Elvis Costello on Morrissey album sleeve?

fess

I pretty much joined up just to ask this question, because I heard that there was a photo of Elvis Costello on a Morrissey or a Smiths sleeve...I love both artists and I feel that there are some similarities between them... Anyway, can anyone here tell me if that is true, and if so is there a picture of it somewhere? I think it might be from a single...because otherwise I think I would've seen it. thanks.

btw I just saw Morrissey this summer and it was great!

Anyway, can anyone here tell me if that is true

It isn't. Elvis Presley is on the sleeve of "Shoplifters Of The World Unite".

Elvis Costello said this about Morrissey:

"Take Morrissey. For me, he’s been singing the same tune for 20 years. I just don’t get it. But he’s clearly an interesting character and means a lot to people. He seems to be of a disposition that is very sensitive to criticism and therefore it’s appropriately English that he becomes cherished in that kind of Frankie Howard, Tony Hancock way. Those who are fragile, who need to be cosseted, maybe their shortcomings or their excellence in their field is then woven into the fabric along with Albert Tatlock and Hobnobs.”

It isn't. Elvis Presley is on the sleeve of "Shoplifters Of The World Unite".

Elvis Costello said this about Morrissey:

". Albert Tatlock and Hobnobs.”
Great name for Morrissey's retiral album

Great name for Morrissey's retiral album

Haha! It does have a Morrissey ring to it...

For some reason when I say that title in my mind all I can hear is Paul Heaton singing, "Albert Steptoe in 'Gone with the Breeze'/Mother played by Peter Beardsley, father by John Cleese"

Last edited:
200px-Shoplifterssmiths.gif

elvis has left the building

elvis costello means so much to so many senior level desk jockeys its unbelievable. it really is. his wifes no nina simone i tell ya.

howsabout a kevin rowland appreciation threD?

howsabout a kevin rowland appreciation threD?

It's a definite green light from me. It will not be complete without a pic of him in his Primark lady's undercrackers though.

awesome thanks for clearing that up

I think costello and morrissey have a few things in common like

1. unique voices
2. dark subject matter
3. racism allegations(that aren't true in both cases)
4. a really devoted fanbase
5. the fact that many people don't like their work...which doesn't make any sense to the really devoted fanbase

awesome thanks for clearing that up

I think costello and morrissey have a few things in common like

1. unique voices
2. dark subject matter
3. racism allegations(that aren't true in both cases)
4. a really devoted fanbase
5. the fact that many people don't like their work...which doesn't make any sense to the really devoted fanbase

here is one thing morrissey and elvis costello do not have in common:

1) their chins. elvis costello has a chin that could give my surrogate hamster boomers chin a run in the wheel for the monies. mr moz has a chin that beyonce sit her ass on . nice.

i think PINK should beat Elvis Costello up in a celebrity death match.
and i think she should be naked and shaven and oiled up while doing it. god shes hot.

eeeeeeeeeewwwwww! I hope Beyonce will keep that nasty thing away from Morrissey's chin. :D

i tried to get into costello once upon a time and it never worked. maybe he is just too normal. there is no mystery behind him.

Back
Top Bottom