Don't I Know You From Somewhere?

mjp

Retired Mozerator
OK, we all had to go through a re-registration process when these new, wonderful forums started in May.

Did you take that oppertunity to give yourself a re-birth with a fresh username? Or perhaps you couldn't have the one you wanted (isn't that always the case in life in general?).

Well anyway, I feel like I know most of you guys quite well now so I'm just wondering how many of you I may have "spoken" to through the main pages and the pandamonium that was the old forums in the past?

I'll start - I was MSMOZZER for many years, well before Quarry and Ringleader, more like back to Maladjusted era, but now, at last I am born and now I'm just plain 'ole "mjp" - it's my initials you see.

So it may seem like a strange time to start this but please, just do it.

Your initials mean IPL in Serbian (international public law) :) I always think of borders, law of the sea, mountain ranges and similar when I read your posts :p

P.S. I wasn't registered here before May, to answer the actual question...

Last edited:
I didn't post on the old forum because it was so badly set out it just attempting to read it almost made my eyes bleed.

lol @ Chica - never thought I would remind anyone borders and mountain ranges so erm, sorry about that!

@ SarahT - yes, I didn't do too much posting either for the very same reason as you - however, did you EVER post and if so what was your username?

I loved the old forum and miss it. Though I'll agree that this is an improvement.

I was dallow_bg of course.

And I miss Mr. Reynolds...
Just knowing the treasures he has available....

i sometimes miss Andy Ison, and freeyourself when he gets into a frenzy. "they're all after me! they're all after me!" lol...get a grip.

Puddle said:
i sometimes miss Andy Ison, and freeyourself when he gets into a frenzy. "they're all after me! they're all after me!" lol...get a grip.

Sometimes I read through the archives and think 'what the hell was going on?'.

Trolls and satanists and death threats (well, maybe not satanists). It was like a bearpit!

Can someone maybe give a brief summary of the craziness?

I was not here back in the past message boards,because back then I got a very exigent girlfriend and much homework, so my free time was not free

Dupree said:
Sometimes I read through the archives and think 'what the hell was going on?'.

Trolls and satanists and death threats (well, maybe not satanists). It was like a bearpit!

Can someone maybe give a brief summary of the craziness?

Oh it was all wacky adventures!
Multiple running storylines, one person pretending to be many, having arguments with themselves.
An Andy Rourke stalker, those tales were sometimes explicit but never without a laugh. Oh how she dreamed of getting a whiff of Andy's hair, and how much low self-esteem she had of herself.

Those were the days.

I didn't know of it's excistance until google stepped in. I was familiar with the solo site. I quit posting there because the trolling was enormous, so by sheer luck.

dallow_bg said:
Oh it was all wacky adventures!
Multiple running storylines, one person pretending to be many, having arguments with themselves.
An Andy Rourke stalker, those tales were sometimes explicit but never without a laugh. Oh how she dreamed of getting a whiff of Andy's hair, and how much low self-esteem she had of herself.

Those were the days.

The snippets I have read of the freeyourself debaucle were bizarre. It was all 'so-and-so must die' and 'anyone who posts from X, Y or Z IP address is a scum-guzzling bastard'.

Like you say, wacky adventures and jolly jaunts.

I just can't imagine every getting so fraught over a sweet and tender little forum.

10-15% of it was entertaining, the rest was a f***ing nuisance. one thing good about it though - you knew who to avoid. :)

i'm still the same username; never saw any reason to change it. lots of people changed their screen names like they changed their underwear - made it hard to "get to know" someone. it used to bug me but i cannae care less now. i most certainly love the layout of this board much better.

Oh, it really had its moments; there's far, far less trolling now, which is a good thing in terms of reading-quality, but I sort of miss the scrummage of the old forum. I even got my own troll once - I knew I'd made it here,then :)

dallow_bg said:
She's baaack! :p
http://www.myspace.com/rourkie (scroll through the comments)

I was realitybites on the old general discussion forum until freeyourself hijacked my name. Then I posted as Bertie for a while. I have a journal under the name realitybites and have also always used this name to post on the main page. When this forum was established, I reclaimed my name. :)

Back
Top Bottom