Dunoon, Scotland - Queens Hall (June 18, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Alma Matters / Speedway / Meat is Murder / Action Is My Middle Name / The Kid's A Looker / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board // This Charming Man

set list provided by Quiffaa - allyouneedismorrissey.com, link posted by an anonymous person (image)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the band's t-shirts said 'McCruelty' under the trademark McDonald's 'M'.

Odd question, but what is his tour bus like, then i know what to look for at Glastonbury?

DickieFelton tweeted pictures of Morrissey's buses
324884815.jpg

325096563.jpg

Try and spot them in a crowd at Glastonbury

I guess one is for Moz and the rest of the band and crew are in the other :lbf:

Dave

Yeah the t-shirts said McCruelty with the M logo underneath and then "I'm hating it" at the bottom - very clever!

Awesome performance again last night

Yeah the t-shirts said McCruelty with the M logo underneath and "I'm hatin it" at the bottom - very clever!

Saw the Smiths at Barrowlands in 1987 as a fanatic worshipper and have only kept up with some of Morrissey's output since then but all I can say is, who needs Johnny Marr!
What a fantastic show. I had worries it might be a bit of a cringer but it was a great show, great band, great set list, great stage design. The montage of films between the support act and Morrissey was worth the ticket price itself.

And Morrissey can still sing most other men off the stage. Total charisma.

Only criticism was the support act. Bless them. Morrissey- next time, bring Damien Dempsey with you.

I hate the Queen's hall's 60's brutalism but it would be worth keeping it if we can attract acts of his calibre!

Just back from Dunoon and what a special experience that was. Dunoon welcomed us with open arms and just everything about the trip and gig was special. Loved the walk along the seafront this morning in the dreich weather.

It was the usual setlist, but it was mixed around and as mentioned Playboys was replaced with an encore of This Charming Man. Morrissey could never fault the energy, passion and enthusiasm of the crowd in Dunoon. It was very active from start to end, but thankfully I think he did notice this and there were plenty of handshakes and interaction with the front rows. He didn't say much during the gig, but oh well, doesn't matter.

Was nice to meet some likeminded people and the pints and singalong in The Brewery pub near the venue was a perfect warm up.

No cloakroom at the venue though.....which was a bit annoying as it was pouring with rain outside and a lot of people had heavy coats on. Thanks to the very kind barman who kept my jacket behind the bar for me.

Great weekend and Morrissey on great form. More awkward Scottish towns on the next tour please! Dumfries and Portree would be nice.

Morrissey Is AWESOME !!!!! I am throwing my arms around,all around Paris!

It has a 'ONE NATION' in large letters plastered on the side and a scroll/parchment with the words 'We the People'.

I remember kissing his 27yo cheek as he got off the tour bus on the QID tour in '86. It was a '50s school bus. Not sure it would have got him to Dunoon, but it was just right, for then.

The passage of time, and all of its crimes, etc...

just a great gig, the first thirty to forty minutes where as good as it gets in my opinion,
the lull during the new songs is understandable, action is my middle name was spot on,
everyday is like sunday was a highlight, being in dunoon with the crowd singing along is something that will stay with me for a long time

Just back after a 5 hour drive home. What a fantastic gig - up there in my top 3 (the others being Newcastle City Hall and Sunderland Empire). The set list was about as good as it gets. The band was awesome. Mozzer's singing was strong (despite aspersions cast on here after the Janice Long session) and he looked great. Highlights - There is a light, I know it's over, Throwing my arms around Paris and on and on. Can't wait for Middlesbrough. Oh and what a great place Dunoon is. Had a few pints afterwards in MacClures Bar - full of Mozzer fans with a Smiths/Morrissey disco.

i was at dunoon morrissey gig all i can say is it was excellent,and full marks to macclures bar for making all the morrissey fans feel welcome

Please can someone tell me the name of the singer and the song he sang in the videos on the screen pre-show ?

Very funky track, and the singer was wearing a bright yellow shirt and ridiculous tie..

Many thanks..

Yeah the t-shirts said McCruelty with the M logo underneath and "I'm hatin it" at the bottom - very clever!

Wow, yes! Must have taken a whole team of very brainy people to find that one.

Speaking of clever, I can't seem to find any information about how these tshirts are made, or how stuff from the PETA shop is made. I know they'd say they didn't harm an ant in the process, but is it really so?
I suppose they're clever enough to minimize their impact on the environment and use only organic cotton for tshirts for instance? It's funny, they don't seem to boast much about that?

Yet these days it's the sort of details a lot of clever people look for when they buy something (where and how this product was made). It's very surprising from such ethical people to not display that info. We all know that pesticides for example are quite, well, cruel for ecosystems. 9not to mention people).

I'm confused. People say we have to join the dots. Well so far, all I' m getting is a picture of a dollar bill. Is it normal? Then again, I don't think any ethical band would endorse these products without checking them ahead? That would be very stupid.

I don't think Matt Walker is stupid.
I wonder about the tshirts they sell in venues too. A tour is such a cash crop. I wonder what the cost price is for those cheap-looking "I love Money" ones...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom