Does the Mexican-American Community Still Love Morrissey, Despite Everything? - Pitchfork

Does the Mexican-American Community Still Love Morrissey, Despite Everything? - Pitchfork
by Ludwig Hurtado

Excerpt:

This past weekend, thousands of Latinx folks gathered at Queen Mary Park in Long Beach, California, for the second annual Tropicália Music and Taco Festival. Likened to a Latinx Coachella by some attendees, Tropicália was put on this year by that California mega-fest’s own promoter, Goldenvoice, but did not abandon its original spirit. The lineup featured cumbia legends like Los Ángeles Azules and La Sonora Dinamita right alongside newly beloved bilingual favorites Chicano Batman, Kali Uchis, and Cardi B (who was replaced by SZA at the last minute, due to illness). Peppered in were indie-rock darlings like Mac DeMarco, Toro y Moi, and Mazzy Star.

And then there was Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they don't hate him it's because they don't read the UK news, where Moz has called Farage a liberal educator, supported right-wing parties, sneered at brown people in the public eye, and called Hitler left-wing. Morrissey is an uninformed, racist embarrassment, and he only tours where he can make money from people who haven't heard his bullshit pronouncements.
Hope life improves for you Skinny. Exactly Skinny. Only weak minded people who are programmed and limited believe what the UK editors of the moment tell them. Those girls in LA were up for Morrissey, sorry to burst your bubble LOL

Fek chipper curry thick c*** mate. Again, no one in Moz Angeles or the rest Morrisseyfornnia gives a shit about how much he hates the uk. We all know the California Son hates everyone that is not from LA like him. All of us could not even point out where the uk is on a "globe". Reckon no one cares about the uk in Moz Angeles inn n nn nnn n n din't.
A less funny person never existed. Such a dick.

If they don't hate him it's because they don't read the UK news, where Moz has called Farage a liberal educator, supported right-wing parties, sneered at brown people in the public eye, and called Hitler left-wing. Morrissey is an uninformed, racist embarrassment, and he only tours where he can make money from people who haven't heard his bullshit pronouncements.
And yet you still stalk.

Só f***ing what, uncle skinny?

SO f***ING WHAT!!!

I suspect who you are. Your existence is dead pan sad.

You call Morrissey things he is not but still you are always releasing the gaseous fart-like ddiatribes against Moz here. A dedicated site.

Your life must suck so much...

Morrissey is not a racist. And it is dangerous to throw that word around, you debase its value. Morrissey does not believe in the superiority of the white race. And he has never said anything remotely in tune with that ideology / belief system. What he has said goes against the post modern, Neo Marxist Liberal orthodoxy that exists in the main stream media.

I disagree with some of the political views expressed by Morrissey in the past, like I do with other people including family and friends. I don't know anyone who I can agree with 100% about things in life, and many won't agree with me either. Not for that reason I try to destroy them in social media unless they are doing something enormously bad, like Donald Trump or the Tory Party in UK does. Not to mention the monarchy!!

Hilarious bit of straw-clutching from Pitchfork - loving the palpable disappointment that the author's lofty preconceptions bore no relation whatsoever to reality.

Damn straight. That and there there always like minded, ignorant arseholes about who also think Farage is a liberal educator, Hitler was left wing and are racist who agree with him. This place is a magnet to 'em. They're welcome to him to be honest. Birds of a feather and all that.

I disagree with some of the political views expressed by Morrissey in the past, like I do with other people including family and friends. I don't know anyone who I can agree with 100% about things in life, and many won't agree with me either. Not for that reason I try to destroy them in social media unless they are doing something enormously bad, like Donald Trump or the Tory Party in UK does. Not to mention the monarchy!!

The Monarchy are completely irrelevant. Apart from maybe Prince Andrew. He's a special kind of c***, generally speaking though, they're just hangers on. An expensive distraction if you will.

This 100%. Long live free speech.

Another writer desperately clutching at straws to bring attention to Pitchfork's "wokeness". Yawn.

Racist ?
Look at his band!A bit "brown" ?

Whatabout Boz,anti right wing ?
STILL enjoying playing and touring with Morrissey.

You were a boring rabid fanboy way back and now you're a boring,rabid hate twat.

Yet another condescending c***bag telling us how surprised he is at Morrissey's success. Highlighting the fact that he's a presumptuous prat posting boring uninformative drivel on a website nobody cares about. A bit like myself posting this :crazy:

Do Mexicans still love Moz despite everything?

What everything?

What has he done?
He had the CHEEK to say most music is crap, politicians are selfish braindead sociopaths, and he hates X Factor. NOBODY could be forgiven for actually saying what other people really think. He made the mistake of holding up the cracked mirror to the Vampire.

That's a generalisation. I go to his concerts when he plays in my home country. I don't fly to see Moz concerts, or any concerts for that matter. I'm very aware of most public comments Moz makes and I often don't agree but that doesn't stop me wanting to hear him sing or buy his new records.
Only a Sith thinks in absolutes, Darth Skinny.

It’s kinda a crappy assumption that Mexicans don’t know what’s going on in the rest of the world. Mexican fans probably follow what morrissey says and read the same articles we do that explain a lot of the context of the politics he’s talking about

Or maybe they did and they agree with him, which is obviously too much to take for the King of vertu that you are.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom