvis' roots.

He definitely experienced poverty on a very different scale than Morrissey, something that probably contributed to his tendency for unrestraint self-indulgence and luxury.

Complete disagree about a potential Lisa Marie/Morrissey dream wedding but very good point about Elvis' roots.

He definitely experienced poverty on a very different scale than Morrissey, something that probably contributed to his tendency for unrestraint self-indulgence and luxury.

Priscilla told an anecdote about Elvis seeing a shop full of kitsch furniture, laughing about how kitsch it was & then buying the lot for Graceland.

His taste in luxury might have been ironic.

Priscilla told an anecdote about Elvis seeing a shop full of kitsch furniture, laughing about how kitsch it was & then buying the lot for Graceland.

His taste in luxury might have been ironic.
Possibly. It's still a form of excess and sign of a lack of restraint.

Maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part about anything romantic. I really want to see Morrissey and Lisa Marie Presley happy. I wish they could become friends with each other they might have some things in common. Morrissey has his own money, fame and successful career so he isn't a threat in that way.

Lisa Marie Presley dated and married a man around 10 years older than her before Michael Jackson.

Lisa Marie Presley has been through so much in her life. Her father Elvis loved her so much he would do anything for her.

Lisa has suffered with depression and grief so Morrissey could relate to her in that way.

Yes, you are right Elvis Presley came from real poverty. Elvis was born in 1935 a long time ago now. In the 1930s there was the Depression and a lot of unemployment.

Elvis Presley's family worshiped at the "First Assembly of God" church which is Pentecostal, Charismatic and evangelical. They sometimes call them "Holy Rollers" that style of worship.

I would of thought growing up in the 1930s in very bad poverty in America's Deep South which can get very hot but there are also bad storms hurricanes there sometimes. Is very different to suburban Manchester a working-class city in the cold in the North of England in the 1960s and 1970s.

In the Deep South they care about Christianity and traditional values. It is America's great Bible-belt. Music is very important too. I love the Southern accent, the Southern charm and Southern hospitality.

I know that Elvis was very concerned about the Hippie counterculture which had started to grow from the late 1960s. Elvis was patriotic he loved the USA with passion. Elvis didn't approve of the illegal drug culture. Elvis might of been worried about communist Russia. Elvis wasn't particularly political at least not in public but I think he voted for JFK. Elvis met President Richard Nixon and some of the other American Presidents. I think Elvis was critical of The Beatles in some ways but he also recorded some of their songs. The Beatles were more from Morrissey's part of the world.

Elvis started reading about the New Age in later life. Maybe he was searching spiritually but I think he was still a Christian. He started studying martial arts. He didn't like Scientology. Elvis seems more spiritual than Morrissey. I heard that Elvis had healing gifts.

Elvis didn't travel that much outside of the USA partly because of his manager Tom Parker. Elvis was in the USA army in Germany. Morrissey travels all the time and he changes managers quite a bit and he wasn't in the army.

It is strange both that Morrissey and Elvis Presley have connections with LA California Hollywood and stuff. They both had houses out there. Also Las Vegas is another place they both have connections with. They both have a connection with Nancy Sinatra.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom