Morrissey Central "ELIZABETH ANNE DWYER" (August 8, 2020)

Born Holles Street Hospital, Dublin, in
winter months.

Unknown-1_elgqpc.jpg

ELIZABETH ANNE DWYER

"With this broken voice I beseech you, my friends, to offer prayers of hope and prayers of intercession for the recovery of Elizabeth Anne Dwyer, who is my mother, who is in trouble, and who is the sole reason for all the good and motivational things in my life. I ask particularly my friends in Chile, Mexico, Italy, Peru, Paraguay, Brazil, the United States, Ecuador, Israel and Ireland to offer their prayers for Elizabeth - for she is all I have, and our collective pleas of petition might wake the sleeping gods.
She is me, and without her vahaan koee kal hal … there is no tomorrow. I ask no more of you… for there could be no more to ask."

Steven Patrick Francis Morrissey.

8 August 2020.

20200808_134354.jpg

Nothing but positive thoughts.
FWD.

Media items:

I am sending sincere prayers for the health of your Dear Mother Keep the faith :praying:🇵🇱

2020 will be a very dark and sad year for Morrissey. First his favorite cat passed away, then he could not go on tour to promote his beautiful new album due to the COVID-19 outbreak (and the record company dragged its feet), and now his mother's serious illness. We know that has been the most important person in his life. I sincerely hope he's on her side right now, and wish them strength and love.

Sad, and yet the natural course of events. It comes to us all.

I note that when facing his abyss, he is Steven once again. The name his mother gave him.

Terrible news. Morrissey once said, "It was entirely because of (my mother) that I survived to be in The Smiths" - and since that day, this is the moment so many of us have dreaded for him. I fear for his Mum and I fear hugely for him because he does not seem to have the support network that others lean on in a time like this (spouse, kids, etc). I fear for what he will do if his Mum passes away. Prayers.

Terrible news. Morrissey once said, "It was entirely because of (my mother) that I survived to be in The Smiths" - and since that day, this is the moment so many of us have dreaded for him. I fear for his Mum and I fear hugely for him because he does not seem to have the support network that others lean on in a time like this (spouse, kids, etc). I fear for what he will do if his Mum passes away. Prayers.

He still has his dad....as far as I know...and his sister and nephews.

I wish your Mum the very best in her recovery Morrissey, our thoughts are with you and your family X

He still has his dad....as far as I know...and his sister and nephews.

True & I'm sure he has friends, colleagues, cousins, he's not alone. It's just harder, I think - Morrissey's sister has her own family, I've heard this his Dad is remarried, they are not 'lone wolves' in quite the way that he seems to be.

Oh yes, I remember reading his autobiography, the way he was describing this woman that would spend money on herself instead of the family, it felt very negative to put that about your mother.

Are you sure that's what you read? I can't remember reading that. This is the same woman who was buying him books, records, typewriters etc when he couldn't hold down a job for 2 minutes and never left his room - she did everything for him, well into adulthood. She helped in his business affairs (with the Smiths), she spoke to accountants, she was always there. Johnny Marr once collapsed on her door in a state and together, she & Moz carried him upstairs and she tended him whilst he threw up. That's one story I remember from Autobio.

We’re losing spiritual focus. Now might not be the time.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom