Does the Mexican-American Community Still Love Morrissey, Despite Everything? - Pitchfork

Does the Mexican-American Community Still Love Morrissey, Despite Everything? - Pitchfork
by Ludwig Hurtado

Excerpt:

This past weekend, thousands of Latinx folks gathered at Queen Mary Park in Long Beach, California, for the second annual Tropicália Music and Taco Festival. Likened to a Latinx Coachella by some attendees, Tropicália was put on this year by that California mega-fest’s own promoter, Goldenvoice, but did not abandon its original spirit. The lineup featured cumbia legends like Los Ángeles Azules and La Sonora Dinamita right alongside newly beloved bilingual favorites Chicano Batman, Kali Uchis, and Cardi B (who was replaced by SZA at the last minute, due to illness). Peppered in were indie-rock darlings like Mac DeMarco, Toro y Moi, and Mazzy Star.

And then there was Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
l-31953-im-not-oppressed-you-are-a-disgrace-yo-your-people.jpg

The author of the Pitchfork article is only slightly more reflective than the person on the right here.
Is this from the Some Black Lives Matter movement?

l-31953-im-not-oppressed-you-are-a-disgrace-yo-your-people.jpg

The author of the Pitchfork article is only slightly more reflective than the person on the right here.
If you adjust the guy on the right a bit when it comes to what he wears and take away the winter hat and scarf and dress him up in a food store button shirt then that guy is a copy of the one I talk about in the "your weird event of the day" thread who attacked me over nothing cause he assumed something political that wasn't there.
I don't have to point out he's a 90's snowflake do I who even cried at the checkout when some customer told him off so he ran off to be replaced by a colleague who was shaking his head in disbelief being older and wiser.

Is this from the Some Black Lives Matter movement?

.....Your People"...What the H#ll is that supposed to mean cartoonist ?.....There's only 1 kind of human being ....so far. Don't buy the media lies of division to cause headlines and profits for these trouble-makers.

.....Your People"...What the H#ll is that supposed to mean cartoonist ?.....There's only 1 kind of human being ....so far. Don't buy the media lies of division to cause headlines and profits for these trouble-makers.

The cartoon is not presenting the guy with the Che Guevara T-shirt as a sympathetic character. Does this really need explaining?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom