Elvis Costello on Morrissey album sleeve?

elvis costello is a spent force , i think his bacharach covers album was the nail in the coffin

Elvis has never made an album of Bacharach covers.
I guess you were meaning "Painted From Memory" all new songs co written with Bacharach and one of my all time favourite albums.

I go through periods of liking Elvis MUCH more than Moz and vice versa.
At the moment,Moz is winning partly due to Elvis's last album with Allen Toussaint which i hated.

As live performers,they're pretty much neck and neck with Elvis winning by a slight head.
I do like the fact that Elvis changes musical direction so frequently and doesn't mind messing around with his back catalogue live.

elvis costello means so much to so many senior level desk jockeys its unbelievable. it really is. his wifes no nina simone i tell ya.

howsabout a kevin rowland appreciation threD?

I went up to London today (the Royal Observatory at Greenwich, to be precise, very nice if you like that sort of thing) and listened to the unfairly derided and really rather excellent My Beauty on the way. Now that is a great and moving album imo. I remember a story of a furious Noel Gallagher confronting Alan McGee over that album, which is a bit rich as My Beauty has more heart, soul and love than any Beatles-lite Oasis tripe ever achieved.

On the way I thought how nice it would be to bump into Kevin Rowland and tell him of my love for that final, career ending work as well as the rest of his canon. It may have tanked at the time but it lives on on my iPod, whereas Oasis are entirely absent and are very likely to remain so.

I really rather excellent My Beauty . Now that is a great and moving album imo.

On the way I thought how nice it would be to bump into Kevin Rowland and tell him of my love for that final, career ending work as well as the rest of his canon. .

At last! Another person who appreciates just how great My Beauty is.
All my friends hate it
It is one of my all time fav albums:truly moving
In fact when it came out i was so overwhelmed by it I did write off a letter to KR (had never done that before to any artist) to say thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not alone??? Thank goodness for that! Well, if we'd both bought a 100,000 copies perhaps it would have helped... Along with "The Boatman's Call" and "Strangeways" it's about my favourite "play all the way through" album.

It will have to remain our secret and we shall have to continue to pity those that don't understand that My Beauty, even ten years on, is a continuing delight of immense proportions and the sound of a man baring his soul in a way no other artist has done before or since.

Last edited:
I'm not alone???

It will have to remain our secret and we shall have to continue to pity those that don't understand that My Beauty, even ten years on, is a continuing delight of immense proportions and the sound of a man baring his soul in a way no other artist has done before or since.

Well said,I find it so moving and powerful stuff.Would love to see KR do it live.
It's a true undiscovered classic.

Back
Top Bottom